JJ Walsh and everyone else in Hiroshima gets a free PCR test! Here's hoping this saliva-filled undertaking amounts to more than just spitting into the wind.
Ollie recommends our first ever Fukushima based river cruise, with some pretty interesting side effects.
Bobby recommends a Ramadan cruise that should make things WAYYYYY easier for all of our practicing Muslim listeners.
Topics discussed on this episode range from:
- What Ollie did to pay his respects for Prince Philip's Passing
- JJ's super prolific content production schedule, and how she manages time differences
- Ollie finally getting kicked out of Malaysia
- What happened with Malaysia's pandemic visa overstay amnesty program
- How EVERYONE on the show is undergoing testing
- Pro's and cons of PCR tests types
- Quarantine Food
- What JJ misses about not being able to travel
- New JBRC Merch
- JBRC reporting from @ahnpankaahnman and @kumayama100 on Hideki Matsuyama's Masters Win
- Hiroshima's prefecture wide TEST EVERYBODY plan, and JJ's experience with it
- Why Hiroshima is doing this... now?
- How every little ailment these days makes us wonder whether or not we've got the virus.
- JJ's Covid Article series, and how it might actually be more effective than Japan's messaging
- What stands to be gained from the testing initiative.
- How Hiroshima citizens are responding
- What the PCR test actually measures, and how it actually works from (SURPRISE SURPRISE) one of us who got infected
- The trend for people all across Japan to want to buy homes or make their homes as comfortable as possible
- JJ's own experience and the people she's talked to about reforming homes
- Property buying and second-hand home buying culture (or lack thereof) in Japan
- Opportunities to pick up a super cheap house
- The negative effect of corona-related mortgage defaulting on the property buying
- Corona-discrimination against people who want to take out a home alone
- The legality of the above?
- Why Bobby can't get his unemployment insurance AND a home loan
Get access to the extras by supporting the podcast for less than $1 an episode. Become a member at http://buymeacoffee.com.
Some are affiliate links because we're sell-outs
- We record remotely using Squadcast and the podcast is hosted on Transistor.
- Bobby uses the Samson Go Mic and Ollie uses the AT2005USB mic
What is Japan By River Cruise?
Stand-up comedians Bobby Judo and Ollie Horn purport to report on the Japanese river cruise industry each week.