In this episode I talk to Philip Kiely, Head of Marketing at Gumroad, about how he made 20k in his first week selling an info product, why the creator economy is booming, and how you can launch your own product.
What we covered in this episode:
- Why Philip wrote 'Writing for Software Developers'
- How Philip made $20k in 24 hours with no pre-existing audience
- Should you do pre-sales if you're selling an info product?
- How Philip got his job at Gumroad
- Why there has been a boom in the creator economy
- Why choose Gumroad as your selling platform
- Where a new creator should start when selling a product
- Who made the most money on Gumroad in 2020
- Gumroad Stats 2020
‘I absolutely love being part of Weekend Club.’
‘Huge fan of Weekend Club and I love being part of it.’
‘Absolutely love this community.’
These are real testimonials for Weekend Club - the internet’s most helpful community for bootstrappers. If you’ve ever struggled meeting other solo founders and staying accountable, then this is for you.
We offer weekly Saturday deep working sessions with up to 30 bootstrappers, such as the founders of Simple Poll and VEED, an active Slack community and over 100 software discounts.
Go to weekendclub.co and enter a very limited promo code ‘Indie Bites’ for 50% off your first month.
What is Indie Bites?
Short, bite-sized conversations with indie hackers that have started small, profitable and bootstrapped businesses. You'll learn how they come up with ideas, what they do to validate, find those first customers and make a sustainable income.