What is Advent anyway? Alex Kim joins Henry to chat about the season of waiting, memory, our loss and discovery of tradition, teaching ritual as meaningful, a Christian conception of time, and opening ourselves up to hope. Transcript: https://hopeinsource.com/advent
- [01:06] A Season of Double Vision
- [03:47] Reenacting Our Memory
- [11:17] Being Cognizantly Ritualistic
- [15:33] Living as Portals
- [18:26] History as Both Cyclical and Linear
- [21:11] Meaning-"full" Ritual
- [25:44] Augustine Has Gone Before Us
- [30:25] For Whom Should We Open Up To?
- https://hopeinsource.com/liturgy (habits and open source)
- https://hopeinsource.com/city (cities and liturgy)
What is Hope in Source?
What are the parallels between faith and open source software? Join Nadia Eghbal and Henry Zhu for an off-the-cuff conversation between friends. Check out hopeinsource.com and nadiaeghbal.com/public-faith for the backstory