In this episode, Benjamin and Matthew talk with Matthieu Napoli about Shared-nothing and Shared Everything Architectures. We also talk about how PHP is an excellent choice for Serverless and FaaS development — plus loads more! Matthieu shared a load of excellent advice that you can start using today in your PHP applications.
- What Shared-nothing and Shared Everything architectures are
- The advantages and disadvantages of both architecture types
- Why PHP is the language which is most suited to Serverless and FaaS (Function as a Service)
- A little of the right mindset for developing Serverless code in PHP
- Some of the challenges ahead for PHP
- Where PHP could go in the future with respect to Shared-Nothing architecture
- Plus loads load more!
- Bref (Build Serverless PHP Applications)
- Serverless PHP News
- Serverless PHP applications with Bref (YouTube)
- FaaS (Function as a Service)
What is The Undercover ElePHPant?
The Undercover ElePHPant is a podcast about scaling and optimizing your PHP applications. Each week, Benjamin Eberlei and Matthew Setter sit down with an expert from the PHP community to discuss a specific aspect of highly performant PHP applications.