Springtime has a whole bunch of plans for speed reduction popping up through the frost. We talk about all the bad ones, and Troy's. Plus a couple downtown towers try to peek through; one rejected and the other still up for debate.
- Edmonton transit officials condemn video of person riding on back of moving bus: ‘It’s highly dangerous’
- City sets 2019 municipal taxes
- City council locks in 2019 property tax increase
- StartUp Edmonton gets money to recruit on local university campuses
- 2.6% property tax increase passed by Edmonton city council
- Elise Stolte: Lowering neighbourhood speed limits is worth a one-minute delay
- Councillors considering reducing default city speed limit to 40 km/h
- Councillor Knack to propose fixed design standards to make Edmonton neighbourhood roads slower
- Proposed 185-metre tower in front of Hotel Macdonald gets flak from residents at open house
What is Speaking Municipally?
Taproot Edmonton presents a weekly discussion on key stories in municipal politics. We pay attention to City Council so you don't have to! Join us as we delve into conversations about the context surrounding decisions made at City Hall.