Dave (GM): Fellows are after them. They're trying to drag a cock into it. You want the captains?
Nathaniel Horcock: You are.
Dave (GM): You are. This man here was our captain. He was the one behind it, and he draws a gun and points it in your direction.
Marion Freeman: So I just shoot him like, captain Malcolm Reynolds.
Dave (GM): I I am gonna give you 5 points of damage tone. Yeah. Actually, they should be going for you. So I think McDermott is gonna shoot at you because he is he is he is the most nasty racist one of them. You see him make a line, a mark on his book. Matt's lying there bleeding out. Have we got a is there a doctor in town? And there are historical records indicating there were ninjas in fucking Japan,
Nathaniel Horcock: that is the old west.
Dave (GM): I'm Dave. I am the GM and co designer of Tales of the Old West.
Marion Freeman: I am the other co designer of Tales of the Old West, and my name is Matthew. I'm also playing in this actual play, Marion Freeman.
Nathaniel Horcock: My name is Andrew. I play Nathaniel Hawcock.
Jimmy Harlesden: I'm Tony. I'm playing Jimmy Harston.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, do you want the good news or the bad news?
Marion Freeman: Am I dead? No. Are you dead?
Nathaniel Horcock: No. Well,
Marion Freeman: everything's good news then.
Nathaniel Horcock: Just just I'd be a doctor.
Marion Freeman: Sorry? You you did dive, and you're now a new character.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. No. No. No. No. I'll be the doctor. There's no doctor. Just me.
Marion Freeman: Oh, in the hand.
Dave (GM): Oh, fuck. So, Andy played his case and the, you shot and killed Elliot in Carmelo
Marion Freeman: Well, that's what he had to do.
Dave (GM): In front of the town. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Just waiting for the sheriff to come along now.
Dave (GM): There is no sheriff.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes.
Dave (GM): But it looks like that the guy from the 31st inventory, Jake Sanford, crossed his name off his book. Come on. That's good news. Mhmm.
Nathaniel Horcock: And then And they went for breakfast at
Dave (GM): And then they've gone for breakfast at the Intrails Hotel.
Nathaniel Horcock: So there's some sorry. That's family we we cannot mention.
Marion Freeman: Well, the
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, okay. We'll just find you a doctor then, shall we? It must be a doctor in town. Well Or a blacksmith. Blacksmiths are quite good at the day
Dave (GM): but I think we can find a doctor, but you do need I think he's gonna have probably 7 dice in doctoring. Mhmm. And the doctor. The doctor. And a couple of people can help. So did you wanna roll 9 dice for your
Nathaniel Horcock: I'll even
Marion Freeman: roll my own treatments.
Dave (GM): I don't want him to do it with 3 dice.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. That's not no. It's Oh, no. It's more than 3 dice.
Dave (GM): That's not
Nathaniel Horcock: it is 3 dice. Sorry.
Marion Freeman: I have a big question to ask. That's it. I think it's it. Okay. Do MPCs have that?
Dave (GM): Get to push.
Marion Freeman: Mhmm. 2 successes.
Dave (GM): You did.
Nathaniel Horcock: You were done.
Dave (GM): No mishaps. Excellent.
Nathaniel Horcock: So I'll pay for his doctor treatment, whatever it's the bill comes for. $10,000. Excellent. I don't I don't know. I don't do it.
Dave (GM): I think the doctor is probably gonna charge for the whole thing, $10.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. He needs to be a doctor as well, don't he, boss? I knew I knew he shot up a little. Well Or you just
Dave (GM): You know what? I couldn't think I haven't got no. Just gonna kill it. I'll let it in some rest, I think.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Okay. So the town is awash with
Nathaniel Horcock: Rumor, is it?
Dave (GM): New news and noise and Mhmm. Rumors and chatter.
Marion Freeman: New Mexico was an obvious mistake,
Nathaniel Horcock: I think it took part of the civil war, did it? Okay.
Dave (GM): It it did, but only in a small way. Look. It kind of it was it was
Nathaniel Horcock: But Texas was south.
Dave (GM): It was confederacy, but it lost very quickly and very early on.
Nathaniel Horcock: And then there were union troops.
Dave (GM): There was there was three battles, but then union troops were basically occupying. Yeah. And then towards the end of the war, because there were no confederates to fight, the union troops kind of started killing Native Americans. Obviously, they had to come someday. Mhmm. So So the state was a was a southern was a confederacy state.
Nathaniel Horcock: But that it wasn't wasn't that well, that film where Charles and Heston starred in New Mexico when he banned him and the band of confederates went Apache hunting in in Mexico.
Dave (GM): I don't remember Phil.
Nathaniel Horcock: Charlton Heston. He when he went into Mexico, fought the French in Mexico, came across. You don't remember that? From. Yeah. He had it was Charlton Heston. I can't remember who played the confederate leader was who played dog oh, for fuck's sake. The English actor. Well, I can't remember the English actor now.
Dave (GM): English actor. It doesn't
Nathaniel Horcock: Larry No. No. It doesn't show
Dave (GM): us. No.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. Who's gonna play Dumbledore in Harry Potter?
Dave (GM): Dunno. There were 2 Donalddors. The first one. Gamabon No. Richard Harris.
Nathaniel Horcock: Richard Harris. Yeah. Yep. Yeah. Rich Dad's played to the federal.
Marion Freeman: Okay.
Nathaniel Horcock: Leader. So I
Dave (GM): think it wasn't a big war civil war location. No. I don't know. It's quite a long way away from it. But there were a couple of battles. Mhmm. But the confederacy side in New Mexico lost very early on. So I think near the place is is not
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm not mister top guy at the moment.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Well, it's not it's the thing is it's not gonna be I you know, it's not really either
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): Abolitionist or Well, the King of Crow Confederacy.
Marion Freeman: Those 3 guys bought trouble to the town. We tried to get them to leave as non violently as we possibly could.
Dave (GM): Yeah.
Marion Freeman: And they didn't leave. Trouble came. We ended the trouble.
Dave (GM): Well, you start the drop because you didn't shoot 1st.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. The guns were drawn. Elliott pointed the gun. He They drew first. Elliott did.
Dave (GM): Yeah. But he shot first. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Well, yeah. Hand shot first.
Dave (GM): So yeah. And some people clean up the bodies. I mean, the priest is still here. Mhmm. It's kind of coming in and getting some people to help him take the bodies up to the cemetery just to bury them. Yeah. There's a there's a there's quite a buzz.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Because that's 2 people who have been shoot seen shooting cold blooded wolves.
Dave (GM): Yeah. That is, isn't it?
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. After what?
Marion Freeman: Score he had on his It was it was a
Dave (GM): So, you know, Rayburn comes to find you.
Nathaniel Horcock: I want to. Yeah. I'm
Dave (GM): not sure why you're
Nathaniel Horcock: I mean, the blessings. I have the other blessings Up
Dave (GM): to the blessings.
Nathaniel Horcock: For a drink, a breakfast.
Dave (GM): Okay.
Marion Freeman: Where the fuck am I?
Dave (GM): Oh, that's good.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, take it to the doctors. We'll get you saw the
Dave (GM): I'm in the doctors. I don't think there is a proper doctors here. There's Maybe there is.
Marion Freeman: Maybe there's
Dave (GM): a surgeon. I think it's not on the list. The barber. They're probably you
Nathaniel Horcock: with the doctors. It might have been between the barber then,
Dave (GM): would it? Yeah. Yeah. So you're you're gonna be there for a couple of days before you're well enough to to move back. I think
Marion Freeman: you guys need to make a wagon.
Nathaniel Horcock: Lucky we got a wagon then, isn't it?
Marion Freeman: It is.
Dave (GM): You can probably get a wagon.
Nathaniel Horcock: So what's mister Rayburn What does mister Rayburn say to me?
Dave (GM): Are you where are you, Tim? I think I'm just gonna head back to the branch because I just lie down. So I don't you know, I'm not bleeding out, but I'm You
Nathaniel Horcock: did some injury?
Dave (GM): Quite battered. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: You don't want breakfast then?
Dave (GM): I think I need a little sleep
Nathaniel Horcock: fast. Okay.
Marion Freeman: I wanna snack biscuits at lunch.
Nathaniel Horcock: My biscuits around. Yeah. With Weebles.
Marion Freeman: Is mum all cooking breakfast?
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, course. Of course. Yes. Mom. Oh, good. Okay. Breakfast dot
Dave (GM): So I've got a shot. Oh, no. It's fighting. We just need to get back and get mom to give you a cover.
Marion Freeman: A shot. I got shot. You got a little flesh wound.
Dave (GM): Yeah. From some billets. Shot as it feeling shot, as it's called. Your mother is horrified. Having lost William, she she gives you a really hard time whilst she's helping to catch her.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. She doesn't start nagging me saying, oh, you don't mind. I don't you know?
Dave (GM): Oh, you're not. Really annoying.
Marion Freeman: Maybe you should send us an offer.
Dave (GM): There's quite a lot of edits to do. No. This whole cat will just
Nathaniel Horcock: This disappeared.
Dave (GM): We've had to do all the the inappropriate bits out, so you just have to listen to us laughing. Yeah. Rayburn comes up to you and says
Nathaniel Horcock: Oksana.
Dave (GM): Did you wanna explain?
Nathaniel Horcock: Explain what?
Dave (GM): That gunfight the, outside the front of my house?
Nathaniel Horcock: I try my best to stop it.
Dave (GM): What
Nathaniel Horcock: what
Dave (GM): was what's the story? Why was why are you why are you fighting these men?
Nathaniel Horcock: Would it be not best to say sometimes the I tried the the pest for the past sorry. Past. The past to remain dead as they are dead.
Dave (GM): So this was something from your history? Mhmm. Something you you don't wanna talk about?
Nathaniel Horcock: No.
Dave (GM): Something to do with the civil war, I assume, saying Yes. They were calling you captain Hawcock.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Something I wish no longer to to to remember. I try my best not to remember. We've all made mistakes.
Dave (GM): If I could just invite you to try
Nathaniel Horcock: and not shoot people in the shushree.
Dave (GM): Keep your keep your personal vendetta's problems
Nathaniel Horcock: I have tried.
Dave (GM): History out of the out of the town in future. I did try. Pretty much obliged.
Nathaniel Horcock: They drew first.
Dave (GM): Well, I will I will leave you to your whiskey and bacon in peace.
Nathaniel Horcock: Thank you.
Dave (GM): This is obviously the talk of the town Mhmm. For a for a few days. You start to recover, Matthew. I think your recovery time is 3 to 6 days in total. That's gonna be, 9 12 couple of weeks, and you'll be you'll be right as rain. The the guys from the posse, they they stay just at so, like, 24
Marion Freeman: hours.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): And then they ride out down to the south. Don't know if you wanna do anything with them, but if not, they they leave town
Nathaniel Horcock: Strangely, no. I don't really want it.
Dave (GM): Without causing any trouble? Right. Okay. A couple of weeks later, you find yourselves kind of back to
Nathaniel Horcock: back to
Dave (GM): normal, as we
Marion Freeman: were light duties back on the ranch. You fuckers can do a bit of work for a change.
Nathaniel Horcock: I was doing a lot of work, and you got all the fucking around.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So it's back to normal. Yeah. Exactly. I have such a good kind of relationship amongst the.
Marion Freeman: Bloody hell. How many more bloody Metropolitan friends do you got?
Dave (GM): Addressed to mister Halston and mister Freeman.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, it's you 2. It's that's got a car you accidentally shot into SilverTown, is it?
Dave (GM): Dear, mister Halston and mister Freeman. This is from, some good AJ Stroud, attorney law in Roswell, New Mexico. My employer, mister Chisholm, would like to thank you for your concern and interest in matters pertaining to Spanish land rights along the Southern Rio Grande Valley and your kindnesses and assistance to his associates, mister Picker. He finds you worthy gentlemen of good moral, fiber, and spirit. Good, judge accountant. Considering, the irregularities You actually don't don't understand irony. Well, the employer has sought a delay to the allocation of the Spanish land rights, and New Mexico attorney Thomas Caitrin has kindly agreed to postponing the decision until the spring of next year. Notice to this effect will be posted in all settlements in the region and all major towns in New Mexico. New applications for land rights will be invited. As to your agreement to act on my employer's behalf, he considers you as trustworthy witnesses to any developments in the Southern Rio Grande Valley and will pay you each to retain of $25 per month. Yes. To act as his eyes and ears. In addition, as his agents of interest in Granada Springs, all inquiries read the Spanish land rights will be directed to you to receive on attorney Ketron's behalf as he reconsiders the allocations. It goes without saying that your position as my employer's agents in the region should not discourage you from making any application for lands under the Spanish rights that you deem appropriate.
Marion Freeman: I believe Yours, in all sincerity Don't need it. Us a redo.
Nathaniel Horcock: You mean apply for space?
Marion Freeman: Yeah. That feels to me a hotdog. Yeah. To Spanish language. Spanish. Just because you're working for me doesn't mean you're not allowed to apply this.
Dave (GM): You don't have to apply the the learn rights at all. You don't want to. You oh, yeah. A day or 2 after that, you you you learn or you you realize that the notices McGinn's good mood has ended He's not smuggling anymore. In volcanic proportions, particularly when the notices are directing any inquiries to you 2.
Marion Freeman: You're also Oh, cool. Hold on. So so the solicitor chap here, he's actually taking He he'll be the one that they'll finally get sent to. What's what's our role in terms of inquiries?
Dave (GM): I think our role is just to to take the inquiries and pass them on. Not to him, but to, the attorney New Mexico attorney. New Mexico attorney Caitrin.
Marion Freeman: Oh, state attorney.
Dave (GM): New Mexico attorney. Thomas Caitrin. Thomas Caitrin.
Marion Freeman: Gotcha.
Dave (GM): Who is the man who decides on the allocations? Couple of days later, when you're next in town you get shot. You also find this posted up. Who's that? Request for information in the matter of the disappearance of mister Michael Kerman of Albuquerque. The office of the marshal of New Mexico Territory is seeking information on the whereabouts and condition of mister Michael Kerman, Michael Kerman, surveyor and resident of Albuquerque. All information provided to marshal Brandon Willis, Bernalillo County, Albuquerque rewards offer.
Nathaniel Horcock: Was that the the the, guy who's doing all your legal work when you're in Silver City?
Dave (GM): No. He was Coney Picker's partner. Ah. Donal McGinn claims Donal McGinn's not gonna be terribly happy on this one. No. What what Oh,
Marion Freeman: I'm not gonna be terribly happy on this
Nathaniel Horcock: one. No. Well, what a shame, mate.
Marion Freeman: We have no evidence of no ending your atmosphere, do we?
Dave (GM): Only from knowing of the letter that he sent to Yeah. Chisholm saying I've dealt with your man. He was being disloyal. And food for thought for next time, gentlemen.
Marion Freeman: So the first thing I want to do, assuming I'm well, maybe even when I'm convalescing. Yep. Maybe I'll take the wagon as opposed to where I'm forced to missus. Yep. Say,
Dave (GM): She is. She's less satisfied with the delay, but the fact that it seems Domino's move to try and kind of corner the market has been cut off. She is she is content with that for sure. And there's still the news on None whatsoever. Dimas and Vicente have apparently disappeared off the face of the earth. Can't find them. They've kind of given up searching for now.
Marion Freeman: I pray that they are alive in the car.
Dave (GM): So do I.
Marion Freeman: And also, I just want to say that given that, we have been put in some sort of government, we will do this as fairly as we can and for the benefit of the community as a whole. Oh, I know.
Dave (GM): That's a city. I hope not. Right. We're not making the decision.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. We're not making the decision, but it's not, you know, we're
Dave (GM): So it's not big up overly, level of influence in how the decisions will be made.
Marion Freeman: Yes, sir. But I kinda think that's a 2 ways. You know, I'm saying we can't do you any favors.
Dave (GM): And whilst you're feathering your own nest, I assume.
Marion Freeman: No. For the community as a whole. Fairly, I said. I mean this, honestly.
Dave (GM): Fairly for mister McGinn as well considering his history and record?
Nathaniel Horcock: No. I won't. I thought I'd shoot him, but I'm not allowed to say that.
Marion Freeman: Mister McGinn's application, I think, will be judged upon its merits, but his reputation may be taken into consideration. It's not up to me, exempt decision making. Ordering is collecting letters. What I'm saying is I would deliver mister McGinn's claim as well as I deliver yours and whoever. Interesting. Don't please don't ask me to do anything other than that. We're all under God.
Dave (GM): Okay. I will see I will see if I can can hold for that request.
Marion Freeman: And I'll say something similar to, breaking
Dave (GM): noise with Raymond. Everybody's at the same place.
Nathaniel Horcock: So That's
Dave (GM): so bothered.
Nathaniel Horcock: Lower it.
Dave (GM): He's not. He's digging. Got
Nathaniel Horcock: it. Okay.
Dave (GM): He's, he's got mining interests.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay.
Dave (GM): He's less interested in the land guards. He just doesn't want them all going to Domo McGinn. Yeah. Not making McGinn too powerful. Calm down here. Cool. There we go. Mhmm.
Marion Freeman: Let's Cool. That was second. I like that very bad. Well, I
Nathaniel Horcock: wanna tell you you were acting when you found our next confederate.
Marion Freeman: Well, how did I react? Did I react react accordingly?
Dave (GM): Yeah. Yeah. That was a nice little little wrinkle because I kind of totally forgotten, obviously, that you are an advanced player today. Although, I did know that. The the obvious reaction
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): That you would have to this kind of passing you by until you did it. I thought, oh, that's great. It looks like I really planned it.
Nathaniel Horcock: Did you
Dave (GM): want to do experience?
Marion Freeman: Mhmm. Oh, yes.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. That's crazy. Yes.
Dave (GM): Now I don't have you got the questions there, Tim? Well, I've got a question to have a very old version of this.
Nathaniel Horcock: Then you said something about wealth roles in the heel hole.
Marion Freeman: Is it antecedent roles? I mean, it might be given
Dave (GM): It probably is, actually. Yeah. Actually, yes. Let's do those as well. Should we do those first? Yeah. Then we've got a little bit of time. Yeah. Because when you were saying, oh, you know, not do your not do your story, I knew full well that that wasn't the story.
Marion Freeman: There was the story. If we if we'd all been white boys and we just went off to get
Dave (GM): Get the money.
Marion Freeman: Blokey boy's money, were they actually just came blokey boy so they could sacrifice him to the,
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. I advised to ask him, but I thought in the end, it was all just a stitch up. Passing the buck saying, oh, it was all the superior officers. It's all their fault.
Dave (GM): So there was definitely an element of of wanting to be in a position to be able to offer the posse something
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): To bargain with their lives, because they'd effectively been chased halfway across the country by this posse. And it was pure luck that they heard your name.
Nathaniel Horcock: Right.
Dave (GM): And it was good because they were kinda coming in this direction. And they thought, if they could get you on board to help
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): Then they could fight the posse. But if all else failed, they could offer you and the colonel to the posse as the big wigs Mhmm. The big prizes that they wanna capture and kill.
Marion Freeman: So do we think that there wasn't really a pay chest full of Confederate coins?
Nathaniel Horcock: No. Not now. Because
Marion Freeman: you could you could surely make a movie about that.
Nathaniel Horcock: You could. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: It could all be hidden in a coffin or something.
Dave (GM): So I think I think they probably they they were
Marion Freeman: probably working on rumors at
Dave (GM): the time that that the colonel had run off with the money, but that was 10 years ago. Mhmm. So the chances of him still having any of the money Left. Were really quite
Nathaniel Horcock: slim.
Dave (GM): And, you know, he might have been living in some kind of wealthy state. If you zip 5
Marion Freeman: for a challenge,
Dave (GM): 4 for a basic level, 6 for upper level, for an advanced level. Okay. I must've So you went for. So you
Nathaniel Horcock: could've found him Mhmm.
Dave (GM): But it wouldn't be like No.
Nathaniel Horcock: We're rich.
Dave (GM): Just give us a big a big pot of money you still because he'll have spent that on property and
Nathaniel Horcock: Of course. He would love to. Of it.
Dave (GM): So it would have been slightly different.
Nathaniel Horcock: But then
Dave (GM): the number one requirement of my deal was to be able to bargain their lives.
Nathaniel Horcock: Escape types. Yeah. Alright.
Marion Freeman: Which we do first? Experience or
Dave (GM): let's do the turn of the seasons first. Okay. So we start with the seasoned business roll. Dicks. What do you got? You'll be dealing to get all my nerves, doogie dogs.
Marion Freeman: Andy should take that, given that he's been doing nice for work.
Nathaniel Horcock: I
Dave (GM): mean, you were only away for, like, 2 weeks, but I've got a problem with Andy making the roll.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. Actually, we like
Marion Freeman: to do the marketing as well. So
Dave (GM): Yeah. Because you get so you get plus 1 to your plus 1 dice because of your trip selling them selling the herd. So so have you got your business there? Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Just what's the name still remembering about our deal with the horses, or is that all being forgotten about?
Dave (GM): What's that? Sorry. I think
Marion Freeman: do we not settle that deal?
Nathaniel Horcock: I don't know. I mean, if it likes something the deal with the horses when she gave us the blood.
Dave (GM): Giving her the best stallion. For keto.
Marion Freeman: Mhmm. Keto. Yeah.
Dave (GM): I don't remember. I forgot all about that. No worries. She's loan. Yeah. Did she loan you money then?
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. No.
Dave (GM): No. Yeah. As I said, we're paying it back. I don't remember it, so, yeah, it's quits. Whatever it is, that's fine. Okay. So, it's an animal handling role. So the person with the best animal handling out
Nathaniel Horcock: of the 3 of you,
Marion Freeman: does it?
Dave (GM): Okay. What we got? It says plus 2 on antecedent roll in autumn for Albuquerque market. Okay. I'll put plus 1 down on mine.
Nathaniel Horcock: I've got 8.
Marion Freeman: He made a note, so so I trust him.
Dave (GM): Well, I don't I didn't make that now. That's not why.
Nathaniel Horcock: Do you want me
Dave (GM): to The only one hand
Marion Freeman: I make is 5. Isn't that yours?
Nathaniel Horcock: 8. Oh. Well, I was a confederate. It's have a run. I was a Confederate carryman better than a fucking Yankee carryman.
Dave (GM): You've just got over this, mate. Come on.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. I have.
Dave (GM): Okay. So,
Marion Freeman: now we're just gonna hear endless stories about what I do.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. We've fucking won.
Dave (GM): Back in the shower. When are we? When I was in the No.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. You're asking more. You can shoot me.
Dave (GM): Okay. So, Andy, you get 8 dice for yourselves. You can have a dice of help from Tony and Matt. Yep. And you've got employees, so you get plus 1 for having employees.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay.
Dave (GM): So that's plus 3 dice of help. What's the competition modifier? Plus 1, it says here. K. So you're getting another dice.
Nathaniel Horcock: So I've got 8 dice to begin with.
Dave (GM): Yep. Yeah. Plus 3.
Nathaniel Horcock: Plustery. Bloody hell. Okay. That's 1.
Dave (GM): 12. Plus another one. So you should have 12.
Nathaniel Horcock: 12. Yeah. Okay.
Dave (GM): Okay. What is the town's law? No. No. Law is
Marion Freeman: I was judging by the people who keep getting shot. It's got
Dave (GM): Might be perfect. Law level, is it rank 2? Is that the rank 2? Yep. It's rank 2. So that's minus 1.
Nathaniel Horcock: Minus 1. That's It
Dave (GM): lose a dice. Mhmm. And then the aspect is farming. What's the town's farming aspect too? K. There's another dice.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay.
Dave (GM): So you get to roll that
Nathaniel Horcock: 10 dice.
Dave (GM): Dice. Alright. Okay. Did we have to modify our thumbs? No. And then Add 2. So I add 1 because I moved it down as plus 1. No. Okay. Now I'm ready.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'll roll these 10 these 10 first.
Dave (GM): You have 11 dice in total.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright. Roll 10 first. Oh, for facts oh, no. Well, actually, 1. That's 3. 3. Three dice.
Marion Freeman: Three successes there.
Nathaniel Horcock: Six successes. Yep. And then one more. Three successes.
Dave (GM): Okay. So your first success means that the business is steady, seasonal expenses are assumed to have been paid, and you and your employees draw your wages. Yay. So you gain the default salary, which is 86. $86. Is this a week? It's just the end of summer now, obviously. This is now end of autumn. Okay. You're all getting $86 Oh. To add to your cash total. But you've got 2 successes.
Nathaniel Horcock: A 194.
Dave (GM): So that gives you a roll Three successes. 2 more of them. I I I remember that. Which gives you a roll on the business bonus table with plus 1 to your tens die. So one of those successes gives you the roll. Mhmm. The second extra success gives you plus 1 to your tens dice.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright. Okay.
Dave (GM): So roll d 66 and m one to your tens. Alright. Again, the higher the better.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, the better. Alright. Okay. So we'll see red is high for our tens, I mean. Oh. Is that do you want me to roll that again? Because that'll be 6 on the
Dave (GM): right side. That's fine. So definitely a 5. That's 63. 63. 63. What a season. Gain 2 bonus points of capital that must be immediately liquidated. The profits are shared by the shareholders as a dividend. So roll 2 d 6.
Nathaniel Horcock: Good goal. Right?
Dave (GM): Get high. Get high again. 34. No. Adam's 7. They're also 77. 7. So 7 times 50 is 350.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright.
Dave (GM): So that's the number of bonus dollars. Divided by 4. That's basically the bonus dividend you get Alright.
Nathaniel Horcock: It's better.
Dave (GM): To be divided amongst the shareholders as you see fit.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright. Why 4? 1 or 3?
Marion Freeman: Oh, because
Nathaniel Horcock: Because you got 2.
Marion Freeman: Because I've got the majority.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, okay.
Dave (GM): So you got 2 capital in it. Yeah. And you got 1 each,
Nathaniel Horcock: 1 each, 1 next year.
Dave (GM): That's 87.50 per
Nathaniel Horcock: 87. Number 4.
Marion Freeman: Right. So I take a 160. Let's say that, and you guys can have what's
Dave (GM): left. So I guess 95 each.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay.
Dave (GM): And then we just take that as cash then.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yep. 479. Oh, bloody hell, Rich.
Dave (GM): Yeah. That was a good year. So you obviously did well.
Nathaniel Horcock: Maybe I should spend more time at the ranch instead of shooting people.
Dave (GM): Okay. Now what amenities for the town were chosen at the beginning of the previous season? And you can apply them to the town. Okay. So having said this is awesome, I've got nothing written down for autumn. The last thing I've got right now is somewhere where we did public latrines. Okay. No. Fine. So we're moving we're moving into autumn. Into autumn, isn't it? Which is gonna be October, November, December, I believe. Yeah. We did public latrines. Okay. And now Public latrines. So, okay, civilized place don't have people missing just anywhere. So the townspeople get together to set up a public facility and make the town a nicer place for all. Public latrines gives you a bonus of half the civic and one to welfare. So does it that gets over now? Yep. So half the civic. Yep. So is that like That's exactly right. And then 1 to 12 there.
Marion Freeman: Yep. K.
Dave (GM): Okay. I'm gonna give you, and even though you did end up having another fight in the town square, I'm gonna give you I think I'll give you 2 settlement points because you have tried to keep the truck on the ground.
Nathaniel Horcock: I did try. Yes. Yeah.
Dave (GM): So that will give you a settlement of 5, which you can then spend. So now you can choose a new amenity for the town, and you can then spend those 5 points if you wanted to on another new amenity. Alright. And the amenities are all in here.
Nathaniel Horcock: This make you laugh. I'll apply to be sheriff's.
Dave (GM): Sheriff's office. You could. So yeah. So some of these amenities have a minimum civic level. Mhmm. Your civic level is 22. Yeah. So you could you could get a sheriff's office. That'll give you a bonus of one to law and half to welfare.
Marion Freeman: I quite like the sheriff's office because I quite fancy just sitting in the sheriff's office and pretending to be sheriff. But my sort of narrative clue from this adventure was church. Charleston's church ministers.
Dave (GM): So a church is likely to be civic, I think. Or maybe it's gonna be. K. Come on a welfare. So church. Okay. It is special. The amenities church and newspaper do not give bonuses bonus steps to the town, but each instead give the settlement 1 bonus settlement point per season. So you can use one of your choices to build a church. This this sin How much
Marion Freeman: does it cost us?
Dave (GM): It doesn't cost anything.
Nathaniel Horcock: Since I feel obliged, it's been a business. I think, yeah, church.
Dave (GM): But you've got 2 choices. You've got 5 settlement. So you would always get one choice. But if you are working particularly hard to make the town a better place, you earn settlement points, which are like experience points. You can then spend those additionally on top of the one you get to buy more amenities.
Marion Freeman: Right. So And
Dave (GM): you've got enough. You've got a church. You've got 5 settlement points, so you can buy another one by spending those points.
Marion Freeman: How much how much does a sheriff's office cost us?
Dave (GM): It'll be 5 settlement points. They're all just 5.
Marion Freeman: Oh, right. So they're like experience points.
Dave (GM): Yep. So we're gonna have a church and a sheriff's office. So you could have a church and a sheriff's office. Cool. Yes.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Go on.
Dave (GM): K. Yep. And so that means once you've got the church up and running, that will give you one bonus settlement point every season.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright.
Dave (GM): So basically you improve your town faster as a result of having a church.
Nathaniel Horcock: Pray more. So shoot shoot for less, pray more.
Marion Freeman: Talking of every season, your man, blokey boy, after the 2 of us, 25 per month.
Dave (GM): You did?
Marion Freeman: Should that be a first question, should that be a season as opposed to a month just to make it simple?
Dave (GM): Well, I I said 25 a month for narrative reasons. Yeah. Just because it makes it. But you'll get that $75 per season.
Marion Freeman: $75. Do we get this season that's just gone? Next season? Yeah. Okay.
Dave (GM): But drop that down on your card sheet. You'll get that from next time. Until then, of course, you're no longer in Chisholm's employ. Which actually is pretty generous. Mhmm. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: And he was worried that we were we were selling ourselves For $25 a month.
Dave (GM): You'd sell your grandmother to the devil, wouldn't you? Okay. Cool. So you put down, church and sheriff's office. Yeah. Well done. Okay. What's next? So do I have we spent these several points? Yes. You spent that? Okay. Now, you need to decide what your lifestyle is going to be for the next season. Now we had a bit of a chat about this, because the the seasonal cost using capital really didn't work.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Marion Freeman: Well, I have a bigger chapter now, which is bigger. Should we just scrap capital?
Dave (GM): Well, I was kind of thinking exactly that. Although in some way it works quite nicely in the business approach. Buzz,
Marion Freeman: let's not have this discussion now, but I have an idea which we can talk about. Alright.
Dave (GM): Okay. For now we'll run this as it is then anyway. So you can choose you won't have enough capital anyway for capital to be an issue for you guys. But you choose what level of lifestyle you want to be paying for. So it starts at destitute, cost you nothing, but you're living on the street. So that's not gonna work for you guys. Very poor will cost you $50 for the season. You get minus 1 to your reputation, and it's pretty threadbare. You're, like, almost like tramps. Scraping by, which is a bit better, but not you're not really showing any kind of style. Managing. You're doing okay if not well. You have enough to eat in your clothes if a little thread pair are of sufficient quality to keep you warm, cool, and dry. Comfortable at $200 for for the month. You've got good clothes, decent food, and you never have Comfortable
Marion Freeman: as a month or season?
Dave (GM): A season. Sorry. Yeah. Yep. My bad. And then you're well off, which is $350 a season. Your lifestyle is optimal compared to everybody else in town. You wear the best quality clothes, you buy the best food from the stores, You're placed in the best saloon, and you have your place placed in the best saloon in town. So you need to decide what you want
Marion Freeman: to do. Obviously, not popular because I'm a modest fellow.
Dave (GM): And then you've got rich, which is $500 a month Yeah. A season.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, it's a 200 a month a season.
Dave (GM): So that's comfortable. You've good clothes, decent food, and you never run out of firewood. Your home is nicely appointed, and the good people nod hello to you in the street. And that's
Marion Freeman: $200 a season? A season. Yeah. What's happening with $13 a season?
Dave (GM): That's managing. You're doing okay, if not well. You have enough to eat in your clothes if a little threadbare or of sufficient quality to keep you warm, cool, and dry.
Marion Freeman: So our salary, essentially well, not yours. But our salary, 86 quid from the farm, 75, 75 in future from Chisholm. That covers managing. Make us manage. Yeah. And we've got we can spend the money on it this time because we're as rich as fucking creases.
Dave (GM): But I think so. I'm going I'm going for managing.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. What's that? A $150?
Dave (GM): A $150. Yeah. So so Andy yeah. And Andy doesn't get the 75 No.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. No. Yeah. I still manage. I've got
Dave (GM): Chisholmwood. Oh, whatever. No worries. This could be Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Depends how it goes.
Marion Freeman: Doubt you. I think I think. But but Andy can apply for a Spanish loan grant. Obviously, not gonna show any favoritism. What is let's say, 410 minus
Dave (GM): 200. 1
Nathaniel Horcock: it was 150.
Dave (GM): Was it 150? Yeah. 150? Okay. Yeah. 150. Yeah. You're right. That gives you no fame bonus or reputation modifier.
Marion Freeman: 260.
Dave (GM): Okay. Right. Now we have personal fortunes. No problem. You each get a role on the personal fortune table. To choose the event role d 66 and consult following table. If the players live in a town with welfare aspect of 1, or choose to live in a while, which you have plus 2. If the welfare aspect is 2 Yep. Add plus 1 to your 10 to die.
Marion Freeman: What's our welfare aspect?
Dave (GM): 2. Plus So, basically, it's not very nice really to where you're living. So roll d 66 and add a bond. The worst
Marion Freeman: the higher those are, the worst. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, god. Okay. 4 broad green.
Marion Freeman: Orange. Okay. Blueberry first. Orange. 46. 46. That works nicely. Plus 1.
Dave (GM): So it's 23. 23. 21. K. Okay. Matthew, love blossoms. Okay. Someone has expressed their love for you. It might be an old flame of someone new. It might be welcome or a big pain in the ass, but nonetheless, this person seems to love
Nathaniel Horcock: you. 46.
Dave (GM): Oh, cool. If you got any ideas as to who or what
Marion Freeman: Let me have a bit of a think about that.
Dave (GM): Yep. Tony, what did you get? 21? 21. Hardworking. You're hardworking, whatever it is you do with your time and you hardworker, whatever it is you do with your time, people have noticed. You get respectful knowledge in the street.
Marion Freeman: That's it. I I get a lady friend or a gentleman friend because
Nathaniel Horcock: 46, mate. 46.
Dave (GM): Okay. This is interesting. What should And
Marion Freeman: this is this is very all friends can.
Dave (GM): This is very this is very apt. Absolutely. Argumentative. You have let your temper get the better of you one time too often. Maybe you're angry with someone or stressed about something, and you've taken it out on others. So I think this fits brilliantly in that people have never seen you cold bloodedly murder people in the street twice.
Nathaniel Horcock: We've got calls.
Dave (GM): It's all in a good call.
Nathaniel Horcock: Maybe it's all in a good call. I see what I mean, Eric. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Okay. That's quite I quite like that.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Oops. Okay. Not to self stop murdering people on the street.
Dave (GM): Doctors after. Cool. And now we have the town fortune roll. What's happening with the town?
Marion Freeman: I'm just out of the law. I'm just saying this. I could fall in love with
Dave (GM): Tony's mom. If you want to. Yeah. And then
Marion Freeman: I'll be his dad.
Nathaniel Horcock: Go on. Go on. Stepdad. Stepdad.
Dave (GM): His 3rd dad. It'd be his 3rd father.
Nathaniel Horcock: Who's the
Dave (GM): oldest dad? 4th if his
Nathaniel Horcock: Who's the oldest of you 2 then?
Marion Freeman: Well, we're both young, and
Dave (GM): I think you probably are older. A little bit older.
Nathaniel Horcock: That would be funny. She talks to.
Dave (GM): I don't think Yeah. That was an older woman.
Marion Freeman: I I think I think, I think we'll invent. I can't think of anybody particularly among the town personalities that I've spoken to you again already. And the woman that barred me from the hotel.
Dave (GM): Maybe it's Something So so this maybe young mister Quinn. So this is your daughter, is this? Yeah. So this is someone who loves express their love for you. Yeah. So and this might be welcome or it might be a pain in the ass. Yeah. So I'm wondering it might be.
Nathaniel Horcock: Tony's mom.
Dave (GM): Grainne McGryn McGinn. Grainne being the daughter? Being the daughter who's married to the guy who's currently dying of typhoid.
Nathaniel Horcock: Right. Alright. This is something I'm missing.
Dave (GM): Her husband yeah. I said her husband wasn't at the festivities because he's laid up in bed being
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright.
Dave (GM): But he's not very well. He's old he's quite a bit older than she is. So it
Marion Freeman: could be.
Dave (GM): That would be interesting.
Marion Freeman: That would be getting
Dave (GM): married into the beginning.
Marion Freeman: And I've always been charming to have a man.
Dave (GM): Okay. Cool. I like that. Okay. Town fortune then. So we need your d 66 for the town. Good. What's the town's total prosperity? So, basically, you take all of these individual scores and add them up. Is it just the ranks? Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Yeah.
Dave (GM): So it's 2 so it's basically 2 for everything. Yeah. So that'll be 12 then. Yep. So it's gone up slightly. So you add plus 1 to the tens die to the town fortune roll. It's in the prosperity prosperity. Roll. He's opening the world. So, yeah, highest band. Is this Orange is tens.
Marion Freeman: 42. 42. Argumentative.
Dave (GM): An important official is coming. Rumor has it some big rig from this east is coming. Maybe Maybe the town should get busy and make itself look good for the visit.
Marion Freeman: Some bloody bigwig from the east coming to get our Spanish land grabs, the fucker.
Dave (GM): Could be. 42. Okay.
Marion Freeman: I'm loving this adventure generation.
Dave (GM): Yeah. It's great, isn't it? Yeah. That bloody result that brought the governor to Oh, okay. To Steven Rock. Yeah. So we had this this whole story.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. But Steven Rock is a suspect
Dave (GM): is. Yeah. We have fewer gunfights in the streets than Junarda Springs. That's true. That is true. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: You do all murdering them with
Dave (GM): back end. Yeah. Out in the hills. No. But the sake is so so we had this, and then Tony used that for the governor to visit, because my character has now got these appaloosas that we spent many scenarios with getting and killing quite a lot of innocent people for me to get them. He was coming to visit and see my horses, and then it turned into an assassination plot that there's another group who came to me to try to arrange a meeting with him because but we never get a chance to talk to him. And, you know, if you do this for us, we'll pay you a lot of money. And we ended up killing all of
Marion Freeman: them. But not in the street?
Dave (GM): No. No. That was on my ranch where they're now buried
Marion Freeman: quietly.
Dave (GM): Well, with with the dynamite wasn't good. The dynamite wasn't quite quiet. We basically
Marion Freeman: made rules to make sure the dynamite wasn't used,
Dave (GM): sir. Jasmine. Oh, it was quite an elaborate, setting up setting up with the location by planting the dynamite Mhmm. And having it ready to go and somebody hiding in the in the bushes Bushies.
Nathaniel Horcock: With the plumbing. Alright.
Dave (GM): And basically, setting up a picnic table for these guys to refresh themselves whilst they're waiting for the governor. And then and then we go with most of them survived, so we had to kill them all. But, yes. Anyway, it was a lot of fun.
Nathaniel Horcock: And I just shoot 1 person in the street, and then with it, it
Dave (GM): make him mad. But he didn't do it in front of everybody, So, you know, he did it. It's all great.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. They killed all witnesses.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, right. Okay. Yes.
Dave (GM): We note we did contemplate leaving while alive, but we
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. Note yourself. Burn the town down next time. Right? Okay.
Dave (GM): Okay. Have you got the questions there then, Tony? I have.
Marion Freeman: Oh, yes.
Dave (GM): So I was I have the old questions. Yes. Mhmm. But I think I'm not even sure where we've got the new questions. I do need
Nathaniel Horcock: to speak.
Dave (GM): XP. Experience.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, quick. Oh, Chris. No worries. Yeah. Sorry.
Dave (GM): Thanks very much. Okay. Did you participate? Get 1 XP. We're just putting Woah. Yeah. Andy, well done. That was a bit harsh. I'm sorry. That was a bit unfair. Oh, here's my click.
Marion Freeman: Well deserved.
Dave (GM): Okay. Did you risk or sacrifice something significant to realize your big dream?
Nathaniel Horcock: That's when we need to die.
Marion Freeman: What is my big dream? So I think Do the right thing.
Dave (GM): On the version? Later, I think some of these things wanna be slightly generalized.
Nathaniel Horcock: Uh-huh.
Dave (GM): So I think I
Marion Freeman: haven't got a big dream down here.
Dave (GM): My big dream is to make my brothers run for success. So I don't think anything we did today specifically. No? Okay. Helps towards that.
Nathaniel Horcock: What's your
Dave (GM): big dream, Andy?
Nathaniel Horcock: My big dream. Become sheriff. No.
Dave (GM): Well, we're getting a sheriff's office.
Marion Freeman: You can become a sheriff
Dave (GM): if you want.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah?
Dave (GM): You can try to. We're getting a sheriff's office at the end of the next season. Yeah. If we have a town that would agree to it, then I'm sure they'll. They know that you're good at killing people.
Nathaniel Horcock: In full blast, but, you
Dave (GM): know, making the hard decisions for the good
Marion Freeman: of them, good good of yourself. Is that where your big dream has become shared?
Nathaniel Horcock: For this snow, it'd be do you mean this is the big dream for this snow or the
Dave (GM): whole No. I can't.
Nathaniel Horcock: Know it's redemption. My big dream is redemption to redeem.
Marion Freeman: Oh, yeah. He did. Such a good job of that.
Dave (GM): I know. I think you can I think you've definitely tried? Mhmm.
Marion Freeman: No. I think you did make a sacrifice, actually. Yeah. You know, your your
Dave (GM): Risk or sacrifice. I mean, you definitely risked your life and theirs in doing this. So you Yes.
Marion Freeman: That's 3 experiments.
Dave (GM): But you definitely get a point for that. And I think we got shot and you didn't.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, I did. I did get shot.
Dave (GM): Oh, did you? Oh, yeah. Yeah. Okay.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. I did.
Dave (GM): Oh, yeah. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Got nicked.
Marion Freeman: So my gut dream is do the right thing. Oh, nicked.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'll stop you.
Dave (GM): Yeah. I think
Nathaniel Horcock: you just
Dave (GM): have a big shot.
Nathaniel Horcock: I think
Dave (GM): you can have a point, Matt, again, because you were, again, trying to do the right thing. And the you come with the idea for the scenario here was that you might have some loyalty towards these men, but realize they've done some terrible things. Mhmm. And obviously And
Marion Freeman: meanwhile, I just think they've done terrible things.
Dave (GM): They did. And there are killers coming to kill them who actually have a pretty good justified reason to take revenge. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: But I was when I mean, I wouldn't be
Dave (GM): If you're less you're less loyal to them than you might have been.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah.
Dave (GM): But it still turned out pretty well.
Marion Freeman: It's because I was giving you a hard stare at the whole tour.
Dave (GM): Alright. That's fair. Did you risk your life for the PC who was your partner? Well, I
Nathaniel Horcock: think ladies too should get to get a point.
Dave (GM): So, again, I think again, in general, I would like to generalize some of these. Yeah. I think I've done another list. I need to look it up. So I think, did you risk your life for the you know, I think you 2 definitely get it. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: I've been like, dude.
Marion Freeman: I'm telling you who my partner was, actually.
Dave (GM): Oh, I'm good. I'm pretty sure you've written it down.
Marion Freeman: But we did risk allies, sir, him.
Dave (GM): That's it.
Nathaniel Horcock: That's what I said. Yes. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Which is why you both go point. Did you perform another extraordinary action of some kind? Nothing extraordinary. And specifically, GameCube, I want XP for other actions as well. So how many XP have you all got so far?
Nathaniel Horcock: 3. 2. 3. I've got
Marion Freeman: I've had 3
Dave (GM): in this event too.
Marion Freeman: I had 2.
Dave (GM): My big dream. Alright.
Nathaniel Horcock: 3.
Dave (GM): I think I've got that.
Marion Freeman: Although
Dave (GM): no. I think I think I will give you a point for that, Tay, because you because you're doing trying to make your brother proud. And I think by backing him up in that situation, he's trying to make your brother proud. Okay. I'm gonna give you all another 2 XP as well on top Oh, wait. I have 4 already, so that gives me 9. Yep.
Nathaniel Horcock: Thanks. Cool. So, like, a part of my redemption then, let me try and be a better person, is that, actually, I will, part of that amusement, try and become a sheriff. Why not?
Dave (GM): Okay. So I'll I'll roll that into the next scenario.
Nathaniel Horcock: It's all trying, man. Just Jaywalking. That's it. I must have.
Marion Freeman: Anyway, on Black Knight.
Dave (GM): Thank you for listening, everybody.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Thank you.
Marion Freeman: Tales of the old west is brought to you by Effect. The music is old west game by Stu Venable, used with kind permission of the angry folk media empire.