Every 7 days Justin Jackson tries to build and launch a new product. This week he's working on a Wordpress plugin with Carl Alexander. They're hoping to ship it on Thursday; will they make it?
Everybody is in a unique place in life. Some of us have our health, some of us have more free time than others, some of us have more resources than others... that's just the way it is. The challenge is for each of to not compare ourselves to other people who are in a different situation. Instead, let's figure out: how can we make something tiny, and put it out into the world?
Adam Clark, from last week, talked about what he would do differently:
Pick something small you could launch in a week. That momentum of launching is really, really powerful.
Great quote from James Altucher:
"I try to improve myself 1% a day. It seems small, but over a year it makes a big difference."
- We're combining two different platforms: Gumroad which allows makers to sell digital goods. On the other side we have WordPress, which is a publishing platform.
- The plugin we're building allows you to sell the content you create on WordPress using Gumroad.
- Check it out at www.getproductify.com.
- We've been hustling hard and have the main functionality in place.
- We still have a lot of work to do on creating a great user experience, plus more work to do on our launch strategy.
Previous week's launches
- The Build & Launch podcast
- The Product Hunt Handbook
- Network Effects: a web app for notifying groups via SMS
- Irresistible Podcasting
- Productify: sell your WordPress content using Gumroad
- Carl Alexander
- Jim Gaffigan, Mr. Universe
- There are 110 reviews in iTunes! Leave your own review here.
- Sign up for the launch list for the WordPress plugin.
- Follow Justin on Twitter: @mijustin
- Follow Carl on Twitter: @twigpress
- Join the newsletter
Podcast hosting and stats provided by Simplecast.fm
What is Build & Launch?
A weekly podcast focused on shipping small projects.
Every week I'll take you on an adventure of launching a new project. You'll hear the launch stats, hurdles I had to overcome, and how you can learn from my mistakes.