Elizabeth explains TikTok, the wildly popular app that used to be Musical.ly, inherited Vine’s place on the internet, and could lead your kids towards extreme creativity or utter toxicity, or both! Plus, Jon returns with a look at the memes of 2018.
(N.B. We recorded part of this in 2018, part of it in 2019, so there are a few references to “this year” that may be slightly confusing. What is time, anyway?)
- What I’m already Tracer means
- What Hit or Miss means
- History of Musical.ly
- History of Vine
- Find some funny Tik Toks on Ironic Tik Toks Twitter account
- Find some cringe-y Tik Toks on Dankius on YouTube
- The Great Furry War
- How TikTok makes money, sort of
- What Sprite Cranberry means
- Tumblr banned adult content on Dec. 17, 2018
- Park Power, your local-loving provider of electricity and natural gas
- The Edmonton Community Foundation, home of The Well Endowed Podcast
Here's a special offer for you from SeatGIANT, the Canadian ticket resale marketplace: Use the offer code “apn” at checkout to get 5% off your purchase. You’ll be helping yourself while helping the network.
You can subscribe to us in all the places, and most of them let you rate and review, too, which would be lovely.
What is That's a Thing?!?
A sometimes belated, already outdated guide to your teens, tweens and everything under 20. In each episode, Elizabeth, a teenager, explains a thing to Karen, her mother. And Karen tells Elizabeth how that thing relates to something she knows. Maybe.