We invited Pam Klyn, Senior Vice President of Corporate Reputation & Sustainability, and Deb O’Connor, Director of Global Corporate Reputation and Community Relations, from Whirlpool to discuss the company’s legacy, its House + Home programs, and how Whirlpool balances environmental impact while still delivering a quality product.
Listen for more insights on:
- How to bring environmental sustainability and social commitments under one umbrella.
- How to communicate CSR accomplishments while maintaining humility and staying true to values.
- Real challenges and lessons learned from working in and with local communities.
- How to start and engage in effective internal mentoring.
Resources + Links:
- Pam Klyn on LinkedIn
- Deb O’Connor on LinkedIn
- Net Zero Target
- House + Home
- House + Home World Tour
- Racial Equality Pledge
- (00:00) - Welcome to Purpose 360
- (00:13) - Whirlpool
- (03:35) - Pam's Background
- (04:49) - Deb's Background
- (05:48) - Learning from Dreams
- (09:58) - Getting That First Job with Whirlpool
- (13:35) - Historic Engagement & Sustainability
- (16:00) - Corporate & Community Relations
- (19:11) - Net Zero
- (24:54) - Partner Relationships
- (29:45) - Build Better With Whirlpool
- (32:05) - Embedding
- (34:44) - Generating Ideas
- (35:56) - Working in Their Own Community
- (40:20) - Dealing With Challenges
- (42:46) - Newsroom
- (44:45) - Embedding Purpose
- (47:25) - Innovations in the Underdeveloped World
- (50:12) - Mentoring
- (54:05) - Last Words
- (55:31) - Wrap Up
What is Purpose 360?
Business is an unlikely hero: a force for good working to solve society's most pressing challenges, while boosting bottom line. This is social purpose at work. And it's a dynamic journey. Purpose 360 is a masterclass in unlocking the power of social purpose to ignite business and social impact. Host Carol Cone brings decades of social impact expertise and a 360-degree view of integrating social purpose into an organization into unfiltered conversations that illuminate today's big challenges and bigger ideas.