Max shares the story of how he went from founding OkCupid to creating Keybase, a Slack-like app that allows average internet users to have end-to-end encrypted conversations and file sharing.
Social media & website
- Website: keybase.io
- Twitter: @keybaseio, @maxtaco
- Keybase: @max
- After installing Keybase, you can request to join the team keybasefriends.
- Keybase Blog
- The post Keybase's New Key Model explains how you cryptographically link all of your devices so that you can use Keybase on all of your devices at the same time.
- The post Introducing Keybase Teams explains the user experience and underlying cryptography that powers the Keybase teams functionality.
- In Keybase is not softer than TOFU, Keybase explains what Trust on First Use means and how Keybase approaches this problem differently than any other app providing end-to-end encrypted communication.
- The Keybase documentation contains technical explanations of how Keybase is designed and architected.
- The Verge: Google, WhatsApp, and Apple slam GCHQ proposal to snoop on encrypted chats
What is The All Things Auth Podcast?
Every 2 weeks, Conor Gilsenan hosts a conversation with creators, researchers, founders, and advocates who are working to improve the usability of security and privacy technologies.
Guests share what they are currently working on, how they got to where they are today, who they are trying to help, and what keeps them motivated to overcome challenges along the way.
The goal is for the rest of us to learn from their experiences and go on to promote usable security and privacy within our own projects and organizations.