While the olds weren’t looking, the youngs invented yet another art form on TikTok and its copycats. What's more, it will probably have mutated again by the time you get to the end of this episode.
Here are some of the things we mentioned in this episode:
- Elizabeth’s choose-your-own-adventure flowchart
- Lip-sync style
- One- or two-part cliffhanger
- One-shot or character pieces
- Longform or fully acted
- Callback to our fanfic episode
- Night is the show we watched at a drive-in performance (the bird poop on the windshield was our fault, not theirs)
- Sarah Z video on pick-me girls
- Origin of Love from Hedwig and the Angry Inch
- Callback to our astrology episode
- ABO (don’t Google it, says Jon)
- Time Princess and Project Makeover
Many thanks to our sponsors:
That's a Thing?! is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network — Locally grown. Community supported.
You can follow us in all the places, and most of them let you rate and review, too, which would be lovely.
Questions? Comments? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet at us: @thatsathingyeg.
Do you want a That’s a Thing?! button? Send us your address by Twitter DM or email and we will send you one.
Many thanks to Transistor for hosting our show. Our theme music is Ragtime Dance by Scott Joplin, from Free Music Archive.
What is That's a Thing?!?
A sometimes belated, already outdated guide to your teens, tweens and everything under 20. In each episode, Elizabeth, a teenager, explains a thing to Karen, her mother. And Karen tells Elizabeth how that thing relates to something she knows. Maybe.