In this African Pre-seed Podcast episode, Philani Mzila hosts Viola Llewellyn (President and Co-founder of Ovamba Solutions, Inc) and Larry Yon and Kendrall Felder (Co-Founders of Cyber Alliance).
Viola Llewellyn, Kendrall Felder and Larry Yon talk about cybersecurity risks and unpack what early-stage fintech Founders on the continent need to be doing to build safe and robust digital infrastructure.
What to look forward to in this episode:
- What does financial and cyber inclusion in Africa look like? [6:54]
- How early should tech founders invest in cybersecurity? [11:09]
- How much time should Founders spend on building their product versus securing it? [14:35]
- How does regulation around fintech cybersecurity vary in African markets? [20:00]
- What are some of the commercial incentives of attending to cybersecurity risks? [23:21]
- Ahead of all existing cyber threats, what is the number one cybersecurity threat Founders should look to mitigate? [26:43]
- What are some cybersecurity threats Viola, Kendrall and Larry have dealt with in their businesses? [34:30]
- What do you have to say to the founder that thinks they simply can't afford to pay attention to cybersecurity in their startup? [40:38]
CONNECT VIA SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Connect with Viola Llewellyn on Twitter and Linkedin.
- Connect with Larry Yon on Linkedin.
- Connect with Kendrall Felder on Linkedin.
- Connect with Philani Mzila on Linkedin.
Are you a tech Founder or investor looking to gain more insight into cybersecurity for your business? Tell us why or why not. Let us know on the socials using the #AfricanPreseed hashtag.
ARTICLE: How early-stage startups can enlist the right amount of security as they grow by First Round Review.
ARTICLE: Cybersecurity in Africa: What Should African Leaders Do to Strengthen the Digital Economy? By Tony Blair Institute for Global Change.
REPORT: The rise of global cybersecurity venture funding by Crunchbase.
YOUTUBE: The Cybersecurity guide for startups by Slush.
Click here to subscribe to the podcast wherever you listen.
What is The African Pre-seed Podcast?
An insight-rich immersion in African tech ecosystem affairs for the discerning Africa-focused founder. Hosted by Hope Ditlhakanyane and Rajiv Daya.