Heini Zachariassen grew Vivino into the largest wine community in the world (56 million users) and raised $221 million in funding. In this podcast, Heini shares his secrets (competition, fundraising, partnerships, and more) for how he built Vivino from a simple concept to the largest online wine app in the world.
- [1:53] - Safety in upbringing and why being outside can be a boon to an entrepreneur
- [8:29] - “Never look at the competition, know your customer instead”
- [10:58] - Focus on the product and avoid distractions
- [14:25] - On B2C marketing
- [19:20] - Building the company culture at Vivino
- [23:34] - When should a founder step down and bring in a new CEO
- [27:08] - Fundraising tips
- [30:35] - what Heini looks for in founders for angel investing
What is The European Startup Show?
To inspire technology entrepreneurs in Europe with stories and practical strategies from other successful entrepreneurs.
If you are a CEO, founder, or work in sales or marketing, and your company is based in Europe or is looking to expand into Europe, then this podcast is for you.