We explore and discuss Gaming Addiction in a special two-part episode. We scrutinize published articles relating to Gaming Addiction. Online articles from; The Guardian, CBC.CA, and BBC. These hot issues surround an already controversial topic in the gaming industry. We have a very biased opinion regarding gaming addiction and it's loosely labeling of a mental disorder.
With a basic understanding of these topics, we analyze video game addiction based on published articles.
Gaming addiction classified as disorder by WHO - 5:12
Parents need to be more involved with their kids - 16:00
Canada going after Fortnite - 16:20
Quote from CBC.CA article- 17:09
Gaming Addiction is officially an disorder - 26:42
Gaming Video from the BBC - 31:32
- The World Health Organization - https://www.who.int/
- NHS opens clinic to help child addicts of computer games - https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/oct/08/nhs-opens-clinic-to-help-child-addicts-of-computer-games
- Addicted to Fortnite? Montreal law firm says video game company should pay up - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/fortnite-lawsuit-calex-l%C3%A9gal-montreal-1.5308625
- Gaming addiction classified as disorder by WHO - https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42541404
- Gaming can actually be good for you [video] - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/clip/83934129-5093-4c2c-8d76-ef9e93a31545
What is Life and Gaming?
Life and Gaming.
We debate and explore all generations of video games, systems, and the industry which drives our hobby. We examine hot, important, and impactful topics in the gaming industry.
We share stories about how each of us relate to different generations of games we experienced growing up while simultaneously learning a little more about ourselves. Take this journey with us as we explore our lives with video games and how those games influence our lives.