In this episode, Adam talks to Jeffrey Way about the process of building the brand new Laracasts.com with Tailwind CSS.
- How Jeffrey has written CSS historically, and what drew him to a utility-first approach
- Incrementally replacing Bulma with Tailwind
- The importance of solidifying your Tailwind configuration before beginning to implement a design
- The new Tailwind color system
- Why choosing a color palette in advance is much better than using preprocessor functions like darken() or lighten()
- How duplicating your markup is often a better solution than trying to write incredibly crafty responsive CSS
- How Tailwind helps with performance by letting you keep your CSS cached
- How to use CSS variables to create multiple themes for the same Tailwind site
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio and install Rollbar in your app to receive a $100 gift card for Open Collective
- ImageCon, Cloudinary's upcoming conference for any developer who works with rich media. Get 15% off using the code FULLSTACKRADIO15.
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.