Krijn De Nood - CEO & Co-founder at Meatable talks about his journey from Mckinsey to Meatable, why alternative proteins are key to solving some of the world’s biggest problems and the strategies they have adopted to succeed in this space. Founded in 2018, Meatable is an innovative, Dutch food company aiming, to deliver, at scale, the new natural: cultivated meat that looks like, tastes like, and has the nutritional profile of traditional meat.
- [2:12] - Journey from consulting to founding Meatable
- [11:06] - Alternative protein market
- [14:35] - Biggest challenges facing Meatable and lab-grown meat
- [17:45] - Cost of Meatable burger vs a normal burger and target market
- [22:58] - Funding
- [24:45] - Go-to-market strategy: license technology or vertically integrate
- [28:00] - Messaging for different markets - Singapore, US, Europe
- [31:00] - US expansion
What is The European Startup Show?
To inspire technology entrepreneurs in Europe with stories and practical strategies from other successful entrepreneurs.
If you are a CEO, founder, or work in sales or marketing, and your company is based in Europe or is looking to expand into Europe, then this podcast is for you.