Sarah Putt, MA, OTR/L and I uncork the topic of cultural fluidity. While we don't claim to be experts on culture and its influence on practice, we have both experienced first hand the positive outcomes of partnering with clients and fellow practitioners who identify differently than us, and we are continuing to grow in our own cultural fluidity. We explore some of the challenges and beauty of collaborating with people when there isn’t a shared culture or language. We welcome your feedback and input into what we hope is an ongoing conversation!
- Sarah is the creator and host of the OT 4 Lyfe podcast: https://ot4lyfe.com/podcast/
- The OT Roundtable is a NEW OT podcast co-hosted by Sarah Putt, Brock Cook, and Michelle Amussen: http://www.theotroundtable.com/
- AOTA Cultural Competency Toolkits: https://www.aota.org/Practice/Manage/Multicultural/Cultural-Competency-Tool-Kit.aspx
- From AOTA: "The Multicultural, Diversity, and Inclusion (MDI) Network is a network of independent groups of various diverse identity and affiliations based on race/ethnicity; disability; sexual orientation; and religious affiliation that collectively support the increase of diversity and inclusion in occupational therapy. The seven MDI Tool Kits provide resources to understanding the specific values, norms, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors associated with different cultural groups"
- Want to start your own podcast? Start with Transistor: https://transistor.fm/?via=miranda
- Find OT Uncorked on social media @OTuncorked
- Please consider leaving us a review on your favorite podcast player!
What is OT Uncorked?
OT Uncorked is a podcast for wine-loving OTs, pairing wine and hot topics in occupational therapy. Hosted by Miranda Rennie and featuring guests from the profession, OT Uncorked was created to learn from people doing ordinary and extraordinary work across OT settings and share resources with other practitioners. Miranda is an OT who is passionate about providing holistic care for people with neurologic conditions. She is a small-town East Coaster living in Los Angeles, CA. Miranda hopes you will join her in uncorking hot topics and wine, discovering what’s new and relevant in the profession!