In the latest episode of "Troy talks a lot: The Podcast" Troy and Mack (but mostly Troy) talk about some of the advantages of free transit, why it didn't happen, and why climate change was not the best argument to make in service of free transit. Plus journalism is dead!
- Parking gates go automated at Expo Centre, 32 cashiers to transition into other jobs
- Fired parking cashiers can sue Northlands for defamation, judges rule
- Cat overcrowding: Edmonton's animal care centre now requiring appointments for lost cat drop-offs due to capacity issues
- Councillors opt for plan to improve transit service instead of removing fares in drive to increase ridership
- Edmonton transit use low as city set to launch bus redesign
- Councillor sets ambitious target to get people to ride Edmonton Transit
- Edmonton councillors shut down free transit idea
- Troy's tweets
- Corus Entertainment wins ‘power’ battle over broadcasting rival after judge grants injunction on use of radio station name
What is Speaking Municipally?
Taproot Edmonton presents a weekly discussion on key stories in municipal politics. We pay attention to City Council so you don't have to! Join us as we delve into conversations about the context surrounding decisions made at City Hall.