Alvia: So when did you get interested in women?
Rem: I thought that when you're a woman, you'll ruin my life.
Des: Ouch! Why?
Alvia: That's what I thought of men before.
Rem: That's why my life is ruined now.
Alvia: You?
Des: I'm the one who will debunk the lie that if you started early, you'll get married early.
Alvia: But I went to a coed non-sectarian in high school. But weirdly, I came from an all-girls school, right? the first time someone attempted to court me was a coed girl. Legit.
Rem: In coed huh?
Alvia: But a girl. The DINKWAP Show Dual Income No kids with a podcast
Rem: Welcome to another episode of the DINKWAP Show. And we are your hosts. I'm Rem.
Alvia: I'm Alvia. And we have our only friend. Introduce yourself.
Des: Hi, I'm Des.
Rem: We only do self-introductions here.
Des: I'm the only friend.
Alvia: Everyone pulls their own weight here.
Des: You do your own intro.
Rem: There's no salaries. But we'll give you a token of appreciation.
Des: I'm excited. for the token of appreciation.
Rem: So today, why did we invite you here?
Alvia: We also don't know. We invited her yesterday.
Rem: And then she agreed.
Des: I was about to sleep.
Alvia: You're so easy to convince.
Des: Before I left for Japan,
Alvia: she said, "Anytime in January." I said, "Tomorrow?"
Des: Okay, G.
Alvia: That's what we want. For those who are wondering why she's always with us.
Rem: Why she's our only friend.
Alvia: She's so easy to invite.
Des: No dilly-dallying.
Alvia: Okay, G. "What food will I bring?"
Des: "Snacks? Game?" We're all full.
Rem: We already had two bottles of wine.
Alvia: We said we won't drink anymore to save our liver.
Rem: But...
Des: We said we'll record. We didn't plan on drinking, only snacks.
Alvia: You even brought donuts. Very wholesome.
Des: Yes, a donut.
Rem: But what we ate was good pairing for the wine.
Des: Our meal was the culprit. That you cooked.
Rem: Yes.
Alvia: Oh, my God, guys. Des doesn't eat much. But she ate four plates of pasta.
Des: I'm sure it was just three. Rem had four.
Rem: You ate four. I ate five.
Des: As long as you ate more than me. You ate five.
Rem: I said, "Whatever Des eats, I'll eat one more. I won't lose."
Alvia: Because I was the one who cooked, I ate one less.
Des: We're competitive.
Alvia: They're even pointing at each other. "You're plate is full."
Des: You ate four bread. I ate only one.
Alvia: No, five. The two gluttons are fighting.
Des: Bottom line, the reason for the two bottles of wine was because of dinner.
Alvia: What was the girl math? "Fish and dinner, so white wine." "Oh, we're out of white wine. One more."
Des: "Oh, okay. One more."
Alvia: Such an excuse. Anyway, Rem, what's our topic for today?
Rem: Nothing. That's our topic.
Des: Actually, our topic is what we ate for dinner.
Rem: Sorry, guys. If you expected more.
Alvia: This is so senseless.
Des: They just invited me to mess things up.
Alvia: It's okay.
Rem: Anyway. These past days, I was restless. Wow.
Alvia: There's a backstory. He didn't share this with us. We've been together for a while.
Des: And he lives with you.
Alvia: I'm always surprised.
Rem: Don't you feel it when I roll on our bed?
Alvia: I'm just sleeping. It's sleepy time.
Rem: You don't wake anymore.
Alvia: What were you thinking this past week?
Rem: How did you date? It's so unrelated.
Alvia: Why are you thinking about us?
Des: Why do you want to know?
Rem: We're still young. We have friends who are Gen Z. They're different.
Alvia: They're dating differently.
Rem: But I'm curious. I didn't date around.
Des: Wait. I'm going home.
Alvia: Someone's lying.
Des: I'm going home.
Alvia: Bye. Take care.
Rem: Since you're aunts now.
Alvia: Oh, my God. Show us your birth certificate.
Des: Excuse me.
Alvia: Date of birth.
Rem: Young people like me. We're curious. What was it? Back then.
Alvia: We're write each other on a post-it.
Des: We're writing a love letter. Pass the letter to your classmate.
Alvia: Wow, classmates. How old were you when you started? Sorry, mom.
Des: Sorry, mom. I'm sorry, mom.
Alvia: I graduated honor student.
Des: Excuse me, guys. I'm a top 2 graduate in high school. But I already exchange letters.
Alvia: Me too, it's even in folded in origami. Heart-shaped.
Des: It's folded.
Alvia: Okay.
Rem: Surprisingly, I also received those.
Des: Right?
Rem: I was so clueless then. I don't know.
Alvia: Let's get in order. So is our topic... We'll be talking about dating? Or is there a specific topic?
Rem: What's the difference now? Especially you.
Alvia: No one is dating here anymore.
Des: Single.
Alvia: She's single by the way.
Rem: Single.
Alvia: Not ready to mingle.
Des: I don't want to mingle. Single and don't want to mingle.
Alvia: We're forcing her to mingle.
Rem: Okay. We have a bet. Oh, it's their bet. If I joined in, the consequences are bad.
Alvia: There's a punishment. Anyway. Is our topic dating? Or what we talked about when we did a briefing.
Rem: We did a briefing? Why didn't you inform me?
Alvia: We talked about dating in our early 20s versus later in our 20s.
Rem: That's what I said.
Alvia: He even said, "I'm confused all week. I always think about this" Wow, it's like
Des: He's twisting and turning in bed because of it.
Rem: That's our episode. See you.
Des: See you in our next one.
Alvia: Okay. So, Rem and I, when did we start dating? I was in my mid-20s. He was in his late 20s. Do the math. He was already 30.
Rem: I was 18 then.
Alvia: You're such a liar.
Rem: You almost got jailed.
Des: So, we can say early 20s to early 30s.
Rem: When did you stop dating?
Des: Early 30s.
Alvia: Exactly 30.
Rem: It's not obvious.
Alvia: Oh, okay.
Des: Guys, there's a story to that.
Alvia: Wait for it. Where do we start?
Des: Let's start early 20s.
Alvia: Okay, let's do this. Oh, we're raising our hands. It's a Zoom meeting. So, my question is, when did you start dating? You go first. Rem, you go first. When did you start dating?
Des: Legit dating?
Alvia: Yes, dating.
Rem: I got interested in girls.
Des: Okay, let's start with that. Let's start there.
Alvia: There's a puppy love.
Des: Yes, let's start with that one.
Alvia: She has a puppy love. You go first.
Rem: I'm a devout Catholic.
Alvia: I'll show this to your mom. It's not true.
Rem: It's true.
Alvia: By the way, we all went to a Catholic school.
Des: I went to a Catholic grade school too.
Alvia: I went to a Catholic grade school.
Rem: When I was young,
Alvia: I'm already laughing.
Rem: It's true.
Alvia: I'll try not to laugh.
Rem: We established in previous episodes, that I have a weird way of thinking.
Alvia: It's true. So, when did you get interested in girls? Let's say.
Rem: I thought that girls are like a destroyer of life.
Alvia: Where did you hear that?
Des: Ouch!
Alvia: I thought the same of boys.
Rem: That's why my life is in ruins now, right?
Des: His life is in disarray.
Alvia: Bye!
Des: There's no next one.
Rem: But, of course, there's a time when you can't avoid...
Alvia: Who's your first crush?
Rem: I was too young then. But, for a more serious one...
Des: You want her to be
Rem: my girlfriend. I was already about to graduate.
Alvia: What? College?
Rem: Yes.
Alvia: I told you he should go first.
Rem: You have a lot to tell. I'll finish it quickly.
Alvia: That's why our sitting arrangement is like this.
Des: Actually, my story is as long as a novel. To think I'm single now.
Rem: She got tired of it.
Alvia: So, you were already graduating from college.
Rem: Yes.
Des: She's your girlfriend in college?
Alvia: They were just doing playing DOTA in college.
Rem: I wasn't thinking about these things yet. But I fell in love.
Alvia: He's about to graduate. He's engineering, so that's his fifth year.
Des: What did I do in my life?
Rem: We'll start with the Angel.
Des: Okay.
Rem: Then it gets worse.
Alvia: We're at a disadvantage.
Des: Is this why you guys have me as guest?
Rem: So that we'll look...
Alvia: That's why we have nice gifts for you.
Des: Yes.
Rem: So that we'll look kind.
Alvia: So it's last year of college for him. I think college for me. Because there are...
Rem: What college?
Alvia: First year.
Des: Wait. Is it true?
Alvia: Just after graduating from high school. Like that.
Rem: But, you had grade 7, right?
Alvia: Yes. I'm in grade 7 and I transferred to a different school. I shouldn't have been in grade 7.
Des: So, you're technically in high school.
Alvia: But, It's like this. In grade school, all girls. When in grade 7 and I'm transferring to a coed school. Don't justify yourself. So, I was graduating from high school.
Rem: We establish that you're not good at math.
Des: Yes. I'm good at memorizing. I memorized all their names.
Alvia: We all have our own strengths So, for me, when I graduated from high school, I didn't think about it. Especially in grade school, because we're all girls. So, I didn't think about it. When I got to high school, I found the concept of boys weird. Because my whole life, my interactions with boys were family, my older brother, and cousins. So, I didn't think about it. Then, I got interested in it during third or fourth year high school. Because it's popular with us. This is an age reveal. So, there is no dating app yet. But, text messages are popular. Because they give them your number.
Des: Guys, it's a peso per text.
Alvia: Wait, wait.
Des: And your characters were limited.
Alvia: If you text with your schoolmate, you're already pretty. But, if you text with someone from another school, you're prettier. So, I texted with someone from another school. In fairness to me. Thank you. But, I was not that interested. But, I think, third or fourth year high school.
Des: Can I just say, I'm the one who will debunk that it's not true that when you start early you'll get married early. I started...
Rem: No, you'll get tired of it early.
Des: That's what happened to me.
Alvia: That's what you proved.
Des: I'm the one who will debunk that.
Alvia: Okay, when?
Rem: Kindergarten? That's so early!
Des: After, first year high school. Seriously. First year high school summer. I had an MU.
Alvia: Oh my gosh. Is that still a thing?
Des: It used to be.
Rem: What does it mean again?
Des: Mutual understanding.
Alvia: "Mag-un."
Rem: Finally got to use it!
Alvia: Finally.
Des: Oh my God. It's becoming obvious.
Alvia: So, you had an MU in your first year?
Des: After first year. Summer. I met him in summer. From Manila.
Alvia: He's not in the same school? I told you, those who have flings from another school are beautiful.
Des: Okay, background. I attended grade school in Bulacan, High school too. But since our family, every summer, or every... We stay in Manila. Don't tell him. He might know.
Alvia: Just in Manila.
Des: So, it was summer. First year high school. I met him in summer. But after summer, I got bored.
Alvia: But that time, summer is summer. Period.
Des: Second year high school. My first boyfriend. Second year high school. So, summer. I have an MU.
Alvia: I never had an MU.
Rem: So, you knew what an MU is in your first year?
Des: No, I didn't know. For example, in Alvia's case, since she went to an all-girl's grade school, the only boys were family. For me, in grade school, since we're co-ed, one of the boys, I was very comfortable with guys who are super close, friends, friends, like that. Yeah, but I don't know. I guess it just happened.
Rem: Like, you just tripped unto him.
Des: He tripped. He tripped unto me. He went slow-mo. I'm pretty. First year. Yeah, just like that. I met him in summer. in Church.
Alvia: Things like that are a scam.
Rem: I told you guys.
Alvia: It's not true. The Lord just gave us a slap just now.
Des: Don't force your kids to go to church.
Alvia: Especially if they're teenagers. They'll just date each other.
Des: Church.
Alvia: So, your first boyfriend was in second year?
Des: Second year, high school. In my high school, Christian School, it's prohibited. It's prohibited to have a boyfriend.
Rem: It's prohibited.
Des: For some reason, I was the first one. After that, my classmates got bolder. They started dating. Then we were summoned to the principal's office, it was just me and my boyfriend.
Alvia: How long did your relationship last? Christian schools will meddle.
Des: Yeah, because it's prohibited. You're in high school. You have to finish it.
Rem: Especially for us, because we're all boys.
Alvia: Even in all girls.
Des: Of course, there's a religion factor. Christian school.
Alvia: By the way, we don't believe in Catholic Christian Schools anymore We've been there. But I went to a co-ed non-sectarian in high school. But weirdly, I'm from all girls. The first time someone tried to court me, it was a girl in the co-ed school. Legit. But it was a girl.
Des: I don't have experience.
Alvia: There was that vibes. It was like, "Huh?" "This is where this happens?"
Rem: You already came from an all-girls school.
Alvia: Yeah, I'm from there. Nothing happened. So your first boyfriend was second year high school?
Des: But then, since it's prohibited, we were asked to stop. "Okay, you have to stop." I obeyed and broke up with him "Okay, let's break up." But it was okay. We broke up. But we still had a relationship.
Alvia: You know, I don't get that.
Rem: Yeah, it's just a ruse.
Des: But we're official.
Alvia: When your parents ask you, "Do you have a boyfriend?" "No."
Des: So we broke up officially. But in the classroom,
Rem: it was just a press release.
Des: It's a secret. He liked to do this. That thing. I'll do that to his hands. But of course, you already know the deal.
Alvia: That's a big deal in high school. Even just getting close physically. You'll be called to the principal's office.
Des: I've been there a few times.
Alvia: My first official boyfriend was summer before college. We like summer, right? But we dated for two years in today's terms.
Des: That's legit.
Alvia: But we only dated for a few months. Because we were already in college. We went to different schools.
Des: That's how it was for me too. Because it's okay.
Alvia: Using that reason to break up was easy. It's a big deal.
Des: Me too.
Alvia: She's from Manila.
Des: I was the one who went to Baguio. Because we were in Bulacan.
Alvia: So this is when you were pretending to have broken up.
Des: Yes. But there's still something.
Alvia: Okay.
Des: So we just don't want to put the label anymore. So we're not like, "We're just friends."
Alvia: But it was just a lie.
Des: But technically fine. If you want to define it as that. We were still dating. But I went to college in UP Baguio. I guess you're just too young. You don't have a deep connection. That's another big factor. Friendster...
Alvia: Yahoo Messsenger! Excuse me. To those who experienced mIRC.
Des: Hello? We didn't experience it.
Rem: I don't know that.
Des: I only know Yahoo Messenger. Friendster.
Rem: Those who are doing ASL.
Alvia: Those who hold "EB" in the mall.
Rem: You go there, and you look at the T-shirt.
Alvia: I don't know, we didn't do that.
Rem: That one wearing yellow.
Alvia: They're doing "EB".
Rem: Let's go home.
Alvia: We're not like that.
Des: I was still a kid.
Alvia: I never dated a total stranger. Usually, someone who knows someone I know.
Des: He's my classmate.
Alvia: Right? Because they give your number to... I don't know.
Rem: They peddle you.
Alvia: Then you'll feel pretty. Because you text with someone from another school.
Des: We only had crushes. You're a crush from this school? I'm just kidding.
Rem: When was your first girlfriend? Guess.
Alvia: I already know. Let Des guess.
Des: 3rd year college.
Rem: Far from it.
Alvia: When was it?
Rem: Actually, my first official girlfriend was before right before Alvia.
Des: What?
Rem: So she was my second...
Des: You were already working?
Rem: I told you. I wasn't looking for this.
Des: Can we just clear the air? We're not looking for...
Alvia: Excuse me. They were the ones looking for us.
Des: They looked for us.
Alvia: from a different school.
Rem: Why were you accepting it?
Alvia: We were given chocolates. And Blue Magic. I was given cellphone load. Were you given load too?
Des: I'm rich.
Alvia: I was given load.
Des: I always had 500 pesos load.
Alvia: They give me load so that I would reply.
Des: Why are you given load? Answer please!
Alvia: Excuse me. They give me load.
Rem: We're not on that level.
Alvia: So that I'll reply to them.
Des: They only give me Blue Magic.
Alvia: Me too! But in our school, Blue Magic is given to a friend even if he doesn't like you.
Des: But in our school, no. In our school, if you gift Blue Magic,
Alvia: it's a sign.
Des: You're in a relationship.
Rem: Explain to us Gen Z what Blue Magic is.
Alvia: Blue Magic is a teddy bear with pins and quotes. The paper bag is big. It's blue. Or red.
Rem: Is there a red one?
Alvia: Or white?
Des: We received all of those paper bags, by the way.
Alvia: The bear is not cute but it's a sign of, you know. But in our school, not all of us received it romantically. I have a friend I know he had a crush on me but we didn't go past friendship. He gave us all Blue Magic every year. The big one Anyone who gives you blue magic make you feel beautiful. So if you receive a lot of paper bags...
Des: For us, it's like a label. It's like a label. That you're officially in a relationship.
Alvia: For us, it's not. I think my batchmates were rich. They give it to people even if they aren't courting them.
Des: It's not like that with us.
Alvia: We don't have Silverworks. Only Blue Magic. It's prettier.
Des: Silver is a bit more expensive. So it's like Blue Magic and Silverworks.
Rem: Antipolo is no match for Bulacan.
Alvia: Wait. Someone gave me a gold bracelet. But I was picky so I threw it in the trash.
Rem: What the heck?
Des: You were not yet practical.
Rem: Life was still not hard back then.
Alvia: I would've kept it if it was money. I received chocolate and teddy bear.
Des: You didn't know the value of gold yet.
Alvia: I don't know the value. My parents are strict. How can I explain the gold? It was serious. I can tell that the bear came from a friend.
Des: It's common.
Rem: You should've told them you have an uncle who's just came back from overseas.
Alvia: Of course they know my uncles, right?
Des: They'll know.
Alvia: We're three girls in the family. We all went to co-ed high school. We were given flowers on Valentine's Day. We all conferred. "How can we explain to mom?" Do you know what we did? We gave them to mom, "Happy Valentine's Day!" Sorry mom!
Rem: Turns out it was recycled.
Alvia: My other friends give their flowers to church. They give it to church.
Des: Is that worse?
Alvia: I don't know. But I lied to my mom. She probably sensed it because "why are my daughters giving me flowers?" Student council sells flowers. That's their gimmick. It's acceptable for first year to third year. But when you're in fourth year, you should be giving buoquet instead. My classmates were definitely rich.
Des: They're rich.
Alvia: For us, if you're being courted, you get a bouquet. But your male friends also give you flowers.
Des: No. For us, for example, I have a lot of guy friends. But, but when you give a gift to the opposite sex. I means something. So, the one who gives is... Of course, they're just a group. Since our school is small, if there's someone who's already in a relationship, you're done. For us, it's like a cock block.
Alvia: They don't give flowers at the same time. They wait. There's an airtime. For example, you give to Des. Everyone's like, "Woooow" Then, the next guy, number two, he gives to me. They don't give at the same time. It's like there's an airtime. It's more beautiful in fourth year because the bouquets are on top of the lockers. So, the girls... "Oh, I have a guy friend." You know what I mean.
Des: For us, it's just that guy.
Alvia: You know, we're waiting for each other to give. It's like we're...
Rem: I'm the representative of the guys here. They're just the ones having a conversation.
Alvia: No, wait. But you're all boys.
Rem: That's true. But because we're all boys, I don't want to take part in... I'm from Marist, then there's St. Scho These schools are right next to each other.
Alvia: You share the same school bus.
Des: And usually, it's between these schools, right?
Alvia: Yes, the ride the same school bus.
Rem: And there's one who's like, Sorry from people from...
Des: So we're dropping names...
Alvia: We're not telling school names, you're on your own.
Rem: There's a school there, Marikina. They're co-ed. Of course, they're not exclusive. So, how we look at them is like...
Alvia: High schoolers are so judgemental.
Rem: Right?
Des: We're like that.
Rem: But let's keep our audience hanging...
Alvia: Because...
Rem: Because we're over time.
Alvia: Alright, next episode.
Rem: Guys, thank you for watching. But let's continue this in our next episode. And the stories are fun. I'm just listening here.
Des: Juicier after...
Alvia: We're still just talking about high school.
Rem: So, let's continue our stories in college. Thank you and see you next episode. Bye! You were listening to the DINKWAP Show.