We’re all struggling to figure out how COVID-19 is going to impact our businesses and our lives moving forward. There are no easy answers, but there are a lot of steps you can take to strengthen your brand in the long run.
This week’s PFK episode is all about navigating the crisis with a playbook from one of DTC’s best and brightest. From messaging to conversion optimization to increasing AOV, Allen and Kristen dig deep into the tactics that top brands are using to stay strong under pressure.
- When things are tough, the weak points of your business tend to come to the surface
- Positioning during the COVID-19 crisis doesn’t have to be entirely about the disease- there are a range of ways to look at your product in context of consumer mindsets
- Revenue = (traffic) x (your conversion rate) x (your average order value)
- Understanding the context of the buyer is vital to understanding your own conversion rate
- In times of trouble, consumers tend to retreat back to products they’re already comfortable with
- “Increasing AOV doesn't even have to [be] incentivized, or discounted, or [include a] free gift to go with it. It could just be a natural congruency between products that are in your catalog.”
- Email sequences are a great way to shorten the sales cycle by packing in a much broader range of customer touch points
- Here’s Kristen’s last PFK conversation with Allen
What is Playing for Keeps?
Retaining customers has never been more important for eCommerce businesses. Join Kristen LaFrance, eCommerce retention specialist and head of community at Churn Buster, as she interviews guests from the top subscription businesses to learn how the best in the DTC space are retaining customers. If you're growing a subscription based business, running a subscribe and save program on your site, or just plain interested in hearing stories from the top DTC businesses, Playing for Keeps is for you.