In this episode, Adam talks to Chris Fritz about common mistakes people make when designing Vue.js applications, and better ways to solve the same problems.
- Why global state is better than an event bus
- Why and how to avoid using this.$parent
- Custom events vs. callback props
- When to use watchers and when you don't need to
- Why you should prefer computed properties over methods
- Inline templates vs. scoped slots
- Using components to share code instead of mixins or directives
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio to try their Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days
- Codeship, check out how they performed in Forrester's latest Continuous Integration Tools report
- Advanced Vue Component Design, Adam's upcoming course
- Chris on GitHub
- Chris on Patreon
- "7 Secret Patterns Vue Consultants Don't Want You To Know", Chris' recent presentation
- "Methods, Computed, and Watchers in Vue.js" by Sarah Drasner
- PortalVue, library for rendering elements outside of their parent component
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.