Trey: It's here. It's here.
Jude: And if you're here, you know why we're here to react to the Spider-Man no way Home trailer finally.
Trey: It's oh my God, man.
Jude: I'm so excited. I know. So I texted him. Uh, I got the text from you. I texted my brother Daniel. A discorded message. Discorded is that a word to frame now? Yeah, I just quoted the friend Daniel. Uh, you put it to the MCU general chat in the discord. I sent it to my friend, Sean and my friend, Ken texted me. Uh, it's a thing. I get it. It's uh, I'm watching this in class tomorrow.
Trey: I've already watched it. Uh,
Jude: this is the three for me, and this is part of my lesson plan tomorrow.
Trey: I'm very curious to figure out how it's going to be a part of your lesson plan. But before we get there, I do want to say, we're not gonna do the spoilers zone because obviously if you're downloading this, you know, we're going to be talking about it is going to be our first thoughts on the Spider-Man no way home trailer. So this is your only warning with no spoiler sounds so. If you haven't seen it get
Jude: out. Yeah. You know what link in the show notes?
Trey: Yes. Okay. So is it, can you share how this will be a part of your lesson plan real quick?
Jude: Oh, easy. Hey guys, I have a really big screen, the smart board, and I would like to watch it on that and I will take five minutes of your time to watch it. I know. Look. For as much as I have to sometimes watch them to make sure they're on topic, they can allow me five minutes off topic on like the second day on the first week of school. It's okay.
Trey: Oh, fantastic. All right. Well, we are keeping this brief because I think we're going to try and do a pretty quick turnaround. So dude, what are some of your first thoughts on this Spider-Man no way home.
Jude: Uh, okay. So first thought I, I, wow. They confirmed, I think a lot of rumors that was already out there that most of us thought were confirmed, but you know, we're trying to wait on, um, it feels like from this teaser that they're going to actually deal with the ramifications of the end of, uh, far from home, so that I'm really excited. And it was so much fun to see Dr. Strange again. Yeah. You I'm sorry, Steven,
Trey: the staff. Well, that's weird, but I think we'll allow it. Uh, no, that was one of the notes playing off what you said. That was one of my notes. Dr. Strange feels a little weird. Like he's always been haphazard with the rules. That was part of like his character arc in the first movie, but I found it very no pun intended, strange that he was willing to break the rules for Peter. When we've seen him evolve into a bit more of a stoic, disciplined, a magic user. And that Winky gives to Wong was a really, really funny, but. I'm going to put it on the record now. I, I don't think they'll go like a scroll route like they did in the last movie, but something about Steven strange feels off.
Jude: Yeah. I thought that wink was.
Trey: Yeah. It was like, it was his week to like,
Jude: yeah, I thought you said he winked to Wong. That's why
Trey: I may have mixed up my words. But as Warren was leaving, he went to, Peter's like, oh, we're totally going to mess with this. Well,
Jude: well, okay. So we're going to keep this to, uh, you know, as brief as possible for a Spider-Man trailer, but it is fair game. I think now with Loki and the destroying and the sacred timeline, are we dealing with the different streams?
Trey: Oh, that's a really good point because we also know in far from home J Jonah Jameson is the same J Jonah Jameson in the McGuire verse who's to say the multi-verse has an already split and it's not what strange and Peter did, but yeah, that's a really good catch dude.
Jude: Yeah. So, so the question is, and I think it's been officially announced, right? Sure. Uh, like I haven't looked it up myself yet. The new timeline since like Loki came out, like where does Loki take place within the timeline that no longer exists or I guess it's splintered, but, and so depending on where this takes place, this has taken place after leaving.
Trey: And we know for sure, because there's this soft, I'll put it out there. Cause I don't subscribe to it a hundred percent and I don't think there's a lot to it, but there's this soft theory that one division low-key sync up at a certain point with different alleys. And we know one division takes place before Spider-Man far from home and this one takes place right after, far from home. So with that loose timeline, Picture, I think you might be onto something. Yeah.
Jude: So that that'd be interesting because I did find it strange change that strange would be willing to do that smell. Yeah. You know, and. That Peter's talking would break his concentration to that point. So I, I do think that there's, that there's more to, to dive into here
Trey: and maybe I'm just snake bitten after how hard fury was on Peter, that I'm just going to be suspecting of anybody. Who's a quote unquote friend of Peter and his being very hard to them because there was a point in the trailer where Dr. Strange was like, your problem is you keep trying to do this. And the longer you do this, and it was like, man, he's really scolding Peter
Jude: on that. Yeah, no, I thought I thought the same things like you did the spell dude. Um, well, and, and what I find interesting is I'm curious to how close this storyline is going to follow Rami's, uh, SQL the one with doc Hawk. Yeah. And I know we see doc Hawk in the end, the trailer, but in terms of like the Mattingly. That whole, you know, there was the part where McGuire Spiderman kind of lost despite the ability and it was this whole like leaving Spiderman behind, but then accepting to be Spiderman kind of identity crisis. I'm wondering if they're doing that here. Yeah. And in an MCU kind of way, that's what it looks like. And that's what it feels like.
Trey: Yeah. I, you know, I can play off of that into one of my other little quick reaction notes. I love that at the heart of the reason that Peter wants to fix this is that line about it's more than just me. It's hurting other people. And so it's getting to this point where the identity of Spider-Man is weighing on him much, like it weighed on the McGuire Spiderman and that one. And I like you can draw a parallel. Between those two movies. But the other thing I liked about it is that we, again, we get that point where Dr. Strange has to come out about the problem being he's trying to live too lives. And he also is still trying to fix it while keeping MJ and Ned and at may in the know. So it's that classic Spider-Man trope of, he knows it needs to be fixed, but he's still trying to cling onto two worlds. And I. I don't know. I just like that seed of a narrative structure of we're going to have to get to the point where Peter has to make that hard choice.
Jude: Yeah. Yeah. You have to, you have to make a choice and. When you make that choice, there's things that come along with it and you have to follow that choice. Right? You can't make an exception for yourself, right? Like the choices you make, everybody, you know, you know where I'm going with this. So, but like, and so, but I mean, but that's, you're right. Like you're going to have to pick, you can't have it where either it's either and nobody knows, or everybody knows and he's, and he's kind of faced with that. You know, and, and I think it's good. Like, it's, I'm assuming this is the direction they're going. And he has to struggle between this of which life do you want? You know, you want what you want, where people don't know and you, or do you want kind of this Tony stark life, right? Where you're, you're always having to look over your shoulder and it's not a very quiet private life. Yeah.
Trey: Yeah, it feels classic Spider-Man storytelling and I'm sorry. And classic Spider-Man storytelling in a way only the MCU can do, because it's been built up for so long. It's just, it's fantastic. And I'm so. So you already mentioned, we have the confirmation that Alfred Molina has duck August back, which is really, really exciting. I straight up jumped up and almost slipped whenever I was watching the trailer. Cause I was so excited, but a soft, not a soft confirmation. I don't know why I said it that way. But another confirmation we got is Harry Oz. Norman Osborn is back as the green goblin, that iconic laugh and pumpkin grenade. Yeah, amazing.
Jude: Okay. Not just the iconic laugh in pumpkin grenade, but it was the Raimi pumpkin grenade, and that was real. And the foes laugh. It was. And that, okay. Two things, Hey, no three things. A, uh, the fact that they showed that lets me know, I will probably not watch the next trailer because the Sony's reputation of like showing. Um, B the rumors were out there about Willem Defoe coming back, you know, and that was one of the latest rumors. When I say latest in the sense of, like we heard about Jamie Fox and you heard about, um, Alfred Molina, then, you know, and, and you hear things. And I think Luke Willem Defoe was the last in the line of those. And then the last thing was Falcon and the winter soldier related, I didn't say this one to the other pods, but I want to say it. I heard somewhere that originally Willem Defoe was supposed to be who Sharon Carter was talking to on the phone at the end. Oh. And I'm, I'm really glad that that didn't happen. I mean, it would have been cool, but I, I think that that would have been too much of a room. Yeah. And I don't, I don't know if I'm a hundred percent right on this, but I'm just saying like, like I heard that was part of the original plan that got pooled, you know, like, oh, who's she talking to and stuff and that's, and that's what the dot that's what I think the original plan was. Um, I'm glad it didn't work out that way for a number, different reasons. Um, but that is more believable. I have a
Trey: report. Yeah. It's just too big of a mic drop moment to, to be an intac on one of the Disney plus series and not to discredit the series because they are doing great work. That's that's this, this is definitely recency bias. This is in the ballpark of portal scenes. Like this is the, the, the level of, I can't believe they're doing this. And if that would have been in tag, it just wouldn't hit the same.
Jude: No, no, no. Um, but yeah, like, so I, I. Yeah, I'm glad I saw it. Don't get me wrong. Like I, you know, but that does make me hesitate to want to see the next trailer.
Trey: You'll be a stronger man than I, if you can avoid it. Cause I know I can't avoid the next one
Jude: to, to try to, you know, my policy, the teaser and first trailer and be done and getting myself to that point was really different. Yeah.
Trey: So any, any final thoughts before putting a bow on this one? Like we said, it's a very quick reaction where you're doing the same night that it released and trying to turn it around as quickly. Um, so yeah. Any, any more final, quick thoughts?
Jude: Yeah. Um, my friend, Sean texted me this and, uh, and we both agree on this and this is, I hate to end on a negative, but this is going to be slight negative. I'll bring us back into a positive. Okay, cool. And which is. He well, a couple of things, a few, he wishes that Spiderman can be Spider-Man and I agree with them, meaning like get away from the orange spider suit and let's see more of the classic red and blue, right? Yeah. Cause the red and blue MCU suit was so awesome and we just didn't get to see much of it. And so we wish we could get there, but at the same time in his text, he admitted that CGI won. It's quite possible that he's not actually in the Ironman iron spider suit. Oh, 100%. Like, yeah. And he's completely in a different suit. Um, the, you know, in fact they did that, uh, I think in the far from home trailer. Yeah. You know, and so. And so, yeah, so in that sense, I don't, uh, and again, when I say a negative, a negative in the sense of, I just love the MCU blue and red suit, and I want it back, you know, so that's not a negative as much as just a personal thing. Uh, but I do agree with Sean, like, like that was, I guarantee there's no way that that's the suit that CGI, they're going to have something else.
Trey: Hey, look, we've got it on the record now. So whenever the movie releases, we know exactly that scene and we'll be able to see for sure.
Jude: Yep. What about you? Final thoughts?
Trey: You know, I mentioned this in the discord for as many rumors as we've had about who is, or isn't in this movie. It made me so happy to see that happy is in this movie. I love John Fabros inclusion into the Spider-Man films, because he was such a, not a centerpiece, but an anchor in the Ironman films. And it's like a part of that lineage lives on in this Spiderman movie. And so. I totally get what, what your friend was saying about how let Spiderman be Spiderman. And I've seen plenty of critiques about. This Spiderman being two iron man junior, like, so I can see where keeping that around may bump up against that. But I just, I love his occlusion as well as some of the, the, the ordinary friends, uh, Ned MJ, uh, may it seems like there's still going to be a focus on them in conjunction with the grandiose nature of the multi-verse.
Jude: Yeah. Yeah. And that's, and I completely agree. There's an element of, you know, let peaker, let peaker.
Trey: Amazing. What's funny. I made that exact same mistake on stream. There's a clip that goes along with that. I'll have to find it on my Twitch stuff. Oh my gosh. That's days
Jude: by the way. Okay. That's fine. Yeah, because I immediately just should have said that. I thought about that. You're right. Peter Barker. Awesome. Maybe get his own movie. Um, and so there's a part of me is like, oh man, there's Dr. Strange. Let's get Peter his own thing, but I love Dr. Shu. Me too. I'll do it. I'll deal with it. And don't under strange. It needs to be in everything. And at this point, like, you know, I mean, it's a connected universe. Isn't going to make sense that there's an overlap. Right. And if it's Dr. Strange, I'm in,
Trey: plus we've seen too two iterations of Spider-Man already told me, McGuire Andrew Garfield to varying degrees of success. I'll admit. It's I'm sure. I'm sure the MCU we'll see other iterations of Spiderman. This is the only chance we're going to have to have a super connected Spider-Man like this. Yeah. So I make her so right. I make peace with it that way. And so either we can get another Spider-Man reboot years from now, or we get what everybody speculates of the high school trilogy, the college trilogy and the adult trilogy of Spider-Man. And hopefully those will be more justice. Right. Oh yeah. Uh, by the way, I do want to go and say this cause, uh, we've we mentioned the Peter Parker thing. If I can find that clip, it'll be up on our social media. So make sure that you're following us there at MC you need to know on Twitter and Instagram. And if you want to share your thoughts on this trailer, you can reach us there as well. So, uh, this is not a normal episode, but if you look in the feed, you can see that we have our, what if episode two review. So, uh, you should totally check that out as well, if you'd like,
Jude: so, and I'm going to go and plug the discord real quick. Cause I guarantee you people in the discord will know exactly what Peter Parker is, and we'll probably be able to find that. Faster than tree.
Trey: Oh yeah. I'm gonna, I'm going to finish this and then get to see about posting this and then I'm going to bed. Peter Parker will have to wait until.
Jude: Yes, but I guarantee you, someone in the discord is probably already has it. So make sure you join that and hit the role design so you can have access to the oldest warmer channels.
Trey: All right. Well, thank you all for listening and thank you for doing this dude.
Jude: Thank you, Trey. Thank you, Kevin and Sony and everyone for the trailer. 1, 2, 3 C go, wait, what happened?
Trey: What happened? We didn't mess up. What did,
Jude: what was the intake? Cause I was missing anyways. Okay. Like, I've done this enough. And I was like, I couldn't work my computer, so I got it. I'm good.
Trey: Hey, look, this is an impromptu recording. There was no heads up for this. We didn't even expect this trailer to happen
Jude: today, right? Oh, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Check your texts.
Trey: Oh, that's right. You did call it. You were only off by a couple hours, but you called it
Jude: by what? 30 minutes? I said 8:30 PM. Central. I thought you said seven 30? No, I said 8:30 PM. Central time.
Trey: Oh, okay. Nevermind. I recant my, my dis you did well. Yeah.
Jude: Finally first called it.
Trey: Uh, we're not in the episode yet, but I also want to say called it with Alfred Molina.
Jude: Yeah.
Trey: Yeah. Okay. Maybe we do have an inter
Jude: Kevin foggy superfan.
Trey: This is basically him saying, go listen to MC you need to do. This is his belt 100%.
Jude: Oh, real. All right. In texting ended up being longer than the episode. Okay. All right, let's do
Trey: it then.