With hacking, data security, and privacy as huge issues in the press, we discuss how we approach identity management on both products and across our teams.
- We've started a new podcast! Check out This Old App and subscribe!
- This Old App is more of a grab-bag of in-depth technical discussion, more details, more guests, less structure. (more fun?)
- Firebase has an authentication feature built-in for folks using the service
- The auth piece of an MVP product is something that should not be done half-assed
- Professional authentication/authorization is something every startup should take seriously, especially at the beginning
- Often auth systems are stuck in a bad place because nobody wants to make major changes to the user auth workflow
- When you're an admin on so many services, you have a higher level of responsibility to be secure-minded with all of your credentials
- This Old App
- Ask HN: What are folks using for identity management?
- Identity-as-a-Service in 2018: What's New?
- OAuth 2.0
- Firebase Authentication
- Amazon Cognito
What is CTO Think?
A pragmatic podcast about leadership, product dev, and tech decisions between two recovering Chief Technology Officers.