2020 is shaping up to be a pretty bad year all around but for today’s podcast guest, nothing can top how awful 2008 was for him and his family.
- His terrible 2008: the passing of his mom, losing his source of income, and a major car accident that left him with a life-threatening neck injury
- How this trifecta of a perfect storm helped him begin his social media marketing journey
- The genesis of his business and how he pieced everything together after a chance encounter that led to him securing his unique URL
- Leveraging a business’ unique story to strengthen brand differentiation
- The back and forth struggle of leveraging a brand’s story and focusing on client-centric communication (who you are VS who you serve and what you can do for them)
- The value of content marketing as a business development tool
- How he helps his clients uncover their most unique and defining differentiating factors
- Another near-death experience that cemented his belief that helping other people tell their story is his purpose
- Getting over the hurdle of just starting and how he helps his clients by leading them in with sample posts for content marketing
- The mindset shift he underwent to begin his journey as a course creator that now accounts for 40% of his total business
- Why he makes sure that his mastermind community builds confidence and belief in its participants
- Being ready to sell to a client that isn’t ready to buy VS being ready to help
- His view on relationship selling and what the next social media trends will be
- His personal mantra rooted in a single question he likes to ask himself
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.
What is Brand Design Masters Podcast?
The Brand Design Masters Podcast with Philip VanDusen is dedicated to helping you build the skills you need to design bullet-proof brands - for yourself, your business and for the clients and customers you serve.
In every episode, Philip, his co-hosts and interview guests will share inspiration, ideas, trends and techniques that will lift you to greater heights as a creative professional or entrepreneur - so you can build a successful creative practice, business and personal brand in the Creative Economy.