The Editor: Time space, relinquishing podcast control, it's more than a linear audio track. It's a prism of endless possibility where a single edit can branch out into infinite realities, creating an alternate podcast from the ones you know, I am the editor. I am your guide through these vast, new, multitracks follow me and ponder the question. What If?
Leech: Hello and welcome back to another episodeof MCU Need to Know a podcast dedicated to the Marvel cinematic universe and everything you need to know.
Daniel: I'm Daniel
Leech: and I am Leech.
Daniel: How are you doing Leech?
Leech: Well, I'm doing great. I could not believe it is already time to talk about this episode. It felt like such a long time in between Loki and now, but really it went in a flash.
Daniel: Oh, absolutely. I totally agree. Um, I'm still riding the high from Loki. I think I'm still, I've been listening to different podcasts responses and then all of a sudden, what if is here? And, um, I'm, I'm excited. I'm ready to, I'm ready to start something new for sure. For sure. I'm, I'm really excited too, about this little bit of a, a break from the intensity of the shows, having these little segments that are. A bit easier to digest. Uh, I don't feel like I necessarily need to study every second of it, but I still do anyway. Uh it's it's just kind of a nice break and I think it's gonna, it's gonna be a fun ride. I really do think so. Yeah. I agree that the stakes it's it's, it's really fun. You know, I've talked about this before, uh, on the show, but I always love the, what if comics way back when, and I always liked thinking about that, you know, what if this character had, you know, had gone a different way or whatever, but at the same time, you know, it's a different, it's just a different format as the anthology. It's I don't want to say the stakes aren't high, but it's, it's, you know, I think you said it best sleep when you were like, you, you don't, you don't feel like you have to dissect everything in there, all of these implications and stuff. It's like, here's a story too on it. Enjoy. I kind like that.
Leech: You it, and think about the possibilities. Yeah. It's, it's been great because. I'm just a theorize or, I mean I'm after watching this episode. Yeah, yeah, yeah. If you didn't know, um, if you didn't know, but, uh, it's been nice to just kind of have that to build off of. It's like having a brand new Lego set, it's like, Ooh, new pieces. So it's been really fun, especially some things that, you know, we kind of knew were going to happen from the promos, but at the same time, We didn't know exactly what was going to happen, how so is, is really fun. It's really fun to come up with some new ideas and get the creative juices flowing for sure.
Daniel: Yeah. I think we're kind of already at our pre spoiler thoughts. So, um, if you had to like capture. Capture that in, like, in like a word, what do you, what, what did you think about the episode pre spoiler,
Leech: like a roller coaster, but not in the way that rollercoasters traditionally used. It felt like I was that the front of the, the train car kind of thing on the rollercoaster, my head smashed against the back of the seat. And it's going so fast that I'm just trying to hold on and keep on and, oh my gosh. Okay. What's next? What's happening. And it, it was fast. Yeah. It was, I couldn't look away. I couldn't feel my eyes off the screen, which is great. Not a lot. I can do that with all the media that's out right now. I mean, constantly, just media everywhere. You know, you're out constantly multitasking for this. Focused and I couldn't take my eyes away. That's awesome.
Daniel: That's awesome. Yeah. I, I watched it twice and it took me, uh, just if I'm being honest, took me to the second time to really enjoy it. Um, and I'm not really sure why the first time I think it was, I just felt, I didn't realize how much the old attachment. That you know, are present from the great love that we have for the MCU, how much they would pull at me while the episode was going on. And it wasn't until say the second watch where I could kind of let that stuff go and really start to
Leech: enjoy it. Right. Yeah. I mean, there, there are definitely moments like, but, but this is supposed to happen next and you just gotta be like, Nope. Yeah, let it go. Yeah, let it, yeah. I found, I found myself, um, I thought about my toddler because. We've definitely reached the why phase and yeah, and I felt like, what, what, what now what's happening? Huh? Like the whole time, like, oh yeah. Now what? Like the whole entire time. And that's great. That's what I, that's what I think it was set to do. Supposed to get you to think, I think it was supposed to get your, your brain ready for what's going to happen next. Yeah. So with that, do you have any, uh, remaining pre spoiler thoughts? Or can we head on into the spoiler zone? You ready? All right. Let's do it with a spoiler zone. We're going to play an audio cue. And on the other side, it'll be fair game for all spoilers in the MCU. So we'll see you on the other side, and we are going to break this up into the most important topics of the episode. Uh, Daniel, would you like to start? Yeah.
Daniel: So the first topic that we've identified. Um, which we, we agree is probably going to be a pattern going forward in these. What if episodes we'll see, cause we've only seen the first one, but, uh, and that is the choice, you know, in this one, we're going to focus on the, that, that small little moment when, um, agent. Makes that choice that we remember from captain America, the first Avenger to remain in the, uh, the area where Steve is getting the super serum, rather than going upstairs. I got to say, I actually vivid. I vividly remember this scene. And thought it was, it was interesting. It was like one of those little moments when it's like you, do you remember leach? D did they, in, in the first Avenger and the captain America movie, did they ask a bunch of people to go upstairs or is it just,
Leech: yeah, so I was actually going back and forth and rewinding and reminding, trying to capture like who everyone was. And like, did the doctor dire or not, like I was trying to kind of go back and see all like everything. Cause I have not rewatched it since the episode dropped. Cause it's only been a day, but um, I want to go to watch captain America again, because I feel like everyone was up in the box. Yeah.
Daniel: Yeah. And, and maybe she made the decision, which kept everyone down.
Leech: Was it the polite thing to do at the time if the lady stays kind of thing? Because I did think it was very weird. They all stayed, but it could've just been a, okay. I guess we're staying here and not going up, which I think is kind of crazy because they made a really big point of like safety goggles.
Daniel: Yeah. Yeah. That's right. I forgot to check your goggles. Yeah. Nobody wants to have to go in those hoops
Leech: and then maybe it was just one of those. I mean, they weren't quite ready yet for Steve though. So maybe we just caught it at that moment of like, okay. We're about to just like, for real usher, everyone else up. Cause it kind of felt like that weird point, but then the bomb was in that. Her saying that might've been the distraction that the bomber needed to place the bomb next to the feet of the professor. Yeah. Just that just might've just worked out like the minute she held that two more seconds of his attention, nobody was looking, they're all looking at her. The bomb was placed then. Yeah, no you're right. That could have been it. So it was like, yeah. It's like two different decisions that happened at roughly the same exact time. That really determined
Daniel: what I like is, um, just how. Kind of ordinary. The decision is, you know, the writers kind of use this to split off this, this really interesting story, you know, and there's a little bit of, it's a, I mean, a little bit farfetched farfetched, um, with the, uh, with the, uh, you know, there's like fire and it's like, We're going to lose the whole project. And I'm like, really like, okay. Yeah.
Leech: But you'll fire suppressant, uh, quality, like OSHA back then. But uh, can I something, I think this Peggy is the one that says no more. What do you mean? So in our original MCU, we have the Peggy that's like, okay. Yeah, I'm docile. I'm going to go upstairs. Like, you know, she still has her Peggy. She sells her agent card. But maybe this one was just like, no, I'm done with your crazy weird sexist microaggressions. I'm staying because I'm here for this and powers. Howard's like my bro. And I'm here for this plus Steve and I are close. Like, no. So that was just that weird split-second decision of I'm going to say no at this point. Yeah. And I feel like I can get away with it because I've got several allies in this room. Yeah, no, one's
Daniel: going to tell me and, and I agree. That's the vibe. I remember from the movie, like, like it's safer up there. The women belong up there, you know? And then the guy, so the, the, the, the, uh, the awful sexist general guy, right. Who's played by the actor from the Hulu series, the Handmaid's tale. He plays a significant, so you know who I'm talking about. He's awesome. And he's a really good actor and he is, he is. Kevin America, I believe
Leech: so. Is he. I'm pretty sure Flynn is, was it Colonel Flynn thing is Colonel Flynn in yeah. Colonel Flint in this,
Daniel: he plays such a jerk. Um, and just like every it's like, what could we have him say that we'll just, just like rankle people. Oh gosh, I don't see him. I'm looking through IMDV right now. I don't see him in, um, Bradley. Well, I don't see them in, um, the captain America movie,
Leech: apparently Tommy, uh, Tommy Lee Jones originally played him. So that was the one that's like with character. Yeah. So apparently that's the one that tossed the grenade. And what did he want to see that grenade? Yeah. Yep. So I did not get. I just found that out, looking it up. I did not get that from the animation at all. I couldn't exactly remember. I don't remember. I don't recall. I don't remember him being the, maybe, maybe in that random moment of defiance in front of all his peers, he was a little irritated at her little
Daniel: white, little, little, you know, male fragility,
Leech: man. You hate to see it,
Daniel: but, um, but yeah, they only it on thick, so, um,
Leech: it's, it's pretty much. The entire anything agent Carter has been in and all that sexism compressed into like a 20 minute episode. Like, just so you, you remember, like this was a bad time. This was not fun, little romp in, you know, like a fun captain America outfit. This was, this was not the best time. So it kind of gave that context too for Peggy to be like, I'm done, I've had it. Every single one of you, I'm also six inches taller than y'all
Daniel: now. So, so, but, but even there it's like, you don't need, it was at stark. It was like, you don't need heels anymore. Like, by the way, there's dead people lying around you.
Leech: One writers. Just so perfect. Oh my gosh. They were so car,
Daniel: what are you doing?
Leech: What are you doing? Don't mind me just, I'm just watching. Oh my gosh. So then we have, we have captain Carter then. So this leads us to captain Carter. Yeah, it was interesting. Howard's like, Hey, how's it going? And then we have this general, this. Or the Colonel who's just like, this is the worst thing that could've ever happened in the universe of anything. Yeah. I think that was to be expected as, yeah. But a lot, like, you know, Steve seemed pretty cool with it. I mean, Steve was also gravely wounded at that point, but they had their PT moment right after and they still seemed like just a team as they were, you know, they were roles
Daniel: reversed. And very consistent, you know, it was
Leech: consistent to the content of their character. For sure.
Daniel: Yeah. That's what I, that's what I mean. Definitely.
Leech: Yeah. I, I really appreciated that there was no like, oh no. Is this going to put a strain on their relationship? Because they're opposite sizes now? Like what would, what would that have done for anyone? So that was really fun to see.
Daniel: It's the same old, Steve.
Leech: Steve Steve's always been Steve, no matter what. I really hope people took that. Like, people understood that, like, this is kind of a big deal, you know, like Steve could have been mopey. He's like, I don't really want to work for my country and, you know, do what I can and do my part. And he could have just become an alcoholic after that. I don't know. So it was just. It was just really cool to see. I'm trying to
Daniel: think the speech to kind of like, cause we were supposed to be talking about captain Carter, but like we started talking about Steve and, but that's okay though. But like I, we were, when we were talking before we were recording, I said something about how like, Like when I first watched this, I didn't have as good of an experience, you know, in the, like, you know, the MC fanatic and me was like, shame on you. You need to enjoy everything. Always that MCU puts out. And so I was thinking about it, thinking about it, and I was just kind of hung up on, um, like letting go of like, I love captain America. I love and, and, and kind of letting that go, um, was. I guess kind of it sat with me more than I expected. Um, and it wasn't until I watched the second time that I really just let the show happen. And I really enjoyed the character of captain Carter and kind of saw her. In her kind of unique character as something of something new, you know, uh, than, than what even it, the characters consistent with agent Carter. She's got some great lines. Oh yeah. But, um, but it's just a unique take on the kind of super soldier captain Carter. Um,
Leech: what did you think? I mean, I loved it because I feel like that was definitely a situation where. Agent Carter, captain Carter, agent Carter has been, you know, treated like junk as we could tell from just any instance of her being in anything outside of, uh, what end game. But, um, cause at that point, you know, she was older and, you know, had respect when we had that, that moment in time when we had to go get more pin particles, but. I just feel like it was kind of a situation where Peggy's like, oh good. Now I'm armed the way I feel like now I gain your respect. And unfortunately it took all this and, you know, super soldier serum. But, um, I was bad-ass before then, but now you'll see it because it's in your face. So that was just, it just felt right in a way to like that. Both versions of Peggy were like how I think of her. Like, I've always thought of her as a superhero because she always tried to stick up for herself, but within the limitations of our time, unfortunately, but it was just really cool to see and it felt right. No,
Daniel: I, I, I totally, yeah. And, and, and, and to be able to. Like she's like captain Carter sounds nice. You know, she's like, you're going to call me captain Carter. I don't care if you're a
Leech: hurdle or whatever. And that kinda ties into the whole, like, you know, she's done, she's done with the crazy, like the microaggression, any kind of sexism stuff everywhere. She's just like, I'm I can say what I want. Yeah. And it's because I have something to say like, yeah, the captain comment, I was like, the captain has a nice ring to it.
Daniel: Or like when she, when she goes, uh, when she goes into, uh, to break, you know, Bucky in the, in the team out, and I can't remember his name, but he's like, he's like, oh, damn, Uh, you know, fight now and he's like, yep. And then she just rips the door and he's like, what are you? The queen of England? And she rips the gate off and that's it. Like, she didn't say anything. She just ripped the door
Leech: off, punch like three guards after that. And then there's like the Bucky comment and then the ripping of the thing off. And they're just like awestruck and horrified at the same time.
Daniel: But that's like, what? To, to your point though, like that's Peggy Carter. With like super soldier serum. It's like, yup. It's like, it's it's what did they say? Um, you know, the, the, um, the doctor he takes the man or the woman and it amplifies, you know, what's inside. Well, we
Leech: learned that in Falcon, in the winter soldier. Now it didn't mean, yeah. I mean that just, and that was another thing like, oh, this serum back then worked on kind of anyone. Like, we kind of already knew that, but that kind of confirmed it and that's. Again, solidifies the statement of it enhances who you actually are. Like that's a big deal. So the fact that we still had agent Carter was amazing.
Daniel: Yeah, I had, I mean, her just cause we're on captain Carter, her I'm like her. She had some great lines like, uh, um, you mind if I have a go, like she's going, she's literally sprinting next to a motorcycle and she looks at him and she says, you mind if I have a gun? She kicks him off, you know, um, just the humor in general was silly and, and, and spot on. I thought,
Leech: yeah, there was definitely that, that moment that really stuck with me was when she was told, um, this doesn't concern you, you're lucky to even be in the room and then she twists it and says the same thing back to the Colonel, um, at the very end. And I'm just like, oh, she, she knew exactly what she was. She was saving that one. She was talking about that one. She's getting ready for bed and brushing her teeth in the room. Like until you, like, she S that stuck with her. And I think that's another, another point. Yeah. That was all hitting her so hard and still she maintained her characters. Crazy. I'm just going to keep talking about that, cause it's just, it's impressive. It's a cartoon guys. I'm invested. If you couldn't tell this means a lot. This is, this is a female superhero giving, given this crazy huge mantle of captain Carter or captain America is now captain Carter and it's it's, it's really cool to see. Yeah,
Daniel: it fits the definitely is great.
Leech: So with captain card, Now we have Steve, who's just kind of like, I want to help still. So he's still Steve, so he's still Steve. And then we get, we ended up getting the Tesseract, which is kind of nuts. And can
Daniel: you, that detail alluded me? How did they just have it?
Leech: So before I'm trying to think. So the initial plan from red school I think, was to make a bomb out of it and New York. They intercepted early though, because they didn't make captain America, captain Carter do that, uh, that tour, that the bonds tour, she just went straight into action against order. And
Daniel: so she intercepted in the car. Right. Okay.
Leech: Now, remembering they intercepted. When did it was found out it existed versus like, oh, you know, we don't believe in captain. America is not worth anything, you know, bond stores and whatnot. And she just like, boom, I got it. Bam on your desk. And be like that set off another chain right there. Cause that changed. His whole plan, I think was, was the plan initially to open the gate? No, it was a nuke.
Daniel: Oh no. He made the gun. That would the, he made all these guns that like disintegrated people. And then he, he integrated that technology with the, with the bombs that he was going to drop on all, all the major cities. So, um, the change that the plan totally changed. Um, but I don't know. Yeah. I'm not really clear on when that happened, but, um, but in any case, you know, the test direct falls into Howard Stark's hands and that's what, you know, it accelerates the. Hydro Stomper.
Leech: Yes. Hydrus Stomper. That was a name I'd never thought I'd say, but it works. It's exactly what it was and how wild. Like when you see the T like Howard grabbed that Tesseract, it's like, oh, he's getting this how much time in advance from when he last had it, you know? And he has what ideas and he's motivated by the war. So, I mean, we end up with this, this hydro Stomper, iron man suit. That's, that's what it is.
Daniel: And, and like, is, is that just off the rails or did, was Tony stark, like w did these plans exist? But there just wasn't I don't know how well your iron man Lord.
Leech: So for context, I don't have any comic lore. I'm
Daniel: all seeing the movie, I mean, in the movies. So the
Leech: movies, so we have actually seen Howard point to a point where he's like, Hey, then I'm limited by the technology of my time, but here's plan halfway done. I'm sure that's not the only one he had for that energy source. So. I'm sure. Maybe, you know, daddy did some doodles on napkins or something. Like there was an idea there. And I, that, that was my first thought is like, this was an idea that was hatched. Maybe it was mumblings while he drove or something. But, um, I think Tony's idea came from somewhere. Cause there's no way Tony's like I'm in this, Dave, let me build an iron suit. Like that's a good idea. Um, so yeah, I, I liked that. I liked that ideas Canon of like, you know, Howard. Blueprints getting dust somewhere or, you know, doodling things of something that stuck with toady. Yeah. Especially with the idea of this mysterious power source that Tony actually never saw. So maybe, maybe dad talked about that or left, left his, uh, desk unlocked it a little bit. And Tony was nosy. I could see, I could see
Daniel: rifling through the papers in the, in the briefcase.
Leech: Absolutely. Absolutely. But it, yeah, it was, it was almost an identical model of that iron man. Mark one. Yeah. So that was, that was really cool to see. Also what was it made out of if it was indestructible? Because if they used all the, see, this is where I start going off the rails. If all the vibranium was in the shield, then what the hell was that made of out of? Cause it got, it's
Daniel: a rock and fused metal. Okay.
Leech: I mean, it's possible. Oh boy. I, yeah, I don't know. I, that thing was crazy though. And it was kind of nuts to see Howard, like, I know exactly what I'm doing with this. It's all built already, so that happened and it, it destroyed everything. Didn't it? At one point it crunched the, um, the tank, it just like, oh, like an aluminum can. Oh yeah. Yeah, that was, that was
Daniel: nuts. Ripping stuff off. I actually, that's a good, just reminds me of the action in this. Um, I thought it was fun. I thought the, the, some of the fight scenes were really fun, you know, showing, um, captain Carter going through a bunch of bad guys, you know, a bunch of Hydra agents. Um, and then that whole scene where they're taking out all the tanks. I really enjoy that. I thought they action.
Leech: If it being an animated show, but I feel like Peggy was brutal. She was like, she punched that guy in the knee cap.
Daniel: Oh, I love that scene.
Leech: It's was just like, I'm like, dude, if you just wanted to choke people for so long that you're just really happy to finally be able to do it. Like he broke his leg much more hands-on than I feel like cap was. Cause I feel like cap had a gun there for a hot minute and she did have that one moment with the gun when she was letting all the prisoners out. To look for that, but she's just like, I like feeling the crunch under my
Daniel: fist. But that the, uh, that that's one moment of the episode where I remember my wife is like, did they get a bunch of Disney animators to do this? Cause it was totally like a Gaston moment when you know, he's like, Ooh, he's in. And his face is all like cartoony. I don't know if you pick that up.
Leech: Yeah. Like that punch Pell kind of like, yeah.
Daniel: He's like, Ooh, I loved it. I was like, yeah, it was
Leech: Disney. It was a good mix of like Archer style animation. In like this comic book infused without it feeling too much, either way. Yeah. It was, it was really nice. Like, I, I, you know, as people know, I'm not very, at all really familiar with comic books, but I know what they are, and I know what some of the chokes are and some of the images are, and I recognize it. And I'm sure that those that are very invested in the comics. More than I ever did. So
Daniel: I haven't read the captain Carter stuff. Um, but in terms of how the animation they've made it, they made interesting choices, um, to, to, you know, the way the do and I'm interested to see, I, I don't know. I should probably do some research and it's like, whether or not it's the same animators every episode. Um, if it's like, like there are, there are other anthology animated series that I've seen where the animators are totally different. And so you get a completely different kind of Viagra visual. Yeah.
Leech: Like if the directors are different, if the animators are different. Yeah. Like it all could be. Yeah, that's a good
Daniel: point based on the promos. I don't think so. At least for the first couple or whatever. Um, but at least what we see with captain Carter, you've got like the, the 3d people figures, but at the background is more two dimensional. It's a little flatter and it stays kind of stationary. I enjoyed it. Um, it might not be for everybody. Lighting
Leech: was incredible. I'm sorry. Like, I don't know. Like, some people are going to be like, oh, the mouths were a little, you know, this, no, I, I was there for the lighting. That was crazy. The colors. It was rich, but it was also dark. It stayed with the color palette of the first Avenger, like, oh, That's beautiful.
Daniel: I hadn't thought about the mouths. It all Vivek for me,
Leech: well, it's always going to be weird, like video games, cartoons, animated series mounts, or weird mouths and eyeballs. But I feel like people have figured out eyeballs in the past, like 10 years. So.
Daniel: So I guess that the last, the last rabbit hole that none of these are really rabbit holes, but this one is, especially for you, leech is, um, is the, is the, the new reality that we have now that, um, you know, all, all these dominoes are falling. So what do we think, like, what were the things I guess, to, to kind of tap into this topic, what are the things that immediately jumped out to you? Um, as you were watching her, as you're thinking about it as it finished. Oh my gosh. What about this? Oh my gosh. What about this?
Leech: I want to know Steve's alive. That that's kind of an honestly good on them because that's all I wanted to know at the end of the first Avenger is Peggy alive. So the fact that I still ended up with that same feeling after 20 minutes. Is very
Daniel: impressive. That's remarkable. I hadn't thought of that, but you're absolutely right. You know?
Leech: Yeah. It carried the same weight. It was nuts.
Daniel: Her response too, is like we won the war, you know, it's like, it's very much in line with who captain is and then, and then yeah, that emotional core, uh, those
Leech: cool. Yeah, that was that, that really stuck out to me. But then it was also something that. You know, in Rick, here I go. You called it. What happened with shield? Because, okay, so you, you're saying you never lost the Tesseract. So you had the Tesseract this whole time, and yet it took you until modern day to open it back up. Also, are we with shield at this point? Because didn't Peggy like carry shield for however long until she retired.
Daniel: Yeah. Who like where, who, who did. Yeah. And then
Leech: did Howard even ever die? Did Howard do it because technically the winter soldier killed Howard? No winter
Daniel: soldier. Yeah. I mean, there's no Bucky, Bucky's not the winter soldier
Leech: old age or what? Yeah. So,
Daniel: so you don't, I mean, maybe they find a different way to take out Howard stark, but I mean, There's also the, the, you know, all the questions of like Hydra, um, in, in, in world, in, in the, in the, in the main timeline, I guess, or prime, um, you've got, you've got Hydra kind of, you know, running the show behind the scenes. So, I mean, yeah. Okay. My, yeah. Yeah.
Leech: You feel, you feel fried cause that's how I met. Oh my yeah. Cause it just ripple effects. Right?
Daniel: Yeah. And that's just, that's just in captain America land. Um, you know, and, and I know they kind of cross over because it was stark, but like, there's an iron man. There's already an iron man. And so where does that, where does that go? What kind of the fact that you brought up a good point? It wasn't until 2000, whatever, 2012, when they were able to open the test rack up, hasn't Howard stark had it for 70 years, you know? I mean, it, wasn't sitting at the bottom of the ocean. I guess he, he went and found it, so sure. So he went and found it, but I
Leech: don't know. I mean, you're going to have so many people that were so like, okay. Colson Colson was inspired by captain America is just magically inspired by, you know, captain Carter for D Colson never was never a thing. Cause shield was never a thing. So yeah. And it just starts
Daniel: fracturing, you know, like part of the reason why captain America was so memorable. Was because he was a figure for the us government to raise money in the original timeline. Right? Like he was paraded around for months and months. And so all the kids bought his comic books and his cars and watches, movies and stuff like that. And then he went and became a war hero, Carter, captain Carter just. She didn't do any of that stuff. So, you know, did she, was she a part of the popular imagination or was she just,
Leech: would that time even let her be a hero? That's a hurt. Yeah. I hate it. I feel like I'm kind of being a nag, always coming back to the women thing, but like, in this time it was really pivot. Like it was a big deal, so it's just, it's very impactful in my mind. Yeah. Maybe it was all under, you know, they never said anything. Oh yeah, there's this mysterious figure. And you know, never existed after a while. It was like she was gone. So
Daniel: text, um, in, in text, like so many people may comment. You know, like so many people make comments about her, uh, the fact that she's a woman, um, and a soldier, a soldier, what, you know, and then, um, the other thing is too, whereas like captain America, Steve Rogers goes down with the plane in, in a dramatic way. That story can be told with captain Carter. She a little disappeared through a portal.
Leech: Tentacle monster disappeared. The giant sword. Yeah. It was like just like fun. Yeah, no. Yeah. There's no way, but redeeming point how I knew who she was. Oh, that's true. That's true. That's captain. So I have, I have a little bit of faith that there's something out there. Like I want that, you know, captain Carter museum next to the hydro Stomper and, you know, you can walk through. And I mean that, I would love that if that, if that was the case and I'm hopeful just off of that one comment from, huh? So with that being said, do you have any stray thoughts? I know we've gone down our like little rabbit holes, but are there any like lingering thoughts or moments that you'd like to talk? Yeah.
Daniel: Um, the, the big one that, that I, I of didn't know where to fit it. Cause it's, it's, it's, it's just like a couple lines. Right. But it's, it's the way that the episodes. Bookended with the watcher. So, um, you know, Jeffrey Wright comes in with his, his fantastic narrator's voice. And then he talks about how the, the, the, you know, the timeline isn't, um, isn't linear, it's a prism. And I just thought that was a phenomenal image for understanding. In a, in a global sense where we are after low key in thinking about, um, what's what what's going on. You know, um, people have made comments on social media and other places and reported that, that what if is a part of the MCU it's it's cannon to, to kind of validate these characters that we're going to be introduced to, however that might shake out. Um, and so what the watcher says is very thought provoking to me. Just this idea of a prism. Like it's not, it's not even like a branch, you know, and after at the end of Loki, you've got these branches all converging and going off in different directions, uh, prism is, is very different. You know, you look through, and in that prison, there's like countless numbers of, of variations that shoot out, you
Leech: know? Yeah. Cause you can have like, oh, this person branched here and that person branch there or thing or whatever, but then they met up and then they broke apart again, like all of a sudden you have this. Mosaic craziness going on. I, I feel like this, this little series is going to be a very gentle hand-holding for people to understand what we mean by multi-verse. Because we're not joking. And so this whole, I feel like all of this is just going to be like, okay, so we kind of explained it in Loki. Um, but this, like, if you had a hard time grasping that there, that's fine. We're going to really explain it here. And this is what we're talking about.
Daniel: That is thank you. Oh my gosh. That is, that is like, that's like light bulbs are going off in my head right now. It's like, it's like a. It's like a, a primmer for the multi-verse. Yeah. That's
Leech: that's, it's like, we're not, we're not talking about like, you know, these little things. It's like, what if this, everything we've done told you is a lie.
Daniel: It's this and this. And this and this it's like yeah. And Quicksilver. Yeah.
Leech: Right. Yeah. So I feel like that's exactly what they're trying to do. And like, I see you Disney, like I see what you're doing and I'm okay with it because like I understood what we were talking about in low-key like I get it, but I'm really happy to see it. I'm glad that it's illustrated. Yeah. It's, it's, it's right there for you. I don't need to like lay in, lay in bed in the middle of the night, just thinking like, what if this happened? Because as I do, it's like they ran with it and they're doing it and they're showing you exactly what could happen in a moment.
Daniel: Yeah. What if this happened? What if, what if, what if I love it? Okay. How about that? That's my one big stray thought. Um, I've kind of dropped in a couple other ones. Um, love the Nick fury cameo. I didn't expect that didn't expect that. Um, and a pocket too, you know, and you get Huck. I had the line, um, that's captain Carter, but you know, Nick fury was like, I didn't expect that. Um, but what about you? Straight.
Leech: So I'm just like now what, because this is kind of that moment where like low-key appeared. So it's like, what is the context of this portal opening up? Like, you know, is it, you know, calamari lunch hour? Like what's going on? Like, why are we, are we looking into. Is this is this Hydra taking over shield and doing a covert project to bring that lifeform back in. Oops. Ooh. It's Carter. Let's pretend we're good. Like, I don't know. So I'm sorry. You're
Daniel: doing all kinds of stuff right now. Come back to earth leach. Come back to her. Oh my gosh.
Leech: Like, I, I just want to know, like, I want more and I think I'm just going to struggle with that because I'm not going to really get more, unless there's going to be like a cameo or
Daniel: something. I mean, I. I don't know. I mean, who the heck knows, but like, I, I wouldn't, I think it's, it's, it's plausible. I definitely think it's plausible the actors there, you know, she's like legit, real could do it and
Leech: give me more agent Carter. I'll be happy, happy. Like, that's all I want. And I think that just like brought that back up in my heart. Like, I really want more of that. Get more and more like more like season one, season one. That's great. Let's let's do it. But yeah, that, that's where that's what, uh, The show left me at is I just wanted more, which is good.
Daniel: Yeah. Should leave you wanting more.
Leech: It should, if it's doing its job, I also do want to know if Steve's life like that. I'm just going to keep bringing that up because it's just still going up my heart. I think he's probably in that nursing home. So,
Daniel: I mean, how old was Peggy? Like 90 Peggy was old. I mean, if he was like, if he was like 20, was he, was he like 18 or 19 or 20? How old was
Leech: he? He was older because he kept trying to get into the military.
Daniel: Was it captain Barnes was Barnes a captain. I don't remember captain major. I don't know. I mean, but, or Sergeant Barnes, Sergeant, it was Sergeant. So he'd been in for a little while. So, you know, he's probably in his early twenties. Um, and so fast forward, 70 years. Yeah, he's old. I think she was like 90. That for some reason, that number sticks out in my head that
Leech: Peggy was like, Steve would die from a broken heart. I'm sorry. That's true. Oh,
Daniel: it's like 24. Oh gosh,
Leech: no, but, uh, I, I really, it's probably going to be the same situation Steve held on. Maybe she'll. Put together by Steve and Steve's gonna, you know, oh, I had this long history and yeah, you can hang out on my death bed and kiss my niece or granddaughter. Oh Lord. That was in time. Yeah. We're going back in time. That see. Yeah. If, if we, for some reason, get some weirdness of like, oh, Hey, remember back when cap went back in time and didn't come back. And then all of a sudden let's like tie in all this multi-verse I can't, I can't handle it. Yeah. I can't handle it. That's I can't go back. Um, it's been kind of hard too with Falcon and winter soldier and then this cause it's like, can we just like, let Capco, is this it? Cause like it's bringing up. Like I miss him. I love Falcon in the winter soldier. I love the passing of the mantle, but I miss him.
Daniel: Yeah. And this one, this one kind of hit that. I think that's part of the reason why. As I was watching, I was like, I was feeling sad because Steve's all over this episode, you know, he's like, he's all over it. The whole team is back together. Yeah. And it's, it's, he's Steve without the super soldier serum and he's still Steve. It's still him. Um, and so I just, I just, uh, I feel, you know, Steve did get
Leech: like really bitter near the end, so it was like early optimistic, Steve. Yeah.
Daniel: Steve post civil war.
Leech: Yeah. Yeah, I think it was just like a good old get the gang back together feeling, and now we move on and it's okay. And I feel like we're going to probably see a lot of that in this series. I think there's going to be a lot of moments where we're going to hit that. Um, especially in the upcoming black.
Daniel: Yeah. That's going to be exciting. Um, yeah, that's good. Oh, I can't even, I don't want to think about that. Yeah. I can't think about that.
Leech: Dark notes. Any other stray thoughts? Nope.
Daniel: Nope. Nope. Thanks. Yeah.
Leech: Wow. You know what? I do have one, was there anything else you wanted to see? I mean, outside of like the, what could happen after, you know, was there anything else that kind of happened in that timeframe that you kind of wish we were able to glimpse upon?
Daniel: Um, let me see, I guess like what, like, you kind of know what happened. Um, after Steve disappears. With, you know, agent Carter and, you know, shield and, you know, you know, that things that things developed and happened in that I would like to see how, like, what that history looks like in this universe. And we've touched on that already, but I think that would be, I think that would be cool. I also thought that, um, the red skull was a little under, under D he was just underplayed. You know, it just, just in general in the episode, I guess it's like, oh, he's not doing this thing anymore. He's doing an interdimensional portal and he's kind of bring a big monster
Leech: through quick rush to him being a psychopath. Doing it for if you're in country and now I'm a psychopath and I'm crazy. And then crunch. So
Daniel: crunch was funny. That made me laugh.
Leech: That was, I mean, they're not showing, you know, blood and cuts and, you know, broken bone sticking out of arms, but they made that crunch sound. Accurate sounding from what I could tell.
Daniel: And that reminded me of one last really cool thing was captain Carter and her sword. I thought that was a great
Leech: touch. How have we not talked about
Daniel: that? Came out of nowhere, you know, did she pull it from the wall? Was okay. Yeah. Okay.
Leech: Yeah, it was like on one of those like, uh, mantle arrangements with like the shield and the, I think there's one or two swords, but. Ooh. She's lucky that wasn't a fake. Yeah, that is, that is a great look. Cause it's some of the
Daniel: shots with her, like holding it up.
Leech: It was just kind of, okay, this is silly and I'm sure people are going to make comments on this, but I'm just like, oh yeah, it's a shield. And normally you have a sword with that. That's just like, okay. I felt really silly thinking it. Cause it's like,
Daniel: thought I'm like, how did we never see captain America with a sword? Because you have a shield. It's a shield goes with the sword or whatever the animators, you know, the director, you're probably like, that's funny. This never happened. Okay. So we get something new. It works
Leech: so well, not silly leech. Okay. Thank you. I feel so silly. Like 90% of the time we do this podcast, so yeah. Yeah. Oh man. But yeah, it was a great look. It was incredible and she came right back out with it. So yeah, that's something I'd want to see
Daniel: part of the, the outfit now. Like it's almost like goes together. I loved it. I don't know. Yeah,
Leech: well, I think that's going to do it for this episode. If you have comments or questions about this episode, you can always reach us at MCU, need to know on Twitter or
Daniel: Instagram. And also please take a moment to leave a rating and review on whatever podcast platform you listened to. And any feedback is welcome. A star rating is appreciated, but the best thing that you can do is to please share with a friend.
Leech: We'd also like to think Nick Sandy, for the use of our theme song, which is his rendition of the Avengers theme, you could find more of his work on his SoundCloud, which is linked in the show. That's going to do it. Thank you so much for listening and thank you, Ms.
Daniel: Daniel. Thank you leach. It's been a blast as always,
Leech: and we'll see you all next week. Okay. So if there is a moment in your life that had this like definitive choice, like, okay, let's say this podcast, what do you think was that deciding factor for us to start
Daniel: this thing? You mean? Like, if things had gone, if this one little thing had gone a different way. Okay.
Leech: What if back then? Cause we were on. So what if, way back then when we met on discord, that was trap stream. That was hap streams. Discord. Yeah. So way back then when we're on that, like MCU channel here. Yeah.
Daniel: Yeah. That's what, that's where that's what if, what if I hadn't joined the tap stream? What, what if I had, what if I hadn't joined?
Leech: He stopped streaming. Cause he's been streaming for a long
Daniel: time. Yeah. What if he stopped streaming, would, would Trey be doing this podcast? Who is he? Who does partner B like who. Who do you think?
Leech: Jeez, to get like family to do it or something.
Daniel: He's got a cousin who loves the MCO. He
Leech: has mentioned that before. That'll be great. No, I can't watch his streams. He streams full-time it's ridiculous. Yeah. I think that would be it. I think it would be like, what is like, I was just like, I'm not downloading discord or like I'm not joining that discord or whatnot. That would be it.