In this episode, Benjamin and Matthew talk with Arne Blankerts from thePHP.cc about tuning PHP-FPM. We also talk about NGINX's different pool types, configuring PHP-FPM for high performance and loads more!
- What PHP-FPM is
- What differentiates PHP-FPM from Apache/mod_php?
- NGINX's different pool types (dynamic, static, and ondemand)
- How to configure PHP-FPM for high-performance and throughput
- Using multiple PHP-FPM pools in the same application?
- Plus loads more!
- Slides: Optimizing PHP-FPM for Production (PDF)
- Tideways blog: An Introduction to PHP-FPM Tuning
- Configuring PHP-FPM in PHP
- Thread Pools in NGINX Boost Performance 9x
- Apache2 and php fpm performance optimization — Step-by-step guide
What is The Undercover ElePHPant?
The Undercover ElePHPant is a podcast about scaling and optimizing your PHP applications. Each week, Benjamin Eberlei and Matthew Setter sit down with an expert from the PHP community to discuss a specific aspect of highly performant PHP applications.