A dive into the mechanics of building and hosting your own blog.
- Ed's blog
- Episode #24: Should you write about what you’ve learnt?
- WordPress.org `!==` WordPress.com
- Perch, the "friendly" CMS
- Ed uses the Pelican SSG
- Tom uses the Eleventy SSG
- Markdown(.md), the ultimate style-agnostic markup language
- Netlify is awesome for static-site hosting
- dev.to is a lovely community for blogging if you don't want to create your own site
What is A Question of Code?
A newbie coder and a seasoned veteran discuss the questions that always come up when someone begins learning to code.
Ed is looking at getting a career in programming and has been learning to code for just over a year. During this time he’s been building up a stack of questions that keep coming up from other newbie coders. Luckily, he’s got someone he can ask for help: Tom. Tom’s a seasoned coder, having worked in the industry for a few years now and has all the answers Ed needs, or does he?