Sammy Rubin, co-founder, and CEO of YuLife, the fastest and one of the most exciting insurtech in the UK. Last summer, Yulife raised $70 million in one of the largest Series Bs raised by an insurtech startup in Europe.
Sammy describes Yulife as the world’s first lifestyle insurance company which brings together life insurance, well-being & rewards in one simple app. In this episode, I talk to Sammy about his philosophy and approach to building a different kind of startup, one that prioritizes people and well-being along with growth.
- 2:00 - Founding YuLife - the journey
- 10:34 - Finding the right co-founders
- 17:49 - Initial customers
- 19:21 - Proving ROI
- 23:11 - From founder-led sales to systematic marketing and sales
- 27:28 - External branding
- 31:41 - Pivoting from B2C to B2B early on
- 34:33 - Internal culture and branding
What is The European Startup Show?
To inspire technology entrepreneurs in Europe with stories and practical strategies from other successful entrepreneurs.
If you are a CEO, founder, or work in sales or marketing, and your company is based in Europe or is looking to expand into Europe, then this podcast is for you.