Elizabeth discusses Markiplier, Jacksepticeye and PewDiePie, the Father, Son and Unholy Spirit of Let’s Play videos. What accounts for their popularity? What can and should they do with their influence? And why is Karen so goth in this episode?
- Ahrefs top YouTube searches
- What is a Let’s Play?
- Our indie video games episode
- Our Fortnite episode
- How Minecraft broke YouTube
- The trinity: Markiplier, Jacksepticeye and PewDiePie
- Our memes episode, which mentions Markiplier E
- SocialBlade’s YouTube stats
- Catalyst Theatre’s Vigilante
- On the Media: The Global Culture War for YouTube Supremacy
- Game Theory by Matpat
- Freaky Friday: the original and the remake
- Riley J. Dennis
- ATB’s The Branch for Arts and Culture, where you can find Ben Spencer (listen to his new album, Bungalows!)
- The Edmonton Community Foundation, home of The Well Endowed Podcast, including Episode 38 with friend of the show Paula Simons.
You can subscribe to us in all the places, and most of them let you rate and review, too, which would be lovely.
Questions? Comments? Email us at email@example.com or tweet at us: @thatsathingyeg.
Many thanks to Unit B Coworking for the recording space and to our podcast host, Transistor.
Our theme music is Ragtime Dance by Scott Joplin.
What is That's a Thing?!?
A sometimes belated, already outdated guide to your teens, tweens and everything under 20. In each episode, Elizabeth, a teenager, explains a thing to Karen, her mother. And Karen tells Elizabeth how that thing relates to something she knows. Maybe.