In this episode, Alyssa and Melissa discuss the benefits of a referral program, the steps to referral success, and examples of creators who are doing it right.
- [07:09] - Referral programs are a great way to grow your audience in a way that’s relatively “hands-off”.
- [08:39] - Tools like SparkLoop help you automate your referral program. Automation is especially useful if you’re a small creator.
- [14:24] - People trust referrals from friends more than anything else. A referred subscriber has built-in trust with you that otherwise, you would have to spend time, money, and energy to establish.
- [16:11] - Referral programs reward subscriber engagement.
- [16:47] - Using incentives not only drives traffic to your newsletter but also the content outside of your newsletter.
- [19:22] - Referral programs lower the cost of subscriber acquisition and get people excited about your upcoming content.
- [22:18] - Before launching a referral program, you need a newsletter with measurable subscriber value rather than a brand new newsletter with no built-in audience.
- [24:08] - You also need a clear explanation of how your referral program works so it’s obvious to your subscribers what they have to do.
- Contact Us!
- Morning Brew
- ConvertKit Creator Pro account
- Manuel Frigerio
- Louis Nicholls
- Codie Sanchez
- Nathan Barry’s newsletter
- SparkLoop’s growth calculator
- SparkLoop rewards library
- James Clear
- The 3-2-1 Newsletter
- Great Talks Most People Have Never Heard
- Nathan Barry’s podcast
- Brennan Dunn
- Create & Sell
- Angel at ConvertKit
- Isa at ConvertKit
What is Deliverability Defined?
Each week, Deliverability Defined will dive deep into topics about email deliverability, giving you the insight you need to reach the inbox of your subscribers.