Josh Pigford sees a lot of SaaS revenue analytics; what's he seeing that we're not?
- Baremetrics does analytics for SaaS companies
- I called him up just to get a sense of how this pandemic (and looming recession) has already started to affect different SaaS companies
- He's already noticing some trends: "A lot of SaaS companies are seeing the biggest loss they've seen in the past 4 weeks. I've heard from some companies that are seeing a 10-20% decrease in MRR."
- "Payroll is the biggest challenge over the next year. Payroll is our biggest expense."
- How are you going to ride this out?
- "We use Flight Path + Baremetrics to forecast revenue and expenses."
- Justin's tweet: "here are the companies doing well right now."
- A preview of a new feature that Baremetrics is building: automated email messaging for SaaS companies.
- Josh's side-projects: Cedar + Sail, Lasertweets
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Twitter: @buildyoursaas, @mijustin, @jonbuda, @shpigford
- Leave a comment on PodHunt; it's like Reddit, but for podcasts.
- Email us: email@example.com
★ Need a podcast?
- Transistor allows you to host all of your podcasts in one place.
- We also offer private podcasts: use them with your team, or on your membership site.
- Get a 14-day trial here.
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Sofia Quintero
- Chris Willow
- Mason Hensley
- Borja Soler teami.io
- Ward from MemberSpace.com
- Eric Lima
- James Sowers (like Flowers) with UserInput.io
- Travis Fischer
- Matt Buckley, from NiceThings.io
- Russell Brown
- Evandro Sasse
- Pradyumna Shembekar (PD), pradyumna.dev
- Noah Prail, eventOneHQ.com
- Robert Simplicio, Simplicio.com
- Colin Gray alitu.com
- Josh Smith, hellosift.com
- Ivan Curkovic
- Brian Rhea (Pronounced “Ray”)
- Shane Smith, dev.transistor.fm
- Austin Loveless
- Simon Bennett, snapshooter.io
- Michael Sitver, letterjoy.co
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis, usefathom.com
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto, thebicrowd.com
- Brad from Canada
- Sammy Schuckert
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com
What is Build Your SaaS 2022?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2022? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.