Junior to Senior with David Guttman
David and David talk about providing value for your customers, how to know if you are providing value, and being a good engineer.
- Building products people use
- Getting a job you can be great at
- Be in places where luck can happen to you
- How to know if you are providing value
- “If you're not providing value in your ecosystem, interacting with this person is not a good use of time or money.” - DS
- “If you're aligned with your managers, then you'll tend to produce value for them.” - DS
- “If you don't fundamentally care about who you serve, you should consider whether that's the job you want.” - DS
- “You need to be where luck can happen to you.” - DS
- “Is the product, is the team better for me having been here?” - DS
- “Constantly refactor. Don't ask for permission to refactor.” - DS
- “A good engineer is refactoring a little bit along the way, all the time.” - DS
What is Junior to Senior with David Guttman?
A weekly show for ambitious devs who want to take their career to the next level.