Disney has announced a new free entertainment option outside the parks at Walt Disney World. This story, plus what you need to know before riding Tron and a sneak peek at the Roundup Rodeo BBQ coming to Hollywood Studios.
Disney has Announced a New Free Family Entertainment Option at Walt Disney World
There's a new free entertainment option at Walt Disney World taking place Saturday mornings at Disney Springs. The Disney Springs Kids Club is a brand-new entertainment offering designed for the whole family to enjoy together. It takes place at Waterview Park at 10:30 a.m. every Saturday morning.
Unique, family-friendly acts and entertainment will be on-hand to entertain. Wassalou, the Afropop band from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park, kicked things off at Disney Springs Kids Club. You can play bongos and maracas or just dance along in the drum circle. Not your style? How about Flight Crew Jump Rope a high-energy dance party featuring fast-paced jump-rope routines acrobatics. And yes, you can join in the fun with this one as well. Finally, DJ KD Queen will take to the stage, hosting games, singalongs and more.
Disney Builds Anticipation with Four Key Things to Know in Advance of Tron Lightcycle Run Opening Day
Riding Tron Lightcycle Run isn't going to be just a matter of lining up and getting on the ride. Before you board when the ride opens on April 4 there are four things you need to know:
1. A Virtual Queue for Team Blue at Tron
TRON will use a virtual queue when it opens and a standby queue will not be available.
2. Riding Tron through Individual Lightning Lane
Looking for an option to pay to play? Tron will offer a paid ILL option, so get ready to reserve your time first thing in the morning.
3. New Locker System
Tron will offer digitized lockers to store bags and loose items while you ride. The lockers are free and located within the line. Your locker will pair directly with your MagicBand, MagicBand+ or park ticket so you can easily lock and reopen your locker with a tap. If you don't have any of those, Cast Members will give you a card for your locker. There will also be small pouches in the ride cars, but it sounds like Disney isn't messing around with guests who have extra baggage.
4. Disney PhotoPass Tron Ride Photo and Video
Not surprisingly there will be an onboard photo and video automatically linked to your My Disney Experience account. It's important to note the following if you want your photo and video:
- Enable Bluetooth for the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device before riding. Make sure you're logged into the My Disney Experience app and keep the device out of low power mode. Your device will need to ride with you, so keep it secure.
- The easier option is to wear a MagicBand or MagicBand+ that’s linked to a My Disney Experience account.
Roundup Rodeo BBQ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios opens March 23, 2023
We heard about Roundup Rodeo ages ago and now the time for BBQ is almost here. Here's a quick look at the BBQ menu coming your way.
You'll start with the Prospector’s Homemade Cheddar Biscuits served with sweet pepper jelly.
- Tomato Salad: Tomatoes, cucumbers, and pickled red onions tossed in a white balsamic vinaigrette and garnished with fresh dill (plant-based)
- Rex’s Romaine and Kale Salad: Romaine and kale mixed with green apples, pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries tossed with green goddess dressing
- Watermelon Salad: Cubed watermelon garnished with freshly torn mint leaves (plant-based)
- Evil Dr. Smoked Ribs: Fall-off-the-bone pork ribs, slow-cooked for hours in our onsite smokehouse
- Buttercup’s Beef Brisket: Hand-sliced beef brisket, smoked then slow-cooked to juicy perfection
- There’s a Sausage in My Boot: Spiced pork sausage fire-grilled over live oak
- BBQ Chicken – with Style! Chicken brined for 48 hours, rubbed with our secret backyard BBQ spice and smoked to tender juiciness
Plant-based offerings are available upon request:
- Slow-smoked Cauliflower topped with sweet harissa drizzle and crunchy walnut gremolata
- Oven-roasted “Bratwurst” that is tender and juicy, sliced to perfection
- Impossible “Rib Chop” seasoned with spices, then roasted and glazed with sweet BBQ sauce and skewered on a sugar cane “bone”
You can choose four of the following side dishes for your table:
- The Married Spuds: Loaded potato barrels drizzled with green goddess dressing, cheese sauce, and seasoned BBQ spices
- Force Field Fried Pickles: Jumbo fried pickle spears coated with a dill-flavored breading
- Slinky Doooooooooog Mac & Cheese: Spiral pasta in a creamy house-made cheese sauce topped with crumbled cheddar crackers
- Buckin’ Baked Beans: A traditional BBQ picnic favorite (plant-based)
- Cowpoke Corn on the Cob: Grilled and seasoned with a chili-lime spice blend, cilantro, cotija cheese, and lime juice
- Mean Old Potato Salad: Homestyle with red-skinned potatoes
- Veggie Slaw: Crunchy shredded veggie slaw that is a summertime favorite! (plant-based)
- Campfire-roasted Vegetables: A variety of roasted seasonal vegetables (plant-based)
For dessert, choose "perfectly portioned" chuckwagon desserts:
- Cupcake à la Forky: A classic chocolate cake with a gooey chocolate ganache center topped with velvety graham cracker buttercream and a sugar cookie
- Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake: An iconic creamy dessert that balances the tanginess of the cheesecake with the natural sweetness of blueberries and lemon
- Billy’s Chocolate Silk Pie: Graham cracker crust and chocolate mousse with chantilly cream
- Goat’s Apple Pie: Tart apples and warm pie spices balance perfectly with the creamy sweet filling under a crumble crust
- Gruff’s Peach-Strawberry Pie: Silky sweet peaches and tart strawberries together (plant-based)
An assortment of craft cocktails and non-alcoholic beverages.
Adult Craft Cocktails:
- Snake Eye Margarita: A summertime BBQ classic with watermelon, smoke, and a bit of spice!
- Rum Punch: Rum punch with passion fruit and pineapple finished with a smoky spiced garnish
- Chocolate with a Grown-up Twist: A blend of chocolate rum, horchata liqueur, cocoa, and flavors of toasted marshmallow
- Frozen Peanut Butter & Jelly: A fun frozen twist on the classic peanut butter & jelly featuring peanut butter whiskey
- Whiskey Lemonade: Strawberry lemonade with Tennessee whiskey and Italian bitter aperitif
- The Rodeo Mule: A classic “patio sipper,” this mule mixes vodka with fresh juices and ginger beer
A selection of beer, hard cider, and wines by the glass are available.
- Molly’s Frozen Iced Tea: A frosty concoction with iced tea and citrus flavors
- Frozen Cocoa: A frozen blend of cocoa and vanilla topped with miniature marshmallows
- Partysaurus Tex: Strawberry lemonade is even more fun when you garnish it with gummy worms
Thank You for Listening to the Disney Travel Podcast
Thank you very much for listening to this episode, Amelia and I hope that you enjoyed it. If you did, we would be very grateful if you could rate, review and subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts/iTunes
(or on whichever app you choose to listen). A brief review about what you liked most about an episode truly helps to keep the show going by exposing it to new listeners. We look forward to continue producing new episodes each week.
Sharing the podcast with your friends and on social media is also extremely helpful and very much appreciated.Shop 1923 Main Street
Feel free to visit our 1923 Main Street® Disney merchandise shop
where we have hundreds of unique and original Disney-inspired t-shirts, leggings, clothing, mugs, phone cases and much more. You'll find everything from 1923 Main Street logo merchandise to custom created authentic Disney-inspired originals, including lots of great patterns for leggings and other items.Contact 1923 Main Street
Thank you for listening to the Disney Travel News Podcast at 1923MainStreet.com
. As always, we love to get feedback and questions from our listeners and to hear your suggestions and ideas for future episodes.
Please be sure to follow along on Twitter
Thank you for listening and have a magical day!
Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic
--Media provided by Jamendo
What is 1923 Main Street: The Disney Travel Podcast?
1923 Main Street® is an award-winning* Disney travel podcast hosted by the father daughter team of Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic. This is your source for the latest Disney travel news and what it all means for you.
Join Mike and Amelia for fun-filled informative discussions as they share the latest Disney travel news every week. Get the latest news for travel to Disney destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disney Vacation Club (including Disney Aulani in Hawaii and Disney's Vero Beach Resort in Florida), Disneyland Paris and more.
In each episode, Mike and Amelia discuss the very latest Disney travel news from resort hotels, to Disney dining, VIP experiences, special events, theme parks and more. Mike has over 50 years and 100+ weeks of onsite Disney travel experience, while Amelia brings a younger perspective to the table with 13+ years and nearly 40 weeks of onsite Disney travel experiences at the age of 15.
*1923 Main Street: The Disney Travel Podcast won the Canadian Podcast Award for Outstanding Kids & Family Series in 2022 and has been nominated for Best Podcast Awards at the People's Choice Podcast Awards and the Canadian Podcast Awards.