In this episode Morgan and Sarah are back together. They talk about the importance of communication in distributed teams and introduce a number of tools and strategies to support better communication for people in different roles and across different kinds of distributed teams.
Resources and Materials Referenced in the Episode:
- Reflections From the Field: Chickadee Maternity Collaborative June 16th 2022
- Skill building for Teams: Huddles, February 17, 2022
Team Up Podcast:
- Distributed Team Huddles (Season 3, Episode 3)
Courses and Resources:
- Teamwork and communications Action Series. This free and interactive 15-week action series is focused on providing skills, tools and coaching improve teamwork and communication, hosted by the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council
- Communication Course for Health Care Professionals: Navigating Challenging Conversations across the system. This course is available to be tailored for groups of physicians, as well as interprofessional teams. The full course is 8 hours plus a coaching call, but may be modified for either 6- or 3.5-hour programs, UBC CPD.
- Team Based Care (TBC) on the Run, an open-access online module series designed to promote collaborative models of practice and support the development of team-based competencies, UBC Health
- TeamSTEPPS Fundamentals Course: Module 3 Communication (45 min. Module)
- Communication Style Assessment Tool BC Patient Safety & Quality Council
- Tips for Effective Communication (handout) Patient Voices Network
- A reflection on Daily huddles in BC primary care teams, a short article introducing the value of adapting the daily huddle to virutal platforms in blended virtual teams. https://bcmj.org/articles/reflection-daily-huddles-bc-primary-care-teams
Creators & Guests
What is Team Up! Team-based primary and community care in action?
A podcast that brings together primary care providers, healthcare planners, patients, innovators and others to talk about the changes that are happening in primary care in British Columbia.