Our special guest on this week’s episode of the Secure Retirement Podcast is Helen Livingston. Helen was a teacher, a high school counselor, and a principal in Alabama, and earned both her Master’s and PhD, all while raising four children. She was also an integral part of opening the Medical School at Florida State University. Helen has had an extensive career in education and continues to stay busy and active in her version of retirement.
“It's important that you take a good clear-eyed look at your fiscal situation so that you know that you're not going to add stress to your life in retirement, because there will be enough stress. Getting old is not for the faint of heart,” says Helen.
We chat with Helen about living with passion and enthusiasm, as well as:
- Life in both K-12 and higher education, and the changes witnessed over the years
- The community impact of a new Medical School
- Doctors returning home to make a difference in places of need
- Saying YES to opportunities when they present themselves
- Evaluating your reason for retirement
- And more
What is John H. Curry's Secure Retirement Podcast?
Discover stories from real people who are living out their definition of a secure retirement.