CEO ZORAK: They call me Dodo Born. Good morning, how are you? I'm Dodo Born with Isaac Allen Burns. I'm not a real Dodo, but I am married by fate with my two bestest, bestest friends. I'm not a real Dodo, but they call me Dodo born.
Isaac Allen Burns: Hey. It's a Squawk back. Hey, everybody. What's this? A Squawk back.
Rowan Collins: That's
Isaac Allen Burns: right, everybody. This is end of season two Squawk back look back extraordinaire mega episode.
Rowan Collins: Episode.
Isaac Allen Burns: Woo. Are we so excited to be here on the other side of a finale, guys?
Rowan Collins: Yes. Absolutely.
Joe Diametti: It's been a long time coming.
Isaac Allen Burns: Been a long time coming. Wow. It's felt like almost a whole year.
Rowan Collins: Has it been? Has it been a year?
Isaac Allen Burns: That's the well, that's the fun part is that it hasn't been a year. It's been Season two, we recorded
Joe Diametti: Starting in May. No. The day after the book came out. Day after the
Isaac Allen Burns: book came out, we started recording.
Joe Diametti: So May 22.
Rowan Collins: Yep. I guess.
Isaac Allen Burns: To December.
Rowan Collins: Wow.
Isaac Allen Burns: But the actual the actual season
Joe Diametti: Yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. Is, like, two or three days.
Rowan Collins: Wow.
Isaac Allen Burns: And I think that's only an extra day because one of y'all's days was essentially a long rest.
Rowan Collins: Mhmm. That's true. That's true.
Isaac Allen Burns: That's how fun time is. But time flies when you're having fun.
Rowan Collins: Truly.
Isaac Allen Burns: And when we're flying high, we're moving fast. Am I right, gang?
Joe Diametti: That's that's that's what I always say.
Rowan Collins: Yep. Yep. That's
Isaac Allen Burns: But yeah. So let's start. You know, the beginning of season two was interesting because season one was very cozy, very easy. Right?
Rowan Collins: Yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: And then I started y'all fully well, it was actually chill. First episode was pretty chill, I feel like. And then fully
Rowan Collins: Our town was destroyed. Wow. We basically had no buildings. Yeah. Buildings. No food.
Isaac Allen Burns: You had food. You had cheese. And you see a little rat. You see a little rat scurrying. He's dig he's digging on the ground. He's digging in the ground. What's he digging? Uh-oh. A hole is before him. He gets into a room. He falls. He gets up, and he looks in front of him. And what is it? The most cheese you've ever seen in your life.
Rowan Collins: Oh my god. Yeah. We are war torn town where pistachios sing goodbye to their family.
Joe Diametti: I would say overall, it was still kinda dark.
CEO ZORAK: Yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: It's Okay. And then we're dark, but, you know, we may have had a song and it called Ashes of Bragg and Roe.
Joe Diametti: But Yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: It was, you know, you're waking up, gotta have And it's And then fully, just like the second episode, we tank it, and it's, like, big huge moment.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. I mean, basically, you take a town that didn't have any involvement in the greater politics of Altea and then thrust it into the middle of a civil dispute. So
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. Yeah. And y'all were the ones on the bleeding into that. That. And so what I think is fun about just the season as a whole is I feel like it's really summed up in episode 11 or 12 or something where Cappy says, when did we stop being a team? Mhmm. And I think that's because, again and I'll say this, until I die is the fight in episode two, very difficult. Yeah. It required y'all working together in order to succeed. Like, the DCs are at 20, and the environment was such that a 20 was basically you rolled perfectly.
Joe Diametti: Mhmm.
Isaac Allen Burns: So to have a chance to succeed, you either needed to crit, which y'all do a lot, or you had to give each other advantage, you had to work together, you had to get creative. But in that moment, everyone was going different directions, had different stuff, which I feel like is really beautiful for, like, a team fighting a really hard battle for the first time.
CEO ZORAK: Mhmm. Yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: And then
Joe Diametti: I I have to just be so honest. Yeah. I would have been infuriated if we would have won that battle.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. I I'm honestly
Joe Diametti: I wanna be clear. I that would have not like, I would have I would have really struggled with that, I think. Yeah. Like, truthfully, I think I would have said it as soon as we stopped recording. I think I would have been, like, really? We won another one? And I think maybe it would have been funny because you would have probably crashed out, Isaac.
Isaac Allen Burns: Honestly, if y'all had beaten that really easily, I would have. Yeah.
Joe Diametti: But I just I don't know. At the end of the day, I think we're telling a story about a team, friends, family, however a community, however you wanna word it. Mhmm. And any of those things are only ever as strong as how well they work together.
Rowan Collins: Right.
Joe Diametti: Yeah. So if we look at an arc, we started with, like, getting to know each other, how do we work together, do we work together? Yeah. And it's cool that we had this success that we did in season one. Like, not that it's planned at the end of the day. Right? Because we could've walked into the ilkaters and just gotten fucking murdered. Nerd. Right. Straight up. And it's like, well, I guess we'll find new characters and or rerecord.
Isaac Allen Burns: I don't know. Different vibe. Different vibe.
Joe Diametti: Yeah. So, like, a billion things could happen, but it's cool. To me, the fact that we even got to the finale and I remember when we were winning over and over again in season one, it was a really cool, like, hopeful pie in the sky ending to ended on, like, well, what happens next? Like, the sky's the limit, really anything. And then to go into season two and watch these heroes that have so consistently, it felt like, succeed Yeah. Absolutely get curb stomped. Yeah. That felt good to me. That felt because and to your point, like, later in the season, when do we stop being a team? It's so interesting to me that that's almost all it took.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. Right.
Joe Diametti: Right? It like, you ended up with these people that were probably together because the alternative was scarier for them.
Rowan Collins: Right.
Joe Diametti: But all it took is one good ass kicking to, like, put all of them into disarray and spiraling and
Rowan Collins: Yeah. Yeah. Exactly. It it, like, to me feels like I've I went back and listened, I know that they have team moments. But even still, they were kinda flying through some of those combats. It was that it was easy. Right? It's almost that you are at the top in your high school, and then you go to college. College had a hands of your shits.
Isaac Allen Burns: And you don't know how to study, so you get, like, a 54 on a physics
Rowan Collins: test. Right.
Joe Diametti: Alright. Listen. We don't have to
Rowan Collins: call me out.
Joe Diametti: Oh, I
Isaac Allen Burns: was talking for a personal
Joe Diametti: And and it was a 57, so I didn't do physics. I'm kidding.
Isaac Allen Burns: No. That was a personal answer. Oh, damn. I I thought I was really hot shit until I went to my first physics class. And then I was like, oh, I have to study.
CEO ZORAK: Yeah. You know Big
Joe Diametti: fish, small pond. Big fish story.
Isaac Allen Burns: Big I was, you know, care about what order you are and, like, anyways.
Joe Diametti: Yeah. But even in the rest of the season, I mean, to your point, Rowan, yeah, like, we have team moments, but we're not really working together. No. Capi the amount of times Capi is like, cool. I'm gonna go rob a mansion on my own.
Rowan Collins: Right.
Joe Diametti: I'm going to disappear onto a ship and see what's going on there while you're all fighting. Like, the amount of times we actively make choices that really only serve us
Rowan Collins: Right. Question mark? Question mark?
Joe Diametti: Serve us?
Rowan Collins: Serve us?
Joe Diametti: Yeah. It's so it's but it's cool because I think, obviously, we didn't know when we started that Annie was going to have to leave. Right. But looking at the season as a whole, we ended up on this projectile towards a sped up version of what would ultimately end up happening
Rowan Collins: as we've
Joe Diametti: learned from Isaac. And when I look at it, it makes sense. You had this team that was struggling. Mhmm. And as sad as it and and heartbreaking as it is, one of us didn't make it out of that.
Rowan Collins: Right. Exactly. Yeah. Yeah.
Joe Diametti: So now I'm, like, really excited to see in season three what the next chapter is for the team, because I don't think it's just more, like, we don't work together.
Rowan Collins: Right. I Like, almost feel like it's gonna be overcompensating, in my opinion.
Joe Diametti: Well, there's a lot of ways it could go.
Rowan Collins: It's a it's it's gonna be interesting.
Isaac Allen Burns: Well, because even tracing more of the combats too in the graveyard fight. Right. Cappy and Pistachio are going in two separate directions too where Mhmm. Pistachio is trying to save the kid and Cappy's trying to pull Pistachio off of it. Cappy's watching all
Joe Diametti: of this and he's like, fuck. Fuck. And then he disappears and on accident again and reappears and just puts both of his arms around Pistachio's, like, stomach and just, like, tries to rip Pistachio off.
Isaac Allen Burns: Crank too. Crank runs over under Crank is over talking to
Joe Diametti: the father who's like, hey. Copy, like, sneezes and shadow steps. Like, I mean
Rowan Collins: And I just wanna put go on record. Pistachio goes, okay, guys. What's the plan? And then everybody goes off in dinner for expressions. And okay. And then Pistachio's like, okay. I guess we're doing different things again. Pistachio looks to Cappy. Do you wanna get the skeletons by the door and I'll get the boater over there?
Joe Diametti: The what?
Rowan Collins: The boater.
Joe Diametti: The what?
Rowan Collins: The bone master. Boater. Right?
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. Crank was excited to have their fists.
Rowan Collins: Yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: And then Cappy sneezed.
Rowan Collins: And then Cappy sneezed.
Joe Diametti: Well, Cappy had a panic attack. But, also, to your point about the planning wait, Rowan, to your point about the planning.
Rowan Collins: Yeah.
Joe Diametti: Like, that's also another thing that Cappy realizes. Because I think Cappy caught a lot of shots. Yeah. In season one. Yeah. He was like, okay, gang. This is what we're gonna do. He had, like, that kind of energy.
Rowan Collins: Right.
Joe Diametti: And you can see how quickly he loses that. Mhmm. Yeah. After that Ashe battle and being in a quote, unquote, new town.
Rowan Collins: Right.
Joe Diametti: There's a part in the finale with Cappy where I think, Pistachio, you ask him what the plan is, and he's just like, I don't know. I can't do this.
Rowan Collins: Yep. We listen to it. Will we stop it? Do we take it? What do we need?
Joe Diametti: I don't I I I don't know, Pistachio. I don't know. I don't have training for this. We don't have training for this.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. I think Cappy definitely lost his confidence. Right.
Joe Diametti: Lost his mojo.
Isaac Allen Burns: Well Lost his mojo. Lost his vibes.
Rowan Collins: Well, that's the other thing is, like, Cappy had been through adventures and adventures and adventures at in Bracken Road. Like, repeated Literally. That over and over again. So he's seen, like, the turnips. Like, he knew what was gonna happen with the turnips. He's, studying for the, like, GRE, like, five bazillion times or whatever. And so he knew what to expect. And then we went off book and he got his ass handed to him. And I think I think Pistachio definitely does have that moment where you and Pistachio's a character where they speak about the level of emotions that they're going through. Like, brain to mouth has no filter when it comes to that. Yeah. So you get an insight of that Pistachio shaken. And with Cappy, it's a lot more of all the things he doesn't do. Like, you don't see him calling shots anymore. You don't see him, like Mhmm. Going in and, like, doing all the fun little animal thing. Like, you just don't see him doing that as much. And
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. Pistachio's shaking, Cappy's stirred, and Isaac's over here drinking the best mojito.
Rowan Collins: Oh my god.
Isaac Allen Burns: Because it is fun, especially in that final fight when I feel like the two of y'all did work together to absolutely rip up my guy. Mhmm. Yeah. You know, I should have expected again because it's the finale of the season
Rowan Collins: Right.
Joe Diametti: Where y'all, you know We needed it.
Isaac Allen Burns: We needed it. Y'all needed no.
Rowan Collins: We needed a dub.
Isaac Allen Burns: Y'all needed the dub. The dub was coming, and y'all ripped the Major apart, which was great.
Rowan Collins: But as but as a side note, Cappy just completely committed an assassination.
Joe Diametti: I think Cappy just looks at him cruelly and thinks about how he was about to go for pistachio and thinks about the conversation him and Crank just had and just without even any words just slices down. We see the
Isaac Allen Burns: shadow on the back wall of just coming down. Yeah. And major Balthazar breathes his last cruel breath.
Joe Diametti: Which didn't we say in there that that was Cappy's first kill? Yeah. And it wasn't. I realized because I was listening back. I I kill I I shove an apple down someone's esophagus
Rowan Collins: Oh, That's
Isaac Allen Burns: her cat.
Joe Diametti: The finale of the first one.
Isaac Allen Burns: So it's just basically every time Cappy kills someone, he's gonna
Rowan Collins: kill it's your
Isaac Allen Burns: first kill.
Joe Diametti: Yeah. Yeah. You're right. That
Rowan Collins: was It's my first kill.
Isaac Allen Burns: I did. Oh, the first time I've killed
Joe Diametti: somebody. That's yeah. I'll just absolve Cappy will absolve himself of all guilt. No. Not well but well but it was my first one.
Isaac Allen Burns: This is my first one.
Rowan Collins: This is my first one. Exactly. Exactly.
Joe Diametti: That's also what he tells every girl.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. Like, well, this you were my first one. I'm just kidding. I'm joking. That's a I know.
Joe Diametti: I don't I don't want Cappy to be that slimy. I'm kidding.
Rowan Collins: I can edit that out in post.
Joe Diametti: That slimy. You're gonna edit that.
Rowan Collins: You wanna bring your best.
Joe Diametti: Yeah. He's like,
Rowan Collins: I'm not, you know, I'm
Joe Diametti: not not editing gonna do that. That.
Isaac Allen Burns: But the combats and that's what's fun about Daggerheart, I feel like, is that at least the combats can be thematic instead of just like a resource drain. Because so much I feel like of certain other games that I've played before, it feels like I have to resource drain. You have to fight some wolves in the woods Mhmm. So that you're not blasting the enemies later on really easily and such. Because each fight in this feels like some kind of turning point, like kind of moment
Rowan Collins: Mhmm.
Isaac Allen Burns: Of growth and story with the characters and how they're working together. Mhmm. And that's a lot of fun. That was really great storytelling. And I think I did a really great job. Thank you so much.
Rowan Collins: So welcome.
Isaac Allen Burns: Thank you. Was a blast. Thank you.
Rowan Collins: That was a
Joe Diametti: Actually, the audience is clapping too. They are. I can't hear the They're driving their cars with their knees.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, so they get clapped. There's
Rowan Collins: the roar of applause.
Isaac Allen Burns: That's right. I can hear it in my ears. Yes. And it and it fuels me. That's what keeps me going.
Rowan Collins: Isaac Allen Burns, please come to the stage and accept your best GM award.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, thank you so much. Thank you so much. I'd like to thank no one except myself.
Rowan Collins: That's the music.
Joe Diametti: I'm playing you off.
Isaac Allen Burns: No. No. I'd also like to thank Aaron Hunter
Rowan Collins: for ruining
Isaac Allen Burns: my childhood. And also thank KA Applegate.
Rowan Collins: Oh, yeah. Anyways Oh gosh. Animals. Okay. No. Stay on
Isaac Allen Burns: task. And
Rowan Collins: That's for you, Zorak. You wanted to see us get off task, and here we are.
Joe Diametti: Here we are.
Isaac Allen Burns: But yeah. So that's the through line of season two, I feel. If we were to describe a theme, lot darker than season one. Season one is, like, growing. Season one was upswing. It was hopeful. Season hopeful. Season two, where it's a downswing, a little more despair. Yeah. And that means season three, gonna be upswing again. Exactly. Just you wait. Or maybe I'll just lean even more into it. Returning to Bloodborne.
Rowan Collins: We're a grimdark podcast now.
Isaac Allen Burns: We're a grimdark podcast now. Pistachio, you wake up in a pool of blood.
Joe Diametti: You're not
Isaac Allen Burns: sure if it's your own or who it is. This is only the third time it's happened this week.
Rowan Collins: Pistachio werewolf arc? Question mark.
Isaac Allen Burns: Pistachio, you're a werewolf. You're really itchy, and you have fleas. But
Joe Diametti: Cut to the rest of the season.
Isaac Allen Burns: Because the
Joe Diametti: rest With the season you and Cappy Uh-huh. Doing weird grim dark things Yeah. To find out that it was Cappy's blood. He's been dead the whole time.
Rowan Collins: Oh. Oh my god.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, no. I wanna see a
Rowan Collins: spoiled that person.
Isaac Allen Burns: I wanna see a scene. Pistachio, you've just found out that Cappy's been dead this whole time.
Joe Diametti: Oh, no. Action.
Isaac Allen Burns: What do you want, kid?
Rowan Collins: I don't know. How have you been dead this whole time?
Isaac Allen Burns: What do you how
Joe Diametti: did you not know I was dead this whole time?
Rowan Collins: No. You never brought it up.
Joe Diametti: You never asked.
Rowan Collins: Oh god. And seed.
Isaac Allen Burns: The you never asked defense. One of my Yeah. I'm kidding. Oh my god. But one thing that's fun too is it was pointed out that there's a lot of NPCs in the show. And I think I just missed that. I don't think if we were to ask me, Isaac, how many NPCs are in the show? I'd be like, I think there's, like, 20 NPCs.
Rowan Collins: And then Minecraft comes in with a whole list of 85.
Isaac Allen Burns: Somebody. Was there eighty five?
Rowan Collins: Eighty five.
Isaac Allen Burns: Somebody compiled No. There was.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. I think I think Minecraft Parker, if you go in our Discord, will have a
Isaac Allen Burns: would full list of
Joe Diametti: have also said 20.
Isaac Allen Burns: It's I mean, what are we 20 memorable ones. You know? Let's go with all of our memorable
Joe Diametti: and PC.
Isaac Allen Burns: Well, see well, I'm gonna say season I was thinking about how season two's NPCs were different from season one. Right? Because season two, you're in a bigger town, you're a bigger city, and I didn't wanna repeat too many NPCs. You know what I mean?
Joe Diametti: Like Yeah. No. We're not doing the fan service thing. No. Yeah. I think In every scene, it's like, here's the librarian.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, the librarian's back. I will say I did I did discover I think I have some NPCs that I pull from the same barrel on because they make me smile and they make me laugh. Daughtering old man is one of
Rowan Collins: them Mhmm.
Isaac Allen Burns: Who just comes and speaks nonsense because he's so either because he's so old and he's confused, or he's just looking to, like, be full of shenanigans. Mhmm. So we had to cut out a lot of the graveyard guy coming up talking about, like I just remember saying, like, fairies take the femurs, which are any big bones of the body, and Mhmm. They especially like it when they have a unshattered femur. Oh. That's what we that's what that's what we call the big bones in the body. They're femurs.
Rowan Collins: Oh. All
Annie Hawthorne: of the big bones are called femur?
Isaac Allen Burns: Yep. All the big bones at the body are called femurs. Hit each other over the head with
Joe Diametti: the I don't think there's too many things that we really duke it out on for the editing for. That was one you were I was like, we gotta take it out. And you were like Isaac's like, no. It's fun. It's fun. I was like, it it's too long.
Isaac Allen Burns: And then I listened to it with fresh airs and said, yeah. I don't think he needs to I don't think he needs to be here.
Rowan Collins: That's too long.
Joe Diametti: They made it into the Dodo Bonus. Right?
Rowan Collins: Oh, yeah. Oh, yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: But there's also the there's also the waitress.
Rowan Collins: Oh my god.
Isaac Allen Burns: Or not
Rowan Collins: the waitress.
Isaac Allen Burns: Sorry. The the maid.
Joe Diametti: Meli. Meli.
Isaac Allen Burns: Meli, the Qatari maid who Meli? I think just sometimes a crumb of an idea for an NPC happens. And then I just like to take it to its full logical conclusion.
Joe Diametti: It was the reverse with Melly because that was when I really didn't wanna
Rowan Collins: cut anything.
Joe Diametti: I wanted just, like, twenty minutes of pork. Because I remember even being at the table and just, like, I'm I'm not even in the scene really anymore. Think that, like, Cappy disappeared forever. Cappy already left. And I was just so charmed and mesmerized. By Melly? By just Melly. Like, I don't know. She poor girl.
Rowan Collins: She's a poor
Joe Diametti: girl. I could've listened to her cheerily talk about her trauma for for the whole fifty minutes.
Isaac Allen Burns: Wow. Ever since my ever since my evil stepmother came in with her two mean stepsisters who also work in the kitchen and hit me all the
Rowan Collins: time. What, Melly? Yeah. Are do you need help? Honestly. Melly is also a very divisive character. You know?
Joe Diametti: As the best ones are.
Isaac Allen Burns: As the
Rowan Collins: best ones are. Speaking of Speaking of
Isaac Allen Burns: Quackers. Quackers.
Joe Diametti: Quackers is the hero
Rowan Collins: of this season. A little bent neck duck, like, wahoover, which has, like, a like a notebook and a pen in hand and just goes like
Isaac Allen Burns: I'd like to think that Quackers was the angel on Pistachio's shoulder.
Rowan Collins: Mhmm.
Isaac Allen Burns: And then Quackers was also the devil. Okay.
Joe Diametti: I was gonna say who was the devil?
Isaac Allen Burns: Quackers was both of
Joe Diametti: them. What I love about Quackers is that somehow we worked a duck Into the show about us. Into a show titled Dodo Dodo.
Isaac Allen Burns: Honestly, that did that did strike me of like, how am I quacking in this? There's gonna be like there's gonna be like quack versus squawk of
Joe Diametti: Well, no. And that was well, that's what I was just gonna say too is speaking of divisive. Like, it was so great for you because there was a while there, like, on our Discord. If you join our Discord, like Shout
Isaac Allen Burns: out to the description below. Yeah. Like, comment, and subscribe.
Joe Diametti: Yep. No. That bell.
Isaac Allen Burns: Join the Discord. Join hit that follow. Hit that follow.
Rowan Collins: Join that Discord. I am very active in it.
Isaac Allen Burns: That's right.
Joe Diametti: Yeah. Discord. Never mind. I was I was gonna do a sexually active joke,
Rowan Collins: but Discord really active? Anyways I'm a Discord slut is what he's saying.
Joe Diametti: You said it, not me.
Rowan Collins: I did. I did. Get tested
Joe Diametti: for Rowan always gets tested.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. Rowan's free.
Isaac Allen Burns: For Discord Because because they're professional.
Rowan Collins: Because I'm a professional.
Joe Diametti: They're a professional Discord slut.
Rowan Collins: I'm a professional Discord slut.
Isaac Allen Burns: Hey. Mod work is real work. Okay? It definitely is We true respect mod work here.
Joe Diametti: But there was a while there in the Discord where just like, people would enter and just be like, squawk or quack. Like, with no context. And that that really made me happy because if it definitely, I liked that there was, like, factions going on because there are people that love quackers
Rowan Collins: And there are people.
Joe Diametti: Myself included. I know Cappy does, but that's because I do.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. True.
Joe Diametti: And then there's people that wanna see quackers catapulted into the sun.
Rowan Collins: Looking out to you, Barbooch. Catapulted into
Joe Diametti: Not that either is wrong.
Rowan Collins: Also not a fan of Melly. So you know?
Isaac Allen Burns: Brutal. Brutal. Seeing me, you're a GM. I am impartial towards Quackers. Though I did
Joe Diametti: really work. Pick a side.
Isaac Allen Burns: Well, my side. Here was my side.
Rowan Collins: He's straddling. He's in the center.
Isaac Allen Burns: In the warehouse I'm a centrist.
Rowan Collins: Okay. He's a
Isaac Allen Burns: In the warehouse
Rowan Collins: Devil's advocate.
Isaac Allen Burns: I'm just asking questions.
Joe Diametti: I'm so sorry. Go ahead.
Isaac Allen Burns: In the in the warehouse, the scene where I have Quackers roll, essentially stealth Mhmm. To move up close, I was like, I'm gonna get to blast this duck. And then you roll, like, an 18 or something. Never mind.
Rowan Collins: That is a 20 with beer.
Joe Diametti: I really wanted to say I thought we
Isaac Allen Burns: were gonna see a duck hunt. Swore we
Joe Diametti: were doing duck hunt.
Isaac Allen Burns: You flap up. Quackers. And then in the finale, there was a note written down for me that said, Quackers should die in the finale to really send home the fact that it's a familiar. Mhmm. And then just way too many things happened, and I had too many things going on. I had too many mechanics. There were so many things. Every everybody was running around. It was a one it was like a one person play with everyone playing different parts. I had Fleabag, and it just Fleabag started as a one a one woman play.
Joe Diametti: Oh, wow. It did? Yeah. Female. I was wondering the reference because I just watched The Pilot for that,
Isaac Allen Burns: like Yeah. I remember. It started as one as a single actress play. Anyways. Anyway. And that was me, and I had all these things. And so by the end, when y'all walking out, I'm like, oh my god, Quackers. As far as other NPCs that are important for this year too, I think Callie also ranks up there. Oh my god. Love Possibly one of my favorite because I love playing a messy bitch, And I feel like
Rowan Collins: Callie is
Joe Diametti: messy. I liked Callie a lot more than I thought I was going to, like, have her. Well, because and I when I I asked I don't remember how Callie came up. But I remember asking you to basically make a female copy
Rowan Collins: Uh-huh.
Joe Diametti: That will have come from Yeah. Copy's past.
Rowan Collins: Right.
Joe Diametti: Yeah. And you were like, what does that mean? And I was like, let's just figure it out together.
Isaac Allen Burns: We'll figure it out together.
Joe Diametti: I was like, was definitely from when he was younger in Bracken Road.
Rowan Collins: Mhmm.
Joe Diametti: But the rest of it, we'll figure out. And I'm glad that I we left it open because what we did figure out was, I think, really fun Yeah. To play and exciting. And I really wasn't sure what was going to happen with Callie and Cappy Mhmm. When, like, conceptualizing her. Because I knew I knew that Cappy and Scarlet couldn't be, like, super happy
Rowan Collins: Right.
Joe Diametti: At the beginning of season two. Right. Where do you go with that? Yeah. So I knew that there had to be, like, a falling out. And then I think, originally, my thought process was with Cali I do you remember being, like, they need to be, like, enemies, basically. Like, frenemy enemy type things. Right. And I remember thinking, oh, like, I could see this turning into a thing where, like, they end up dating or doing whatever.
Rowan Collins: Mhmm.
Joe Diametti: And, like, I almost kinda wanted it to be a thing where maybe for a moment, if you're in the audience, you go, am I still pro Cappy Scarlet? Or do I like
CEO ZORAK: Yeah.
Joe Diametti: Cappy Cali better? And then I don't really think that happened, but I liked a lot better what did happen.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. I think I'm I'm in I'm in an agreement. Because I thought that was gonna happen too. But I like the fact that people were like, oh, there was the Cali Ingeborg, and then there's the Cali Hazel shippers, which are now the largest ship group.
Isaac Allen Burns: We're follow we follow the ships closely. And I and by that, I mean, I don't follow them because I won't beat. I will not be influenced by y'all. The story is what motivates you.
Joe Diametti: The story can't be influenced.
Isaac Allen Burns: Right. I am I am so you know, the way is the story and I follow.
Rowan Collins: You're like water.
Isaac Allen Burns: The store anyways, yeah. That was fun. I even was obviously, going into season two, in my mind, the background was like, I need someone from Bracken Road who knew Cappy before he was like the leader of it. Right? Quote unquote. Quote unquote.
CEO ZORAK: Quote unquote.
Isaac Allen Burns: And then it worked out because you were like, hey, I have an idea for a character. And I was like, okay, hit me. And then it was basically like Mhmm. A building upon that. Mhmm. And so then but yeah. Pretty much that was all we had said was, there's someone from your past, and you probably have a somewhat antagonistic relationship. Mhmm. And then that worked really great the moment you get there.
Rowan Collins: And I just get
Isaac Allen Burns: to be I love being mean to my characters with NPCs.
Rowan Collins: Right.
Isaac Allen Burns: And Callie was a great way to just be like, oh, hey, captain. Yeah. Just what are some what's a nickname that
Joe Diametti: It was so fun too because, like, I created and honestly, this happened at season one too because I you know, it was my I think I was like, hey, I wanna have a character like Callie. I want her to be named Callie, k a l I Mhmm. As opposed to the k a p I. So it's pretty obvious right off the jump. I didn't want it to be a secret.
Rowan Collins: Right.
Joe Diametti: And then, am I boring
Rowan Collins: you? Yeah. No. Kidding.
Isaac Allen Burns: I'm kidding. No. Sorry. I just wanna it's past my bedtime. Okay.
Rowan Collins: Let the let the audience know that it is 07:52PM.
Joe Diametti: It's it's late. It's late. I have I have someone on my team that works for me, and she does that to me all the time. If I'm, like like, even a little bit young, she'll be like, oh, I'm sorry. Am I boring you? And I'm just like, no. That's not
Isaac Allen Burns: Way to snap me back to the present. No. That's good. I have to stay mindful.
Joe Diametti: Anyways, in season one, I like, it was also, like, my idea for Cyrus and Scarlet. But you definitely you always keep me on this is a prop to you. So it's a compliment. It's a compliment to the GM to the chef. It's a compliment
Isaac Allen Burns: to the
Joe Diametti: GM. You keep me on my toes on how I'm going to meet those characters. Yeah. Because, like, in the beginning, I, like, had no idea how I'd meet Cyrus or I didn't even know his name. Was like, oh, there's just, a guy. And then I think you named him Cyrus. Yeah. And then in this one, I again, I, like, went in I've said this before, but I went in with expectations that you were gonna put us in a new town and do season one again, where it was like, okay, you wake up. Where do you go? What do you do? And I had all these things mapped out. Copy was gonna be on the roof scoping out the adventure guild of that town. Yeah. And I was picturing this bit where Pistachio would be like, okay, boss. That's the adventure guild. Are we gonna go in? And I'm just like, nah. Like, you know, we just avoid it for, like, an episode where it just, pistachio over and over crank is, we should go to the Adventure Guild. Right? And I'm like yeah. And it's, like, now and I'm like, nah. And, anyways, like, it it was gonna be the whole thing. So I had it all mapped out and then, yeah, you still found a way to surprise attack me,
Rowan Collins: you know, with my own character. Well,
Isaac Allen Burns: if it is an old captain. Don't get too close.
Annie Hawthorne: Is she a threat? And I, like, step in front of Cappy.
Isaac Allen Burns: I don't know, captain. Am I a threat?
Joe Diametti: I'm not captain. You know that's not my name.
Isaac Allen Burns: It's cool. It's great too, because just in the same way that as a GM, if I come to the table with a plan
Rowan Collins: Mhmm.
Isaac Allen Burns: It will be upended by the players. Mhmm. So too, I, as the GM, if you come to me with a plan to the table, I will wind up upending it. Because
Joe Diametti: But that's what you're but that's why truly is why I respect and love you so much as a GM. It's because I can always count this is this is probably, like, a compliment. This may be one of the highest compliments I could get. Because me me and Carmen say this all the time when we're watching a show or a movie. Mhmm. One of the highest compliments we can give is, like, yeah, like, it consistently keeps me guessing and I never know exactly where it's going.
Isaac Allen Burns: Mhmm.
Joe Diametti: Even in, like like, shrinking if is one I would say is like that. It's like a it's a very, like, heartfelt warm show that has every right to be as predictable as ever. Yeah. And yet they always find a way to, like, subvert my expectations just a little bit and do something I wasn't expecting. And I think you're very good at that.
Rowan Collins: Yeah.
Joe Diametti: Okay. That's it. I I've talked too much. Rowan, what do got?
Rowan Collins: No. You no. You haven't. I
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. Rowan, what plans did you come in with season two with that I ended? And what compliment will you give me because of that?
Rowan Collins: Yeah. Follow that.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh god.
Joe Diametti: He's gonna have the best season three.
Rowan Collins: I came in with the Pistachio was gonna be traumatized and that we were gonna figure out Quackers as the familiar.
Joe Diametti: Quackers. Yeah.
Rowan Collins: Quackers. And I think my my plan that I upended was I was, like, let's kill Quackers at the end. I And I was, like, I need you to quit kill Quackers, so that's the moment that Pistachio realizes it.
Joe Diametti: Because they would just come back.
Rowan Collins: Because they come back. Yeah. But in a really creepy and demented way, because that reflects Pistachio's mind frame. But
Isaac Allen Burns: And also one of my favorite things to do is people summoning things.
Rowan Collins: And also, one of the bits that I wanted to carry over from our very long term D and D game that I wanted to immortalize in this was having a random bird pop out of, like, the most ridiculous way.
Isaac Allen Burns: Because sometimes when people have familiars, if the familiar disappears, that's one thing. Right? That's one way to do it. Or you can come up with what's the most insane way that this bird can appear in the scene. Yes. And so you just get to play with you just get to play with the space. Know?
Joe Diametti: We finally did that. Right?
Isaac Allen Burns: We got it towards the end
Joe Diametti: of crack in the floor or something.
Isaac Allen Burns: Well, did he did that at the church. He popped out. Right. Not in the wood at the church. And then at the very end of at the very end of this, he comes out of Edmond mouth. Cut to it. See that Edmond Zechthorn is cowering in a corner, his eyes wide. He starts coughing. See a couple feathers pop out, and he, like, opens his mouth up and you see a little duck head kinda pop out. Quackers just kinda worms his way out. He's like a worm duck. And Edmund zest on his eyes, roll in the back of his head and he passes out.
Joe Diametti: Cut back.
Rowan Collins: We had a big fat pigeon that kept doing that and giving us mail in our Descent Into Avernus game. And Yeah. It's one of my favorite bits. And I was, like, please do this with Quackers once they figure it out. Because it's gonna mirror the mindset that Pistachio is going in in. But anyway, my my, I guess, compliment to you is I always enjoy the descriptions of that particular bit.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yep. And it also I feel like it also matches Pistachio's mindset a little bit too. Yeah. As Pistachio got a little more ragged and haggard as the season went on.
Rowan Collins: Yep.
Isaac Allen Burns: And then at the end, when, like, Craig is gone and Hazel's been whatever'd.
Joe Diametti: Yep. Cut to clip show of Pistachio's most disturbing moments.
Rowan Collins: And just like them Top 10. Oh my god.
Joe Diametti: Feel like like Kistachio had a lot of them Yeah. This season.
Rowan Collins: And They're gonna get bigger. I think they, like, block their own reflection, and they, like, see from their little horn covers that there's, like, a point kind of coming out as if they haven't whittled down their horns in a while. And
Joe Diametti: There was something you said with your bit with Wally.
Rowan Collins: Oh. The I like
Joe Diametti: I just wanna murder people.
Rowan Collins: I just wanna murder people,
Isaac Allen Burns: but I'm
Rowan Collins: scared of it. I killed somebody. You what? I killed three people, Wally. Three people with my bare mouth. There
Joe Diametti: was there was something that made Isaac go, oh god.
Rowan Collins: Quackers lands on his head and whacks, and then a, like, wave of fireflies go into his mouth.
Joe Diametti: Out of the duck's mouth?
Rowan Collins: From Quackers. Yeah.
Joe Diametti: And then and then and that's just the pistachio stuff. There was also your pirate
Rowan Collins: Oh my god. Yeah. Your
Joe Diametti: parrot fungus.
Rowan Collins: The parrot fungus.
Isaac Allen Burns: Remember that fight that one time where the one Voldain captain cleaved your head right off your shoulders?
Rowan Collins: I remember. I remember. Not very great for me. I
Isaac Allen Burns: feel like I feel like I so, like, I don't love horror. I I'm I'm squeamish. I'm tough with horror, but I will say that body horror and, like, horror elements is really fun as a GM to play with.
Rowan Collins: Mhmm.
Isaac Allen Burns: And so when someone can describe something that just kind of resonates with my stomach in a way Mhmm. I love that. And just a parrot stuck in a phone scroll.
Joe Diametti: You are very good at that.
Rowan Collins: That well, it it comes from that, like, I read too way too much horror and watch too much horror. And horror and comedy are actually very very similar bits. It's just in timing. Right?
Isaac Allen Burns: It's a lot
Rowan Collins: of timing. That's right. I mean, that's why Jordan Peele does so well as, like, a horror director Yeah. Because he was so good at comedy. And you just, like, wait, like, one second longer or take it one second back. So I do like to play with those horror elements. And yeah. That was my my mindset with Pistachio this season was just to lean more into that. And we we sure did. We sure did.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh my god. You know, we had the Dodo spider in season one, though. Yeah. I don't feel like we had too demented of a Dodo this time.
Rowan Collins: No. We had quackers.
Isaac Allen Burns: But we had yeah. We had quackers to really fill our hole in there. Yeah. So
Rowan Collins: Yeah. Yeah.
Joe Diametti: You did have 15 Dodo forms.
Rowan Collins: 15? I don't know if that's No.
Joe Diametti: No. I was that was just me exaggerating. Watch it be 15.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. I don't know. No.
Isaac Allen Burns: I I was about to be really, oh, wow. 15. Wow.
Joe Diametti: I don't know. But you I feel like it was like every other episode. You had a new Dodo for me.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. I did. I had a Choco do Choco dodo.
Isaac Allen Burns: Choco dodo.
Joe Diametti: Cut to it.
Rowan Collins: Pistachio Marcus Dress to turn into a a Chocobo Dodo, essentially, and just, like, go under him and, like, pick him up and pull out a little riding chocobo and just, like, walk him.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, it's like my horses.
Rowan Collins: If you kick me, I swear to god. We had the chokecheetah the dodo cheetah.
Isaac Allen Burns: We had the dodo dodo cheetah.
Rowan Collins: Dodo puss.
Isaac Allen Burns: Dodo puss. The dodo octopus.
Rowan Collins: The Dodo pangolin. And, like, beast forms into a dodo Pangolin, which rolls out into
Joe Diametti: A what?
Rowan Collins: Dodo Pangolin. So if you have What are you what? A Pangolin.
Joe Diametti: A Pangolin? Are you so you're not saying penguin?
Rowan Collins: No. A Pangolin. Pangolin.
Joe Diametti: Did you turn into the bear again?
Rowan Collins: I did turn into the
Joe Diametti: That was just the season because you did it twice, though. Yeah. Dodo bears five.
Rowan Collins: Dodo bears five. We did a Dodo ostrich, which is basically a
Joe Diametti: Dodo ostrich. But yeah. It was
Isaac Allen Burns: a Dodo ostrich, which I think we got some mileage out of because you were, like, yeah. It's just like a big Dodo.
Rowan Collins: Yeah.
Joe Diametti: Right.
Rowan Collins: Right.
Isaac Allen Burns: And then Yeah. Six.
Joe Diametti: Slime. Did you ever turn into a regular Dodo this week?
Isaac Allen Burns: No. No. We we somehow missed you know, at this point, I feel like now we have to save the regular Dodo for something special. Also, have to say, like, the very first Dodo was like a sniffer Dodo. So it was like it probably had like a big nose.
Rowan Collins: It's like a Dodo plot hound is what somebody drew of it.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh. Dot yeah. Dodo plot hound. So it's like a bloodhound, but it's a Dodo.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. There's been some people live reacting to the entire season. And I think it was Sixla who said Dodo plot hound. And I was like, That's what that's what it is.
Joe Diametti: Join our Discord. Link in the description.
Rowan Collins: Link in the description.
Isaac Allen Burns: The but yeah. So Dodo forms are fun. And speaking of NPCs, I think the the other important NPC I introduced this time that obviously has some relevance is the Spectre.
Rowan Collins: The Spectre. I thought you were gonna say Father Charles. But, yes,
Isaac Allen Burns: the Spectre. Oh, that's right. Him too. But the Spectre. But never really excited. Charles.
Joe Diametti: Yeah. Yeah. Spectre was good.
Isaac Allen Burns: Spectre was fun. I especially like how I finally got to be like, he strikes a pose and says, I'm the Spectre. He strikes a pose and says, yes. I'm the Spectre.
Joe Diametti: Holy shit.
Rowan Collins: This guy.
Isaac Allen Burns: I just like And then he knows Cappy. He knows Cappy.
Rowan Collins: He does know Cappy.
Isaac Allen Burns: He knows Cappy. Cappy seems to know him, maybe. Oh.
Rowan Collins: What's that all about?
Joe Diametti: What's gonna happen?
Rowan Collins: I don't know. But I did like that Ice called your ass and said that he was our knock off Sonic the Hedgehog. Oh, a 100%.
Isaac Allen Burns: And really glad because I wanted I, you know, I wanted a I wanted a Sonic and I got my Sonic.
Rowan Collins: You got your Sonic.
Isaac Allen Burns: Was that the goal? Yeah. Kind of.
Rowan Collins: There's the, like, him tapping his little foot as looking at his watch. Where did you wanna take Clover?
Isaac Allen Burns: His arms are crossed and he's tapping his foot really impatiently.
Joe Diametti: Yeah. I think we're kinda done with your thing, dude.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. He's, like, impatient. The way he keeps talking is very like, come on, man. And I didn't go full blown with the voice, but that's because you can't give the game away immediately. You can't flanderize right away. Mhmm. Right. So by the time season five comes around, he's gonna have big hair like Sonic. He's gonna be running so fast. Mhmm. Nice. Way past. Cool, man.
Rowan Collins: Oh my god. Does he know Miles? Does he know Knuckles?
Isaac Allen Burns: Hey. There's only one way to find out.
Joe Diametti: Is where did he say if we were ever at we could get him? Regulus. Regulus. That's right. Of old
Isaac Allen Burns: days.
Joe Diametti: That's where wasn't that where fuck nuts came from?
Rowan Collins: Fuck nuts? Fuck nuts.
Isaac Allen Burns: Which one? Who did Annie create? There's a lot of fuck nuts. Craig? No. Who did Craig no. I know Annie created.
Rowan Collins: Adrian? No. Sorry. Okay. Hang on. Everyone relax.
Isaac Allen Burns: Listen. There's a lot
Joe Diametti: of fuck
Rowan Collins: off with this. So okay.
Joe Diametti: In season two Okay. Episode three, cut two, we start with I'm I'm I'm making Rowe and have to cut all of these these clips in like we did with the last season of Hawkeye. I appreciate The the the one where Annie came up with, the the guy in Regulus. Mhmm. Right? What's his name?
Rowan Collins: Oh, fuck.
Joe Diametti: Oh, Byron Stormwater.
Rowan Collins: By all
Isaac Allen Burns: nine gods, Byron Stormwater.
Annie Hawthorne: I don't see Regulus on here. Are you sure that that's the name of the capital of How our great do you spell what what letter does it start with?
Isaac Allen Burns: I have an idea for the next bullshit. I'm gonna pull on y'all for that in a similar vein.
Rowan Collins: So excited. I'm so excited.
Isaac Allen Burns: It's gonna
Joe Diametti: be great. Awesome. Awesome. If it's reading, like, it will be You're never gonna get to do a reading one.
Rowan Collins: I know. Wait. I know I'm never gonna get
Isaac Allen Burns: to do The reading next one is either gonna be Joe or a mystery someone else who knows.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. Oh, no. Yeah. Mystery. Mystery.
Isaac Allen Burns: Unless they're all I think they are Mystery.
Joe Diametti: Or we could just make, like, the sentences not actually make sense and then give it to Rowan. That'd be fun. Oh. And the words, like, they're just, duh fountain yesterday, I sniffled poor. And then Rude. Wow. Okay.
Rowan Collins: Gracious. He feels personally called out.
Joe Diametti: Other NPCs that were important.
Rowan Collins: Father Charles.
Joe Diametti: Father Charles.
Isaac Allen Burns: Father Zagan Charles. Father Zagan Charles is a elven man with slicked up green hair.
Joe Diametti: With his green hair.
Isaac Allen Burns: With his green
Rowan Collins: With his green hair.
Isaac Allen Burns: You know, I don't know why.
Joe Diametti: Why that bothers me. Green hair? Who who drew it for me and I was finally like
Rowan Collins: Me. I drew it for you.
Joe Diametti: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. But was it you were you the one that I was was it you? Yeah. Okay. I'm sorry.
Rowan Collins: Wow. Really? No. No. No. Was.
Isaac Allen Burns: Okay. You're right. Did you actually draw Rowan?
Joe Diametti: I do. No. Because I remember
Isaac Allen Burns: Chat GPT drawing.
Rowan Collins: Oh my god. Those are fighting words. Self away.
Isaac Allen Burns: That. Alright. Here's where we
Rowan Collins: alright. It's it's the gig's
Joe Diametti: up the gig's up. Sorry. All of our artists chat GPT.
Rowan Collins: I'm literally about to fight both of them. Get out of my house.
Joe Diametti: All of the art, all of our bits, the writing, and Isaac's GM ing.
Isaac Allen Burns: No. Am actually this is big big news. Me, Isaac, I am a I am ChatGPT.
Joe Diametti: Yeah. Actually, yeah. Yeah. Isaac you
Isaac Allen Burns: ask ChatGPT a question, I'm the one responding to you.
Joe Diametti: Just feverishly on the other side.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. I mean
Isaac Allen Burns: It's not a deception. It's just good business.
Rowan Collins: There's there's there's a comedian on the Internet who is just, like, instead of asking Chad GPT, just ask your local gay to make something up and you'll get the same result.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, yeah. That's right. So send your questions to me at chat g p t dot com. Oh,
Joe Diametti: god. Anyways, back to your compliment that I started sort
Rowan Collins: of not as a compliment. But,
Joe Diametti: like, well, because I feel like you had multiple iterations of father Charles. Right? You let's draw him differently twice. No. Okay. I don't know. Listen. You finally drew it and I was like, okay. I get it.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. I just didn't the
Joe Diametti: green hair thing, I don't know.
Rowan Collins: It really bothered me.
Isaac Allen Burns: There's it's fun because, you know, classic Homestar Runner bit about anime where they're like, you gotta have blue hair. Right. Mhmm. And I think about that anytime I watched an anime and you see just a bunch of faceless brown and black haired nobodies. Right. And then the protagonist with just insane hair.
Rowan Collins: Mhmm.
Isaac Allen Burns: And then you're like, that person is important to the story.
Rowan Collins: Are the elves just like our characters that are anime characters and they're gonna have green green and brown and blue and pink hair?
Isaac Allen Burns: You know, I think so.
Rowan Collins: Okay. I
Isaac Allen Burns: think elves are just gonna have wild hair because I don't respect them. So they should have him sitting here.
Joe Diametti: You really built father Charles up to be a respectable guy.
Isaac Allen Burns: It's true. I did.
Joe Diametti: It's true. Did.
Isaac Allen Burns: So are you lying or
Joe Diametti: is he lying? Or
Isaac Allen Burns: You know, that's a great hey, you know, who knows? Who knows the machinations
Rowan Collins: of the most sexy elves? GBT.
Isaac Allen Burns: Listen. You can't ever trust elves.
Joe Diametti: Yeah. Alright.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. But I
Joe Diametti: feel like
Isaac Allen Burns: You can father Charles, though.
Joe Diametti: Can I? Mhmm. Okay.
Rowan Collins: You can trust father Charles,
Joe Diametti: and he's
Rowan Collins: the exception.
Isaac Allen Burns: Not all elves are bad.
Rowan Collins: That Not all. Proves the rule.
Isaac Allen Burns: But I did I did wanna give him green hair because I felt like I needed I needed some wack something wacky.
Rowan Collins: Or because you based him after another character. Shut up.
Joe Diametti: Shut up. It was the green hair with the white like, I couldn't I for some reason, mentally, I was just like, this guy is lame as shit.
Rowan Collins: Did I show you the character that he's based off of? And then
Isaac Allen Burns: Relax. He's based off of my own imagination.
Rowan Collins: Uh-huh. Original character, do not steal.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. My OC. My OC. Uh-huh. But yeah. So father Charles is fun because, again, you faced a foe at the start of season two who knows a lot well beyond y'all. Right? Mhmm. Father Charles is at the same level as those people you fought, but is coming to y'all as a friend. Right? And that's, I think, a big part of the political machinations of everything. It's that you will interact with multiple factions and people who are more strong than
Rowan Collins: y'all Mhmm.
Isaac Allen Burns: Who represent something greater than y'all, but are still allies Mhmm. Or at least for now. I miss Ash.
Rowan Collins: I also miss Ash. I was thinking about that.
Joe Diametti: Yeah. I really thought we were gonna see Ash again. Like, I thought that was gonna be the thing that it kinda led to. Yeah. Again, you subverted up expectations and I the ending was good. But I I thought we're gonna see Ash again. Also, like, the fact that Nefany is with him.
Isaac Allen Burns: Aj looks over at a soldier dressed in black who's currently dusting themselves off and standing up. He looks and says, what did I tell you? You weren't as close to him as they were. You see, the soldier pulls off their helmet to reveal Nepheny.
Joe Diametti: Yeah. That's I feel like Yeah. That's gonna be great.
Rowan Collins: Where are they?
Joe Diametti: Eventually comes back.
Rowan Collins: I'm so excited.
Joe Diametti: Ol' Nefany.
Rowan Collins: Although, I think he he couldn't attend because of personal reasons.
Joe Diametti: Why are you looking at him like that?
Rowan Collins: Right? Because What do you know? Well, because you just said that the other person couldn't be there because of personal reasons.
Isaac Allen Burns: Sorry. The third couldn't be here. I think he has personal ties to this. Oh, well, Yuri in the fight is like, I'm sorry. The third couldn't be there. I know he's got personal stakes in this.
Joe Diametti: And Ashe is the third?
Isaac Allen Burns: And that was me cluing y'all into Ash's name. Yeah. The third what? We don't know yet. But, yeah, that was me cluing that connection in there.
Rowan Collins: Personal stakes.
Isaac Allen Burns: Sometimes sometimes I know what people will say, and then there are sometimes, like, between Yuri and father Charles. And I think while I was thinking it up in my head, I was like, yeah. And then they'll say something prop relevant. And then I got there, and I just distinctly remember, you know, what would they say to each other that could be interesting and not me just talking to myself? And so it just wound up being Yuri saying fake things and being like, that's good enough. I don't know what to say, actually. What would they
Rowan Collins: say other than, hiya. Unless they knew each other.
Isaac Allen Burns: Maybe they did.
Joe Diametti: They clearly knew
Rowan Collins: each They they're they're exes. They're all in a, like, dirty ex drive.
Joe Diametti: Didn't I didn't get that. Everybody everybody
Isaac Allen Burns: in the world has fucked each other, and that's why everything's just messy. You know? That's right. Everyone Alright.
Rowan Collins: New ship. Father Charles and Ash. They have not met each other, and I want it.
Isaac Allen Burns: But no. They you would get the sense they knew of each other, but they probably haven't met each other personally.
Rowan Collins: Got it.
Isaac Allen Burns: But now they have. Now they've battled. And in a way, isn't a battle just
Joe Diametti: Yeah. I'll finish it.
Rowan Collins: You gotta finish it.
Isaac Allen Burns: So another
Rowan Collins: NPC that I realized.
Isaac Allen Burns: Speaking of NPCs, just think about all the NPCs I've made. I also like Michelle just because
Rowan Collins: Oh, yeah. Love Michelle.
Isaac Allen Burns: See the goblin behind the desk says, hi. You three are you three are the Bracken Road adventurers. Right? Yeah. Sorry. It's just I figured y'all weren't gonna come. I thought Why wouldn't we come? Well, it's been, you know, a couple weeks. Yeah. That's alright.
Joe Diametti: That's alright. That weird.
Rowan Collins: It was
Isaac Allen Burns: Okay. That's what I was about. No. Wait. Wait.
Rowan Collins: Wait. No. I I
Joe Diametti: Michelle was a nice change of pace after Cyrus.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. Yes. Because I wanted y'all to see, like, a competent administrator of Pay. Not that Cyrus wasn't. Pay. He's competent in different ways.
Joe Diametti: Okay. Alright.
Isaac Allen Burns: But, like, you could tell the difference when someone has their shit together and, like, has information.
Joe Diametti: Cyrus was going through it, clearly.
Isaac Allen Burns: Yeah. Cyrus was going through it. Also, Cyrus was keeping things to himself, clearly.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. I wonder where Cappy got that. No. I
Joe Diametti: know. I was glad you said it because I was almost gonna say it. And then I was like, when you were saying it, was like, oh, it's so much cooler that Rowan's so and now I'm sure I've completely squandered that by commenting
Rowan Collins: about I love it. Yes. Give me compliments. We're gonna
Joe Diametti: do on the with the meta commentary.
Rowan Collins: Meta commentary.
Isaac Allen Burns: Okay. And this is the last NPC I'll talk about because I'm realizing just how many NPCs I'm putting this season. Oh. But my I think my favorite NPC of the many favorites I have Yeah. Is Dandelio O'Toole. Yeah. Dandelio O'Toole. Certainly not involved at all with the Confederacy of Armada. Oh. Oh.
Rowan Collins: Again, you have subverted my expectations because I thought you were gonna say Cerulean. Cerulean.
Isaac Allen Burns: My name's Cerulean Prism, and I'm trying to find out what Clover of Towers is. That that little nerd.
Joe Diametti: Cerulean is nobody's favorite.
Isaac Allen Burns: There's too many
Rowan Collins: of I'm
Joe Diametti: just kidding. He's okay.
Rowan Collins: So I
Joe Diametti: I don't know why I'm so committed to this bit.
Rowan Collins: That, like, you hate Cerulean.
Joe Diametti: Yeah. Because I don't. Captain like, I don't.
Rowan Collins: He's quite just a fucking nerd.
Isaac Allen Burns: Okay. So I think And
Joe Diametti: I like nerds. I'm a nerd.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. You're fucking nerd over here.
Isaac Allen Burns: Play a fucking I'm a fucking DTRBGs. Yay. Season three, we have opportunities to have more NPCs from season two come in, more than we had season one.
Rowan Collins: Oh, got it.
Isaac Allen Burns: We've met the cast. You've met the cast. There's a bunch. Yeah. The fun thing is that I love having characters skip arcs. So for instance, we didn't see a lot of Scarlet this time.
Rowan Collins: Oh, but we might see more Scarlet this time.
Isaac Allen Burns: Probably gonna see more Scarlet in 2003.
Rowan Collins: Especially since Or
Joe Diametti: so is that is that a confirmed season three continuing in
Rowan Collins: El Genibi?
Isaac Allen Burns: Season three. Season three. The plan right now is that you will be in El Genibi at
Rowan Collins: the start. Whoo.
Isaac Allen Burns: Trying to decide how much of a time jump there will But yeah. Because there's some things there are because there are threads from season two that need to be resolved.
Rowan Collins: And Like, Kathy assassinating major best lizard.
Isaac Allen Burns: Potentially, you know and, you know, who knows exactly who killed Rich Apple person?
Rowan Collins: Oh god. Oh, no.
Joe Diametti: Oh god.
Rowan Collins: Oh, no. Alright. Alright, guys. So
Joe Diametti: I Who actually witnessed? This is a season two talkback.
Rowan Collins: That's a season two talkback.
Isaac Allen Burns: Talkback anyways. We're
Joe Diametti: we're I will more spoilers for a thing that we haven't even done yet.
Rowan Collins: Don't even know yet. Oh, okay. So two things. Number one, we didn't have some questions about season two. Okay. Would you guys like to go through some questions?
Joe Diametti: I think we should we have them on paper. Go edit that out. You don't need to edit that out.
Isaac Allen Burns: Oh, fully. Yes.
Joe Diametti: Look at that. We got the papers here.
Isaac Allen Burns: Feels good paper.
Rowan Collins: Joe is watching my iTwitch because I've been doing editing. I'm like You
Joe Diametti: don't need to edit that out. That's a good sound.
Rowan Collins: That's a good
Joe Diametti: It shows that we we really Rowan printed these out.
Rowan Collins: I did.
Joe Diametti: Rowan highlighted Yep. Color coordinated.
Rowan Collins: I sure did.
Joe Diametti: And now, you got the sound on the podcast. Yeah. It's like you're sitting in the room with us. It's like you're holding these papers.
Rowan Collins: You're holding these papers. I've printed them out for you. Don't you like them? They're very soft.
Isaac Allen Burns: Alright. So Rowan, would you like to emcee these questions
Joe Diametti: for us?
Rowan Collins: Sure. So the know. Don't him Okay. Great.
Isaac Allen Burns: Let secrets. Yeah. I've been see, this feels unfair because I have so many secrets. Uh-huh. I love playing with unspoken things. The only Balthazar name y'all knew was Wolfgang Balthazar. Mhmm. The eldest son of the former now dead Viscount. Right?
Rowan Collins: Mhmm.
Isaac Allen Burns: And you only knew the other Balthazar brother as Major Balthazar.
Joe Diametti: Did you know that not Major isn't your first name?
Isaac Allen Burns: It's Walter.
Joe Diametti: That's that's a name. I would have gone with Major.
Rowan Collins: Mhmm. Mhmm.
Isaac Allen Burns: So I set y'all up because you were gonna see that letter, c w b, and in my mind, I was like, they're gonna think Wolfgang Balthazar. And then, oh, they're gonna suspect him, and then boom, it's gonna be major. Because, like, I already had a guy named named Mayer. It wouldn't be. They might think, oh, major Balthazar. They'll be like, that's my title. It'll be a fun subversion. In the middle of the episode, y'all are like, oh, it's major Balthazar.
Annie Hawthorne: Copy that man that you talked to in Bracken Road the morning after, did you get his name?
Joe Diametti: I thought his name was Major.
Annie Hawthorne: I think that was his his title, his rank.
Joe Diametti: Oh.
Annie Hawthorne: I think that he wrote this letter.
Isaac Allen Burns: And in my head, I'm like, what the how? And they're like, yeah. Because and I think it's just like the names got reversed or whatever, but in session y'all were like, oh, is it is it the major Palazzoar that was there? Which kudos to y'all. And that that really stung a little bit. I was like, damn. They're like, two wrongs made it right here. But then it's fun because then when the episodes came out, I got to see the chat and people were like, Wolf came Palazzoar. Wolf came Palazzoar. So I got I got my
Joe Diametti: You got your big twist.
Isaac Allen Burns: I got my big twist. Can I
Joe Diametti: be completely honest with you? Yeah. Alright. Well, I don't even have to. I
Isaac Allen Burns: feel like I know what you're gonna say.
Rowan Collins: No. I don't think
Joe Diametti: you you wanted to say.
Isaac Allen Burns: Okay. Say it.
Joe Diametti: Because Because I don't think I said this the last time we talked about it on our Squawk Back from the episode. You were like, yeah. You guys called out that it was Major Balthazar right away. And even in editing that episode, I didn't realize it was Major Balthazar. I in my head, even when they said
Rowan Collins: Major Isaac didn't do what? I'm gonna take it off.
Joe Diametti: Even when they said Major Balthazar or even when Annie said Major Balthazar, I think, was the one who said it, In my head, it just I instantly translated it to Wolfgang Balthazar.
Isaac Allen Burns: That's beautiful.
Joe Diametti: So for me, it was a fun twist at the well, what you kind of played your cards afterwards when you were like, oh, you guys got me instantly. That's crazy. Yeah. And I like, what do you mean we got you? And then I was like, oh.
Rowan Collins: Oh. Yeah.
Joe Diametti: So, like but I do like that. What I like most about it was that it was literally you introduced him in the first episode of the season.
Isaac Allen Burns: Major Balthazar is talking to you both. I've already sent word to the capital, so they'll know to expect all of us will be using the Balthazar Manor Lawns for more than just aesthetics, I'll tell you.
Joe Diametti: And then we didn't really see him again until he was the bad guy at the end. And to me, that is some classic good Scooby Doo, like, whodunit bad guy shit. Like, you made you met him once, Cappy got in an argument with him, and then boom, he was the big bad of the season.
Rowan Collins: Well, he was also at the Apple Festival too.
Isaac Allen Burns: He was.
Rowan Collins: He was at the Apple Festival. I've been relistening because people have been relistening. So that's fun to listen back to. But, yes. He was at the Apple Festival and acting, like, slightly weird. So Yeah. Yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: Crazy. And that's the fuck look, because at the because at the penultimate episode, y'all had y'all saw the double doors. Who was gonna be behind those double doors at the end? Who's in the final room where it all happens? That was the question I wanted y'all to wonder.
Rowan Collins: Where it happened?
Isaac Allen Burns: And it was Major Balazar, Edmund Zechtan, and Rich Apple person. And then a bunch of other people. But those were the main three people. Bunch of other people that, you know, you didn't you couldn't have expected.
Rowan Collins: Right? Exactly.
Joe Diametti: What were you what what about you?
Rowan Collins: The Secret. It's Carmen clocked that Crank was, I guess, Adrian's bestsell.
Isaac Allen Burns: Adrian says, Crank, I made you for a beautiful purpose. I knew one day I'd die earlier than I wanted. The research you've helped me discover, the transferring of anima through Novocite will be remembered for a very, very long time.
Rowan Collins: Like, early in the in us, like, recording
Joe Diametti: Well, that was, like, five episodes of
Rowan Collins: this was, show. Like, season one. Yeah. Like and I did not look her in the eyes. Then and then I, like, as we started recording, had that in the back of my head. So I'm very glad that that came out by the end of season two, because there is no way in the world that I would've been able to keep that under wraps.
Joe Diametti: You know what's so funny about my partner, Carmen? Yeah. Is she loves listening to the, like, actual episodes of the show. Mhmm. She won't listen to this. She won't, like
Isaac Allen Burns: oh, and there's so many
Joe Diametti: of these where we're just, like, giving her compliments, and she just won't listen to them. I don't know.
Rowan Collins: Carmen, listen to this.
Joe Diametti: She's more interested in the story than us talking.
Rowan Collins: Me too. Carmen, listen to this. I'm we love to hear. Wow. Was so quick. No. That was so quick. What about you, Joe?
Isaac Allen Burns: What about you, Joe? What secret did you have that came out?
Joe Diametti: Oh, Cappy's the secret that I was glad came out was that there was a lot regarding Cappy's past that I think has started to come out that I was glad has came out. Like, you know, that he kind of showed up at the Bracken Road Adventure Guild around like eight years old to case the joint, and that's how Cyrus found him. When he was about eight years old. And he's sitting across the street from the Adventures Guild, and he's trying to stake out the joint. That he was apparently a thief in some life beforehand. Also, yeah, casing the joint that he, at some point, wasn't a complete cappy.
Isaac Allen Burns: Right.
Joe Diametti: I guess, like, you know, he had this, like, idealistic, optimistic view on being an adventurer.
Isaac Allen Burns: Gabby, are you sure you wanna wear that jacket, though? It's gonna be so hot. I
Rowan Collins: look You can take it off.
Joe Diametti: I look so cool. You can't stand it.
Isaac Allen Burns: You think you look cool. Just say it.
Joe Diametti: Say it. Say you say you wanna wear the jacket. I might let you wear it. If you're nice enough
Isaac Allen Burns: The jacket might be a little cool. I may want to wear it a little bit.
Joe Diametti: Oh my gosh. That's so embarrassing for you.
Isaac Allen Burns: I love Kathy. You're so weird.
Joe Diametti: And, like, I always I kinda picture that, and maybe we'll get more into it. I don't think this is really a spoiler to say, but, like, to me, like, if he was a thief, I to me, it's heartwarming to know that the idea of being an adventurer Mhmm. Like, put him on somewhat of a good hopeful path.
Rowan Collins: Right.
Joe Diametti: And then, again, I think, like, a lot of the season was him kinda spiraling and, like, falling back into maybe some of those things that have been ingrained in him because it because he didn't have any familiarity, he tried to fall back into what's comfortable
Isaac Allen Burns: for him.
Rowan Collins: Interesting. Almost like being an adventurer in Brackenwood was like a mask that he put on, and then he fell back and
Joe Diametti: told Like, think he like, to him, I think he was like, I can be good. I'll be an adventurer.
Rowan Collins: Yeah.
Joe Diametti: And then, you know, when things started falling apart, he was like, well, I guess I'll just be a thief again. And that's like, you know, Scarlet calls him out.
Isaac Allen Burns: Scarlet pipes up and says, so you're back to being a thief now. And
Joe Diametti: I like the idea that, like, clearly him and Scarlet he's told Scarlet about his past. So maybe we'll learn more, but I was glad that a lot of oh, and, like, you know, like yeah. Like, him and Callie's puppy love.
CEO ZORAK: Yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: Glad you could spend a little bit of time not talking to your girlfriend and
Rowan Collins: enjoy spending time. Hey. Hey. It's not
Joe Diametti: it's not my girl. I I mean, Callie.
Isaac Allen Burns: See, Callie blushes, and it's like, Caleb, shut up. Shut up, Caleb.
Rowan Collins: They are doing the same with their faces, where they are getting flushed.
Joe Diametti: Cappy also blushes. He says
Rowan Collins: That was so sweet.
Joe Diametti: Yeah. It was cool. But yeah. So I'd say a lot of I was glad that finally some of Cappy's past came out.
Rowan Collins: Excellent. Do you guys think that was the hardest thing not to spoil?
Joe Diametti: What?
Rowan Collins: The things that you just said were
Joe Diametti: Oh, I still have so much You add with Cappy.
Rowan Collins: It's true.
Joe Diametti: I honestly if I'm being honest, I thought a lot more was gonna come out about Cappy.
Rowan Collins: Oh. Gotta give him little bits at a time. I
Isaac Allen Burns: know. We got seasons to go. We plenty. No.
Joe Diametti: I know. And exactly. For sure. For sure.
Rowan Collins: Alright. I wanna know everybody's top and lowest moments from season two, and how you feel in comparison to the end of season one.
Isaac Allen Burns: That question comes from Barbara Moosh on the Discord.
Rowan Collins: Hey, Barb.
Joe Diametti: Rowan, I heard you wanted to answer that first.
Rowan Collins: What? No.
Isaac Allen Burns: No. I think my lowest moment I could tell you exactly what Isaac's lowest moment was.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. It's a lesson.
Isaac Allen Burns: Was the moment in a flashback. I had to come up with the name of an adventurer who was famous. And I said, in
Rowan Collins: all of my imagination, Big Sword Robert. BSR. BSR. Big Sword Robert.
Isaac Allen Burns: You're gonna have to be better than big sword Robert.
Joe Diametti: And that I truly like, even when I heard it, I was like, this is really funny. I didn't think that people were going to latch onto it like they did.
Isaac Allen Burns: I the moment I said it in session, I I mentally face palmed because I was like, that's really the best I had.
Joe Diametti: We aired that episode, and then it was like, ping, ping, ping.
Rowan Collins: Pig sword Robert.
Isaac Allen Burns: Big sword Robert. Sword Honestly, I was like, I can't. And thank goodness that you kept in, I think, all of me, like,
Rowan Collins: Big Sword Robert.
Isaac Allen Burns: Well, yeah. That's because of problem. You know what, honestly, is I think I had Expedition thirty three on the mind, and that's what the gestrals named themselves. There's so many wells I could've gone to for good names. Mhmm.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. What
Joe Diametti: was your top then?
Rowan Collins: Yeah. What's your top?
Joe Diametti: You have
Rowan Collins: to answer the top.
Isaac Allen Burns: My top is anything that happened with Daniel O'Toole because I love being Daniel.
Joe Diametti: My man's about the bits. Your top and your lowest just
Rowan Collins: fit really good.
Isaac Allen Burns: I mean, honestly. You know, I just you know, in the moment, I'm just there, and I don't know. Also well, okay. I think my other top moment was having Ingleborg break up with Callie. Callie, I have been thinking in my time here, but I believe that you are too busy looking behind you into your past in order to look forward. This will be our last battle together. You breaking up with me?
Rowan Collins: That was fantastic.
Isaac Allen Burns: Because y'all were so much like, you're gonna break up with Ingeborg in a fight, aren't you? And I was like, that would be what you would expect, wouldn't it? But I
Rowan Collins: had I called my shot.
Isaac Allen Burns: I had to take it like once like a logical step forward of like Yeah. Mhmm. I can't have Ingeborg be this, like, sensible, like, very in tune with her emotions maybe too much kind of person.
Rowan Collins: Right.
Isaac Allen Burns: And have that happen to her.
Rowan Collins: Yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: So I went with what I thought was funnier.
Rowan Collins: That makes sense. That makes sense. Joe, you go next.
Joe Diametti: Okay. I swear we started this with our
Rowan Collins: own people. My
Joe Diametti: my top, I think, is probably just it's probably the manor stuff.
Rowan Collins: Oh my god. Yes.
Joe Diametti: I don't know why, but, like, I and I think you guys need to do coming off that session. Or, like, if I'm gonna do a top bit Yeah. My top bit was the good night. Good night, Pistachio.
Rowan Collins: Good night, Cathy.
Joe Diametti: Goodnight, Quackers.
Rowan Collins: What? Goodnight, Craig.
Isaac Allen Burns: Goodnight.
Joe Diametti: Goodnight, Crank.
Isaac Allen Burns: Goodnight. Goodnight, Crank. Goodnight, Cerulean.
Joe Diametti: Goodnight. New Yeah. New new new tag along.
Isaac Allen Burns: Goodnight, blue guy who is in his beautiful and amazing clover of towers.
Joe Diametti: I'm too tired to fight that.
Rowan Collins: My god. That was
Joe Diametti: my favorite. And I don't yeah. Like, that probably didn't really need to be there, but it was over my dead body was that good. I
Isaac Allen Burns: would
Joe Diametti: have fought anybody. So that was my top. My low my low is probably the bit where, like I mean, I don't know. It probably makes sense, but Cappy being mad at Pistachio again.
Rowan Collins: Aw. I
Joe Diametti: didn't yeah. I didn't I don't I don't know. Like, I think it was fine, but, like, it kinda bummed me out to do. And I don't know why, but, like, like, the whole, like, he's, like, turning away thing. Like, you know, like, oh, I'm gonna go sit here and talk to Callie about all the lore and I look over and I see Pistachio staring at us and I, like, slowly full away. So that's I mean, you did pull an amazing move out of it. And I think it was fine. It was good for the story. But, yeah, that's probably the low, I'd say.
Rowan Collins: I that that makes sense. Yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: I'll run your Tinder.
Rowan Collins: I was trying to think of my tops and my lows. I think my tops I actually think as somebody has dubbed I think it was Muscles who dubbed Pistachio, which is which is sassy pistachio after after Cappy was being Oh, no. The fresh out was so good. Okay. That is also teamwork, I guess. Mhmm. Not with the team that you came with, but I guess fine teamwork. I felt on my game on that one. I actually would think my low is in the beginning of season two was actually right after I had my surgery,
CEO ZORAK: I think.
Rowan Collins: And I was, like, very, like, off. So, like, just before that, I think. I wish I could have done more. No one would even
Isaac Allen Burns: Put your thoughts in the comments on which episode you thought was really funny. No.
Rowan Collins: I wish I did more.
Isaac Allen Burns: Don't do that.
Rowan Collins: I wish I did more with the with funny bits around the town. But I think I was still on pain pills at that point. So yay yay having surgery. We got Two weeks after surgery.
Isaac Allen Burns: But will accuse me of being too mean to y'all. And
Joe Diametti: They're right.
Isaac Allen Burns: And I think I'll have way too much audio evidence of my TV. And they're right.
Rowan Collins: And they're right. Okay.
Isaac Allen Burns: Here's a quick one from Minor Thoughts. Did the Dodos level up from season two? Yes. They did.
Rowan Collins: Yay.
Joe Diametti: Did we?
Rowan Collins: We did.
Isaac Allen Burns: We will be season y'all will be level three Level three. For season three.
Joe Diametti: Okay. Remind me that I have an idea about that.
Isaac Allen Burns: Okay. Okay.
Rowan Collins: Alright. Great.
Isaac Allen Burns: Hey, Joe. Yeah. You have an idea about leveling up.
Rowan Collins: Oh my
Isaac Allen Burns: Keep that in mind. Okay?
Joe Diametti: Alright. Cool. Okay. Cool. Thank you.
Rowan Collins: What differences in energy and mindset did you all bring from season one into season two? I think we kinda talked about this a little bit.
Joe Diametti: Can I go? Yeah.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. Absolutely. There you go. You first.
Isaac Allen Burns: I'll go. Alright. So anyways Season
Joe Diametti: No. Listen. I here's truly I feel very strongly about this answer. You guys tell me if you agree.
Rowan Collins: Okay.
Joe Diametti: This was kinda weird. And, like, clearly, we're not, like, huge. Right?
Rowan Collins: Right.
Joe Diametti: But season one, we were literally nobody.
Rowan Collins: True.
Joe Diametti: Like, we had a like, I could count on my hand and have to take away a couple fingers how many people were actively listening to us.
Rowan Collins: Emma.
Joe Diametti: Emma. Matt.
Rowan Collins: A Bound.
Joe Diametti: Josh. Yeah. And, like, just there was a very fine few. And so, like and really, I I feel like we progressively were growing.
CEO ZORAK: Yeah.
Joe Diametti: But when that was happening, we were all recorded. Yeah. There was everything was locked, loaded. Like, it didn't really matter. We weren't gonna rerecord.
Rowan Collins: Right.
Joe Diametti: So it was episodes were coming out as people were finding us, and it was really great. But those things were done. We recorded it as literal nobodies.
Rowan Collins: Yeah.
Joe Diametti: Right?
Rowan Collins: Yeah.
Joe Diametti: And then season two, it was different. Like Yeah. Like, by that point, Spencer shouted Dodo born out
Rowan Collins: True.
Joe Diametti: In preparation for the launch of Daggerheart. And, you know, all these people were really finding us and vibing with what we were doing. So, like, that energy, I think, was weird. For me, personally, two felt different.
Rowan Collins: That's fair. Like, being perceived Right. If you will.
Joe Diametti: That's yeah. That's probably the easiest way to say it. Like, I was aware. It was like, oh, like Yeah. There are people that are going to listen to this and decide if they like it or not. And Yes. That was interesting.
Rowan Collins: I do think that that that is very true. I I felt that a little bit too. But I've been performing, you know, since I was a kid. So
Joe Diametti: Humble brag.
Rowan Collins: Humble brag. Stage performing. No. Life is a performance, guys.
Isaac Allen Burns: God. The world is a stage.
Rowan Collins: The world is a no. I have Pistachio fleshed out more in my brain. Like
Joe Diametti: Is this your answer for the energy?
Rowan Collins: Yeah. I have Pistachio fleshed out more in my brain. So their their thoughts come in more second nature to me. So I felt less that I was, like, trying to build the blocks of who this person was, which was, like, that nervous energy that kinda, like, I feel like I had in season one. And now season two, I'm like, okay. I know who they are. I know how they're gonna react. I feel like I feel like
Joe Diametti: I feel like you and I are completely
Rowan Collins: Really? Yeah. Yeah?
Joe Diametti: Yeah. I think, like, once Cappy got out of like, I in Bracken Road, I knew who Cappy was. I knew what he would say. I knew what he would do. Yeah. And the moment I got out of it, I felt, yeah, I felt like me and Cappy were kinda like Woah. Damn. That's cool. Yeah. It's the vibe?
Rowan Collins: That's the vibe.
Isaac Allen Burns: You. Isaac. You know, big city versus small city was my thought. And, you know, season two was a little more serious, I felt like. So season one was a little looser. So I'm gonna go on back going back to being loose now. I think we've had we've had our, like, moments, but now y'all are back as a team. So now I feel like, in season two, I really wanted to, like, give y'all challenges to overcome as a team. And so that was sort of my mindset, I would say.
Rowan Collins: That makes sense. Did the PCs, specifically Cappy and Pistachio, end up where they thought you thought they would by the end of the season?
Joe Diametti: I'd say eighty five nine 85%. I don't know. Truly, I try not to think too much of that. I would say I'd say if, like, I'm looking at it holistically, eighty five percent, yes.
Rowan Collins: Eighty five percent, yes.
Joe Diametti: I really thought Cappy was going to have a mental breakdown. Yeah. Like, that was what I was trying to get to with the the panic attacks and stuff. Yeah. But it just didn't seem to really completely manifest.
Rowan Collins: Yes.
Joe Diametti: In parentheses. Right. So yeah. What do No. You
Rowan Collins: I did not expect Hazel to get zapped zapped.
Isaac Allen Burns: Because as she grabs onto the staff, there is a beat of silence of nothing but the footsteps of father Charles running over. And a beam of light shoots up into the ceiling, into the sky, and Hazel's holding on to it. Her eyes begin to glow the same kind of jade green that makes up the staff. You see that her holy symbol is shaking back and forth.
Rowan Collins: Mhmm. Didn't expect zapped.
Joe Diametti: Good zapped.
Rowan Collins: I didn't expect Wally to be in the mob. I didn't expect I didn't expect Crank to leave yet. So, like, no.
Joe Diametti: No. I mean, yeah, you're right.
Rowan Collins: I didn't expect any of that.
Joe Diametti: Down to 10%, I think.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. I think I think I knew Pistachio was just gonna get a little bit more unhinged. And boy, do they. But, like, I didn't I didn't expect that that to happen. What about you, Isaac? Did they end up where did we end up where you thought we would?
Isaac Allen Burns: Well, y'all ended up where I thought the season would end. But there were some things I thought would happen earlier that just couldn't just due to various story beats and due to the needs of where the season had to go. Mhmm. And so that's why season three is gonna start in El Genibai again just because there are some things that and I won't say what exactly, though I'm sure eagle eyed listeners will be able to call me on it. But I would say it ended up kind of where I expected, though. And and as far as the NPCs, like, kinda had in my mind, like, Gally and Ingeborg weren't gonna last. Y'all were gonna find Clover, and Cerulean was gonna be all about that. Mhmm. I don't think I expected Pistachio being like, oh, Clover. Oh
Rowan Collins: my god.
Isaac Allen Burns: That was really fun. Hi. Oh. Oh. By the gods, my head hurts. Oh.
Rowan Collins: Oh. Hi. Hi. Pistachio, hi. We're here to say to save you.
Joe Diametti: Are you okay? I feel
Rowan Collins: so
Isaac Allen Burns: saved. This cute little font in front of me,
Rowan Collins: Tanya. Cute.
Joe Diametti: What is happening? I do think that was fun. I do think it was wild that you were like, my sister just got yonked. Yeah. Oh, hey, beautiful.
Isaac Allen Burns: Honestly, Pistachio tried to put on his
Joe Diametti: I think Cappy was proud.
Rowan Collins: Yay.
Isaac Allen Burns: It's honestly it's Cappy. It's, you know, some Pistachio turning into Cappy.
Joe Diametti: I think I do think yeah.
Rowan Collins: So that's actually a comment that I had, which is I think season two, Pistachio had leaned into being more like Crank. And season three, I feel like they're gonna lean more into being more like No.
Isaac Allen Burns: We start season three. You're gonna be like, pistachio wakes up, and then Clover wakes up next to
Rowan Collins: the No. Oh, god.
Isaac Allen Burns: That's right. It's season three, pistachio thugs.
Rowan Collins: There's also a lot of clover pistachios in there. They team green, guys. Team green.
Isaac Allen Burns: Team green.
Rowan Collins: Team green. Yeah.
Isaac Allen Burns: That's right.
Rowan Collins: Yeah. For some
Joe Diametti: reason, that sounds
Rowan Collins: that's my baby. Alright.
Isaac Allen Burns: True. Pistachio's not a kid anymore, everybody. No. Pistachio's legal.
Rowan Collins: Oh god. Pistachio's always been legal. Pistachio is is an an adult. Adult.
Joe Diametti: Could Could you you not not use use the the word word legal? Legal? Don't
Rowan Collins: Don't use use legal. Legal. Okay.
Isaac Allen Burns: That would feel gross.
Joe Diametti: Legal thons.
Rowan Collins: Oh gosh.
CEO ZORAK: Ew.
Rowan Collins: Ew. Please. Okay. What is the main thing you guys are looking forward to coming up in season three?
Isaac Allen Burns: Pistachio Wow.
Rowan Collins: That's what's not bad. I
Joe Diametti: could say a billion things.
Rowan Collins: Yep.
Joe Diametti: And if one of those happens, then cool. But, yeah, I don't know.
Rowan Collins: I don't know.
Joe Diametti: I I I wanna like, there's things I
Rowan Collins: don't know.
Joe Diametti: No. I don't know.
Isaac Allen Burns: There's a
Joe Diametti: there again, there's a million things that I think
Rowan Collins: Yeah.
Joe Diametti: I would love to see happen. But whether it's in season three or four or five
Isaac Allen Burns: I know what I'm excited about to happen in season three.
Rowan Collins: Oh, wow. What is it?
Isaac Allen Burns: You're gonna have to listen to season three to find out. That's our Squawk bag, everybody. We did it.
Rowan Collins: We did it.
Joe Diametti: Season two.
Isaac Allen Burns: Season two for your listening pleasure.
Joe Diametti: Season three comes out.
Rowan Collins: We have to.
Isaac Allen Burns: Insert date here.
Rowan Collins: Oh, we don't know yet.
Joe Diametti: Oh, we don't know yet. I would just cut it if season three comes out.
Rowan Collins: Editing tips too. Alright. Bye, everybody.
Isaac Allen Burns: Bye. See you. Hey. It's a podcast.