A lot of young creative entrepreneurs want to sell everything to everyone and end up getting no traction. How do you really streamline your ideas into action and get your business off the ground?
We talk about:
• Deciding what you want to sell and identify who you want to sell it to
• How he made the leap from the creative side to the client-side of business
• His own struggles and trial-and-error in starting a business
• Tips on how to own a room & stand-out in meetings for creative professionals
• Sales techniques to leave a mark with the people you meet
• Personal branding opportunities for executives
• Advantages and disadvantages of one-to-one training vs. membership
• What medium to use to effectively deliver your message
• Pinpointing the pain points of your audience to win the conversation
• Finding the balance between IQ and EQ for small agencies
• Content as a lead magnet and conversation starter
• How to start selling by chat
Mentioned in this episode:
The 5 AM Club by Robin Sharma: https://www.robinsharma.com/book/the-5am-club
Art of NLP by Tony Robbins: https://nlp-mentor.com/anthony-robbins/
Million Dollar coach Taki Moore: https://milliondollarcoach.com/
To connect with Oliver, head on over to his channels:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: “PHILIP50”
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals, and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends, and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy, and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing, and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career, and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs, and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.
What is Brand Design Masters Podcast?
The Brand Design Masters Podcast with Philip VanDusen is dedicated to helping you build the skills you need to design bullet-proof brands - for yourself, your business and for the clients and customers you serve.
In every episode, Philip, his co-hosts and interview guests will share inspiration, ideas, trends and techniques that will lift you to greater heights as a creative professional or entrepreneur - so you can build a successful creative practice, business and personal brand in the Creative Economy.