Wayne: A bladder infection means you're in trouble.
Dean: Oh, hey, look at you friends. Welcome to, how Are You Now? The podcast where we talk about everything. Letter Kenny, related from shorty's chirps to McMurray's Questionable Behavior. We're the toughest podcast and letter Kenny, and we're here to talk about everything that makes this show a cult classic. So grab a puppers, get ready for some hicks, skids and hockey players. Tiara, how are you now?
Tiara: Good 'n' you?
Dean: Oh, not so bad.
Tiara: I need to use the mouse real quick.
Dean: Oh, you, you go use the mouse real quick. We, uh, we we share.
Tiara: There. Go ahead. I was like, I'm gonna wait. I can't see anything, but, oh, there we are. Hi.
Dean: All right. There you are. You're pretty cute.
Tiara: Thank you.
Dean: You're welcome.
Tiara: You're not so bad yourself, sir.
Dean: Ah, so what you've been up to?
Tiara: Uh, lots of stuff.
Dean: Oh yeah. Don't, don't care to share.
Tiara: No.
Dean: All right.
Tiara: That's start my new job on Tuesday.
Dean: Oh, very nice. Very nice. That's something nice. Yeah. And terrifying at the same time. Yeah. How about you? Uh, recorded my second voiceover. Yes. Uh, which was really funny because, oh, that was all smar. Well, no, it was, there was one line. Mm-hmm. There was, I wanna say, Nine different effort sounds. And then, all right, then there were, there was an asmr. I was like, don't, don't, don't, don't, don't, don't. So yeah, that's, that's what that was. So, but yeah. Um, I'm hoping to get more. I put out new, uh, demos out on my fiver. Okay. Uh, hopefully we'll get some, uh, auditions in and all that jazz and, uh, doing some other fun stuff. Uh, got some plans. Um, But we'll see how they go, but Oh, and we have a new phone number. Oh, right, right, right. Yeah, it's uh, 5 0 3 4 8 7 27 89. Which spells 50 Fit party cuz we're here to get fit. Sure. Oh, we got another, uh, another promo this week. Let's go ahead and play that. And then before we get into our introduction, Sunday's at 3:00 AM It's the bus with Hank and Jess on letter. Kenny's own 97.1 CG n u. Good. New radio. We're not so bad. All right. So if we are ready, I guess So are we, are we ready? I'm awake. That's, uh, that's step one. Right? So our guest today is David Allen m New York Times bestselling author who has written for Star Trek, StarCraft Star Search. No. So many franchises. Uh, he's also a devoted fan of letter Kenny. He has joined us, uh, to discuss season 11, episode five, influenzas. We're very excited to have him back here on the show and hear his thoughts on the episode, uh, as a whole, and the season as a whole. Uh, so without further ado, let's welcome to the show David Allen Mac. I usually just go by David Mack. David, you know, Well, but when I look, when I look up David Mack, I get some drummer or something. So a drummer, I think it's a drummer or some musician of some of some, sorry for crying out loud. We're Legion. We're a legion. There are 1700 of us in North America. Oh. Uh, I mean, it's bad enough. You know, I, I have to share the name with the comic book artist who, whose work sort of overlaps mine thematically. Uh, and then of course there was like a guy who was in Congress in South Carolina and then there was a guy who wanted an antique shop in London and some guy keeping a blog about learning to fly small single engine aircraft. Then there was the corrupt cop out in LA who shot Biggie Smalls. Oh geez. And none of these people you can see uphill battle. I have an uphill battle in trying to do self-promotion. I feel maybe keeping that middle name is a good idea. I feel like this is a, is. Cassie or Tassie situation, you know, it took me the longest time watching those two on screen. I thought, wow, they look so similar. It took me forever to realize they were actually twins. Right. Actually, I was the same thing. It was the same thing. I didn't realize at first Exactly. I just thought that they were two very similar looking girls. So when I was writing one of my, uh, letter Kenny specs scripts, you know, not realizing the relationship between the performers, I had come up with this sort of hilarious notion with the two of them making out with each other and calling each other by the wrong name and saying, wait a minute, aren't you Cassie? Aren't you Cassie? Who cares? Then? Then I thought that their twin sisters. I'm like, no, I can't write that. That's awful. That's terrible. Nobody, even letter Kenny won't go there. So, and hit the eject switch. W w w. Yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes. And now your as sm R moment. How's that tasting? Does that taste good Tummy? Do you like the taste? You like how that tastes? Stop it influences influenza. Well, first let's, uh, let's, I'd like to talk about just quickly the, uh, our last, uh, episode news. Oh, yeah, yeah. With Renee. Uh, had a good time, uh, laughed at about a lot of stuff. Um, everybody was high except for me. Um, I think that's usual. And were you pooping the party pooper? No, I, I just don't, I I I I'm a lightweight when it comes to anything. Yeah. He passes right out. Yeah. I, I mean, it's no good for me. I mean, the, well, the sativa's gi just make me freak the fuck out. Yeah. I get the paranoia and the, yeah. Yeah. And then the, uh, yeah, the, uh, the indica just bourbon crash. Me. Yeah. Indica is like a Valium for me, which is kind of awesome. Yay. Being autistic in adhd. Oh man. Um, so yeah, that, uh, great time with Renee. Uh, and you know, we talked a lot about the propriety of, you know, sending out nudes and stuff like that. Mm-hmm. I mean, if you wanna send nudes to, to somebody, great. If you've get gotten a nude from somebody, great consent, it's yours. Mm-hmm. It goes no farther than that. Yes. Unless they tell you specifically if somebody, if, if some person, um, with consent. Yeah. Lets themself be vulnerable enough to share that with you. Don't ruin that, that trust. Showing it to anybody or putting it out on the internet. Yeah. Like that should be, should be an easy, basic rule for people. Yeah. I mean, otherwise you wind up wearing a sign that says I'm a degen. That's right. Right. Exactly. But also like, don't, don't send nudes to people who don't want them too, like, right. Well, yeah. Consent goes both ways. True. Very true. So let's get into this deep dive of, uh, influenzas. Shall we? Influenzas? Oh, so we start off with the cold open, of course, at Modine's, uh, Wayne and Bonnie McMurray are talking about her dating, uh, app While squirly, Dan listens in, uh, Bonnie Jo. Uh, Bonnie Jo body shows Wayne some of the men in her app and agree, they all agree that they are all fuck boys. Uh, Alexander approaches the bar and starts cheering for dairy, winning a 10, uh, winning $10 on a lotto ticket, and, uh, that it's, uh, that it's the same as his hourly wa wage dairy. Uh, Thinks Alexander is teasing him, uh, causing him to insult Alexander by saying he made the same amount sitting on his ass that Alexander would make scrubbing toilets for an hour. This sends a chill over everything and Alexander lays into him. Uh, dairy tries to brush it off, but Alexander continues to muck him, make fun of his new bound wealth, referring to him as a fat cat and imagining him socializing with high society. Uh, and does I live and breathe. It's the Duke Dick bag Shire. Uh, and a final act of disrespect. Alexander takes, uh, dairy's lotto ticket, shoves it down his pants, wipes, wipes with it, uh, before putting it back on the bar in front of dairy. Give my lady Scarlet Stella a Rosen kranz ya highfalutin duck fart. Nice. The scene ends with Wayne stating that money changes everything. Uh, I think that was the best cold open of season six. It was, I'm sorry, season 11. Yeah. Yes. Even if season six, if this had been season six, I beat season six. It was all in the highfalutin duck fart. Yes, exactly. I mean, mean Alexander just marches over him. I mean, that, that rant from start to finish is inspired. Mm-hmm. Yeah. I mean, go and actor's delivery is just perfect. True. I mean, now the thing I, and, and I, I'll, well, I'll bring this up later about Alexander, cuz I had a thought about Alexander. But let's continue with the deep dive, uh, scene one. We, uh, we are in the hi kitchen, uh, Wayne, Katie, squirley. Dan and Dari all sitting down at the kitchen table. While J and Pete enters to apologize and make a truce. The group confronts him about his recent behavior, including buying, uh, drugs and hanging out with bad influences. Are you still honking and hollering at girls? Old habits die hard. All sweaty ink JP. This rock bottom, not if your bottom's for rock such I impede admits to falling in with the wrong crowd. Promises to turn over l New Leaf, uh, and ask for help finding work. The group hesitates to assist him due to financial concerns, but Wayne agrees to phone him if something comes up. Then the scene ends with Katie noticing some unfamiliar people outside. Uh, overall this, uh, it's just, uh, I mean, yeah, so it's. It's interesting, yeah. That, uh, they're trying to bring Jive and Pete back in as a friend as he had been. Uh, so then we cut to, uh, end of the Laneway, um, where, uh, a photographer is taking pictures at a, uh, of a couple at the end of the Laneway when Katie approaches her, uh, the photographer assures Katie that they will be in the way and ask that they're, tell 'em, let 'em know if they're, if they're bugging anyone. Katie agrees that they're not. And then the photographer continues taking pictures, instructing the couple to run down the road while looking back at her. They're running into their future. Uh, the photographer looks over again and, uh, asks Katie about the building behind them, wondering if there's any, uh, anything interesting to shoot. Katie confirms there is, but it initially declines to let her shoot there. The, the photographer offers her 50 bucks. Katie agrees to take her. Um, Now we're inside the building where Katie takes the photographer and, uh, the photographer is fascinated by the rustic and antique field place and refers to it as a hotbed of Bohemia. Uh, Katie Tellers is actually called the murder barn. The photographer continues to admire the place. Dusty stuff, rusty stuff. Cobb cobwebby coroners. Is that a pile of saw dust with engine oil sprayed in it? No, I think that's blood. The murder barn. So yeah, murder. Can I call it the murder barn? Uh, making strange comments of frop dystopia and fallopian Europa. Ask Katie if she knows any sister wives. Uh, she al she also asks if she can shoot her other clients in, in the barn There, Katie declines initial. But then relentless after being offered another 50 bucks, then we cut to the hockey barn. Uh, so, uh, we see we're joined by Luciann and Maryanne, uh, who are congratulating each other on the recent success in the regional AAA squad. Well, congratulations, Maryanne, to you as well. Luciann, we hold the keys to the regional AAA squad. Call me Lindsay Ross. Call me Mike Nok. No one I'd rather share the wheel with except maybe Betty Ann. Maybe Betty Ann. Yeah. Maybe Betty Ann. Uh, so she's still off playing ball. Yeah. Uh, so then they are approached by Sammy Joe Small and Tessa Bonam, uh, Olympic Gold medalist in hockey, who introduced their cousins and offered one silver. One silver. Yeah, one suer And helped coach the girls team until they're ready for the Olympics. However, they have hired someone else to, uh, coach them, hired a mentor, uh, to coach the coaches. Uh, someone who's won locally. Coach, oh, Sam Jo. Small and Tes Bonam. Introduced her cousins, Donatella Raphaella, Leonardo and Michelangelo. And the co coach of this, of course, responds with Cowabunga. Uh, from there we cut to Modine's. Katie walks in Saddles up to the bar, announces that she's buying drinks for everyone. Alexander, you're sitting at the bar jokes that he's, uh, he's looking for a sugar mom, McMurray's, who are very drunk. Al also at the bar ca Katie explains the photographer came to the farm offering to pay the $50 to take pictures in her barn. She's hoping to use the money to buy a pair of docks, Bonnie, who's tending bar questions whether docks are really worth it, and we would make her that guy. Uh, Mrs. McMurray wonders what's so special about, uh, her, uh, Katie's barn. Katie explains that the photographer was interested in dusty stuff, rusty stuff, and cobwebby corners of the barn. Katie notices something at the bar. You guys will have to excuse me. I've never seen that guy before. And I wonder if he likes sex with girls. Katie then leaves the bar and goes to visit the fella. Uh, McMurray's believe they should offer up their own barn, which they came. Has plenty of dusty stuff, rusty stuff, and cowboy corners. Uh, they, uh, McMurray suggested that they should poach this some bitch. Referring to the photographer, uh, Mrs. McMurray complains about the weak pour of her drink and decides to give it back to, uh, to audiences. Take it and go. Um, from there. Back to the end of the Laneway, where the, uh, another photographer, uh, I'm just, it's all one photographer to me, but is at the end of the laneway, uh, drex them on how to pose, gives them instructions for the shoot. Meanwhile, Katie receives a phone call and becomes angry. She tells the guys that the McMurrays have poached her business as the photographer they were supposed to shoot with, with, with them. Instead, Wayne is approached by the photographer, uh, who asked if they can shoot with their puppies, to which he reluctantly agrees, mentioning that they smell like piss back at the hockey barn. Coach is mentoring Lucian and Maryanne on coaching women's hockey because he knows women just as well as anybody else. Uh, the two women express their displeasure about having a man mentor them, and coach tries to keep them fo tells, uh, they gotta keep them focused by trying to keep the girls on their toes. Tess, upon, uh, an Olympic gold medalist and Sammy Joe Small, a two-time Olympic gold medalist, uh, silver, one silver, silver ar arrive and coach threatens to tattle on them. Uh, to, uh, Lucy, to tattle on them. Uh, on the girls, the women, uh, he tells the women to, to bench the players who don't pick up the check, go hard to the net or get pucks deep. Lucy and Mary Ann reluctantly agree to coaches plan, and then coaches adds. Now, seeing as you two are job shadowing me, you're mentoring us. I would like a small coffee, three cream, six sugar, and some fries with gravy and guys gravy on the side and a diet cola. I hope what they say about aspartame killing you is true. Uh, from there we briefly cut back to the murder barn, which I think is the sh quickest scene I've ever seen. In letter Katie, uh, the pH photographer has met back with Katie, uh, with, uh, two new clients in tow. She lets Katie know that even though McMurray's barn is more suitable, They don't have puppies. Uh, so back at Modine's, uh, McMurray's are grumbling over Katie s and her stealing her business back. Gail returns from serving the table of new customers to whom she refers as influenzas. The McMurray's are confused by the term, uh, but ever, eventually, Elis, she means influencers. The influencers are looking for the murder barn, which is known for its dusty stuff, rusty stuff, and cowboy corners as well as puppies. The McMurray's eagerly exchange, uh, eagerly approached the table and begin talking to the influencers about what they have. Um, then we end up at the McMurray's barn where they are showing the influencers, uh, and proudly show off their rusty stuff. Dub dusty stuff, cowboy corners. But the influencer influencers want are most interested in finding the puppies. Uh, but Mrs. McMurray asks, uh, asks, the two ask asks about the payment, and they ask about the puppies. Uh, they say they don't have any puppies, but suggest they have goats instead. They make, uh, approving looks from there and, uh, move on. So, uh, from there we go out to the dick farm, which we love the Dicks, of course. Um, the love the Dicks. Yeah, the Dick fellas, uh, approached the Dick farm while the photographers taking picture of a new couple in the field. Wayne asked if they can buy some of theirs summer sausages from the Dicks and Anita Empath, EMPH empathizes with their cravings. Noah ones are not to eat too much sausage and then direct the hick fellas to where the sausage is. They also mentioned that they're doing chores in the background for photography off them, offered them 50 bucks. They want to use the money to rem remedy their children's poor hearing caused by generations of generations of vin breeding. Of course, uh, the photographer instructs the couple to blow bubbles into the camera. While she takes pictures, Anita makes what seems to be an a su a suggestive comment to Noah. Oh, my husband, it's been far too long since you blew in my face. So Wayne gets tired of the accidental sexual innuendos in their conversation and it's fuck's sake. Um, from there, we're back in the kitchen. The fellows are eating charcuterie. While Katie is feeling defeated about the dicks getting into the influencer business, dairy mentions that the influences think McMurray's goats are two squirrely, which prompts Katie to advertise goats that are less squirrely than McMurray's. However, she receives a phone call, uh, from McMurray saying Dick skin is throwing his hat in the ring. Uh, with, uh, goats that have temperament somewhere in the middle of theirs, Dick skin is calling it honey bunches of goats. While McMurray calls his show goat, uh, Katie then decides that hers, uh, uh, is called as good because it's in the murder barn murder she goat. Um, Katie then decides she's going to. And then ask the boys for help. Wayne suggests she gives chavin a call saying that everyone deserves a second chance when a friend asks for help. You help 'em. Uh, QA montage of everyone in the town working to make their influencer enticements better than the others. Back at the end of the laneway, the photographer is taking pictures of another couple at the end of the laneway, directing the couple on how to pose for their pictures as well, getting 'em loosen up and have fun, jump around and not grimace. She receives a phone call and becomes excited about something she hears. Listen, she tells the couple that they need to leave and head to Donal because letter Kenny is old news. Uh, back at the hockey barn, coaches giving advice to Lucy Ann and Maryanne about how to, how to handle their players, players, which he refers to as the Ninja Ettes. He suggests that they target the star players first and bench them, uh, to set an example for the rest of the players. He then proceeds to mock and make fun of the players' names and pre-game routines, ultimately revealing that he's not, uh, their real coach, but rather a hazing prank by the Olympic gold medalist. Sammy Joe Small and Tessa Bonham. The scene ends with Lucianne and Maryanne excited about their upcoming game making car related puns and coach and telling coach that he needs, he needs to binge himself. And we end at Modine's where Katie and the McMurray's are sitting there feeling defeated. Katie offers to buy drinks and McMurray questions. What Donal has, uh, and uh, that their does that their town does it. Gail suggests that they have craft brewery. Ooh, Bonnie mentions that they, uh, that they also have a gin distillery. Oh no. Uh, Katie follows up that they have a bison farm. Oh, a general store And Mexican Mennonites. Is that for real? Those even exist. Uh, and. The group discusses the quirks of, uh, Donal visitors, including their lo uh, the, the, the, uh, influences, uh, love of camomile tea, gummy vitamins, uh, as well as their tendency to take videos of themselves. Gal spots, Noah Dick entering the bar, and he informs them that a pornography film crew has, uh, approached him and his wife to perform chores in the background. While they have two actors fornicate in the foreground. Uh, he has of course kicked him off, uh, and made them go away. Uh, but he leaves the bar then, and then the group after pause goes and gives Chase, uh, asking him about the type of car they were driving and if they got the names or anything like that, Q credits. So that's what that was all about. Now, the thing I wanted to bring up about Alexander Yes, real quick was. He's not a slow learn sl, slow learning cousin that joint boy had him pegged at in the first season, so Right. He is obviously very smart. So I just thought, thought, I mean, he did some of the best cold opens. I mean, remember the one, uh, where he, he shows up and, and he's talking about the, he has to put together the buck and do mm-hmm. For his cousin. Right. Oh, my cousin's a grmp and his, uh, his sweetie a twt. Yeah. And remember when I said he's a grmp, he's a twt. The numbers reflect that he does kind get some of the best runs. He's very sharp. He is, he's on it. So, I mean, he may not be in the best of situations, uh, for himself, but, um, but he's happy with, with what he does. Definitely. You know, he is, he is, he is more, he's not, he ashamed to make $10 an hour. He's toilets. Yeah. He is more than content with his lot in life, it seems. Yeah. So we can all be so lucky what you do. You'll never work a day life. Yeah. So, uh, lemme get through my, uh, a few thoughts and then I'll let y'all take, take over. So, uh, I've brought up here, uh, before about Katie's ongoing trope of just hating things. Mm-hmm. Uh, which she doesn't seem to do so much this episode. Uh, uh, interestingly, but dairy seems to be the one to be the asshole of the group always. Yeah. Uh, always seems to be against the grain, start starting shit when he thinks he's being made fun of. He's just very sensitive. Um, and yeah, like with the, with the dick, so, What the fuck you got going on? And the, the, the heck, uh, Wayne and Dan look over at him like, what the fuck? And even, uh, Anita looks at him mm-hmm. With this very concerned look. Yeah. So I just, I think that's interesting. Um, I have a question. Why docs? Thank you. Why? Why not a new bikini but also short jorts an ounce of weed, but also what does it mean by being that guy? And I have three pairs of Doc Martins in the other. I got, I got two pair my here. Does that make cute, cute guy? Plus Katie says, and I'm not that guy unless they're purple, right? I mean, I've had purple ones, I've had red ones. True. I did, I did grow up in the nineties in Seattle and I pretty much still dress like that. So, um, to be fair to myself, to be fair. But anyway, yeah, dog seem, do seem rather a random. And they're honestly not like super expensive. The no. If she'd had three influenzas for 50 bucks each, that's a paradox of right there. At least unless she wants like, you know, the, what was it? They were stacked and like 12 hole and like, yeah, no, they're, you can get paradox for under 200 bucks in Canada. Yeah. And you probably would. Okay, so, so Katie with her scheme to get her docs, the bit with the murder barn, do we really think it's called the murder barn or was she just tweaking them? Was she just basically jerking their chain? No, I think she, I think they call it that. That's probably where they have to because it seems, she seemed very flippant about it. Ah, we call it barn. Like when they saying is this, is this motor oil port or soda? She does know that. Not blood. Yeah. It seemed too like mundane to her. Like she was like, no. Yeah. The thing is we haven't seen any indication up until now that. Wayne and Katie's farm deals in livestock. So far we've only seen that they deal in agriculture, not livestock. Yeah. So if they're not dealing in livestock, why do they have a murder barn? Unless they're actually killing people. And there's a whole thing that's hint that here that we don't even wanna dig into. Maybe that's where their parents were killed. That's why they mentioned my, that's, that's where they mentioned my favorite murder at the beginning of the series. Like they, they're hoping with all the, all the serial killer, like, um, Me. People out there are like, murder bar. What? What happened at the murder bar? Murder bar. Murder bar Murder. Barn murder. It's like murder bar. Dark web web. Dark web. Web sex. Web sex in the murder bar. So, oh, yeah. So anyway, uh, couple, a couple of observations. Uh oh. No. Rosie Glenn, Riley, and Jones are your skids in this episode. Uh, Betty Anna is still away. Uh, the way the boys are just holding their charcuterie creations in front of their faces without eating 'em that entire time. They're talking to Casey, Kathy, Cathy, what the fuck is going on with my brain? And Caden, I, I fumbled which season we were in. Wow. I'm the one who, I'm the one who got high here. What are you doing, Dean? Anyway. K words. I'm lit up. I'm a couple of drinks into the evening, Katie. Uh, wow. Jesus. Um, but anyway, yeah, so that's all I've got, so bring, bring it. All right. Um, yeah, so like, first off I wrote, docs aren't that expensive, but, um, what is Jive and Pete's definition of a friend, because he calls them as friends, like you guys is my friend, so, and I'm, when a friend ask for help, like, Like what, what, what's in this room? Like guess he actually hit bottom cuz he doesn't seem to really care that much. He's still a screw up. Yeah. As we see him, not, not to spoil anything, but as we see in the next episode, he's not really that committed to this. Yeah. And he doesn't feel like he's terribly committed, like he's showing up to work for Katie and he's still dressed like a slob. Yeah. He still looks like the human personification of the, you know, uh, the, the toilet and the sink at, uh, Dan's second cousin's house. Yes. The all suites. The all suite. Sweet. You used the en suite. There are subway wrappers next to the toilet en. Your visible ones of blood in the sink, the bathtub, and the toilet. It's lovely. And the glory hole. I'm the goat pen anyway. T uh oh, I see one. Um, I see one. Oh, I see one. That was, uh, photographer, right? Yeah. When Katie came out, I'm, I, sometimes I look at my own notes and I'm like, okay, I remember what that, what was I thinking when I wrote the note? So, uh, what's a luxury lane? I, I've never heard of that term. So, uh, luxury Lane. I wonder if it's their, their version of the, a HOV lane that maybe that's what they call it. Maybe. Okay. What was the context for So Luci? Yeah. Lian and Maryanne when they're telling themselves, like, you know, check your blind spots. Yeah, no. And all right. Yeah, yeah. So basically like, are we gonna take, I thought it does. Are we gonna take the easy way or are we gonna do the Do it take, are you gonna take the lane of lease resistance? Yeah, we take the luxury lane, which. Yeah. Anyway. Maybe it doesn't mean a damn thing. Maybe it's just fun to say. Could be luxury lame. Oh, I love the whole bit with, you know, coach, you know, telling them to bench the players. It's like, why? It's like every stupid, arbitrary reason, you know? What'd you have for lunch? Spaghetti. Oh, empty carbs? Mm-hmm. Did you get your nap 29 minutes right after launch? No. You turned it into fat benched. You know who was the best AM in the James Bond movies? Dame Judy Benched Angels in the outfield. Uh, so in, in the scene when Katie, uh, goes to hit on that, that dude in the bar, um, I love that he, like, she's looking at him like thinking he's cute. He's there, sit taking selfies, like, you know, he's like doing it for like Tinder or something like that. Was what my first friend is his own brand. Yeah. Yes. Um, getting high on his own supply. Coach picked his nose several times during this episode. Um, he just doesn't care, right? Uh, look away. Barb. This is rock bottom. McMurray and Gail flirting. Do so. Um, I mean, I know it wasn't like, yeah, I know it wasn't outright but McMurray's face after Gail said. Put a finger up her ass. He, he was like, Ooh, I'm into it. Like, well, the thing is, we know from, uh, we know they, yeah. Episode we know they've hooked out. Yeah. They've hooked up with her before we know they've hooked up. I really wanna know how often, like, I wanna know if they're like, fuck buddies. Um, like I just feel like no ass play unless I ask for it and I for it, I say where it is. Oh, that's right. I remember, I love GA so much that episode, the letter leave when Coach, uh, um, when they fi, when coach finds out that it was basically a prank or a, a hazing for the, the women coaches. Oh God. Yeah. And they're like, what was your name again? No and no answer. He just like walks off because of course he has no name. So great. That was so great. Um, okay. And then, so that was, those were my random notes as I was watching. Now I have all of the, the, the note notes, um, note notes. Why is dairy so thin-skinned with Alexander? Why is he a jerk lately? Cunnington Beach. No, that was great. That was, I'm using that shit. That was so good. Um, driving, Pete, getting DA's name wrong. Darnell Darnell, um, is driving Pete the third guy with the ostrich disgust. We don't know, but the allegedly it kind of, it kind of sounded like that was, I wouldn't be surprised. I mean, he said he was hanging out with ginger and boots, so, and he like, Genuinely, like, uh, yeah, I fell with like bad crowd. Um, I would like state for the record that I hate. Oh, Kerr. I fucking hate that. I hate it. In, in, in, I believe you were supposed to rapper. That's I love, I love Nikki Minaj. I don't like Okur. Oh yeah, no, that, don't do it. Don't do it. Although, I love the reaction of the guy when the photographer is telling them to, you know, jump up and kick. Yes. It really, and the guy just kiss me and you just tell him he's just one who looked like Tyson grumpier, like, I'm gonna kill this woman. Grumpy, not killer. Grumpy Tyson the grumpy though. Yeah. He's like, I'm gonna kill her. Yeah. He just looks so uncomfortable and like standing there like he is shoulders up and he just was like, ah, he's so stiff. It's like you can't move. There's no fluidity. I mean, that's what happens when you wear a proud Boy shirt. It was very proud boyish. That's why when you, you know, build muscles to the point where you look like a balloon animal. Yes. I mean, but he was wearing, He was wearing, uh, Birkenstocks Yes. With socks? No, he didn't have socks on. Oh, okay. I thought he had socks, but it was, that's a funny look. I mean, definitely, uh, what got said at the previous location? Yeah. So yeah, we're gonna forget what we said at the previous location. Okay. I want to hear that story. Yeah. So, uh, and if they, if you don't, do you remember that part when they were at the, that's when, uh, Katie came out initially? Mm-hmm. Yes. And so, and then the photographer was trying to get the couple to be like, they're in love. Yeah, that's what she said. We're gonna forget what we said to the location. Yeah. So I'm curious what was. Don't act like you're in love or, yeah. What would, we'll just forget. Maybe the couple had a fight. So she's just trying to get through. That's what I was thinking, said to each other. I get the impression of the situation deteriorated. Yeah, maybe. So if you're fighting, when you're getting your engagement pictures done, maybe you should think a little bit more. Well, if your photographer says Ur and, and Yes. Listen. Okay, listen. Okay. I, I almost wanna do a table read because I feel like I could do her voice. Like as soon as I just said that I was like, oh God. But I would hate every second of it. What would be a great face off would be that annoying photographer faced off with the matchmaker. Yes. Look her. Just watch the two of them drive each other up a along. Oh, so much breaks first. And then they kiss. Uh, of course I hope they do more with Maryanne and Lucian. Yes. Um, agreed. I wanna know more about the coaching. Are they inter, are they going to have any personalities on this team? Like, are, are we actually gonna know anything about the Ninja Turtles? Um, ninja, there's charettes, whatever. Make sure they'll get their own spin off any. Yes. Um, oh, what kind of guy is a dog guy? Uh, the way everyone looked at dairy when he swore Oh, right. The, the complete and then it or compete that Katie said, and then the scene froze. You do the hard zoom in the hard zoom in, and then the compete cold. Yeah. How, I mean, so yeah, that, and that's kind of goes back to my thing about the tropes mm-hmm. In this season. Mm-hmm. Yep. So I love to blow them up. Yeah. I mean, it's so many tropes this season, I mean, their own tropes. Mm-hmm. And, uh, and standard TV films, tr fe tv film tropes. Yep. Um, one of the co cliches that we associate with, like, you know, the, the hard cut, the zoom in and it's gonna be okay. That sets up the montage. We have that right, and then it doesn't happen. And you're like, and what? No, right. How? I don't know. We were supposed to be in a montage now. Hey, a montage, um, one of the couples in this was a gay couple. Uh, and it was the Mennonite scene, which I loved that because that meant the Mennonites were like, they didn't want people fornicating, but they were okay with a gay couple getting married. And that made me happy. Um, so when during the montage where they kept making the, the farm signs bigger and you know, decorating and whatever, why does Mrs. McMurray throw bird seeded at the wind? Well, there was a bird feeder at the top of it. Was it? She threw it though. She didn't put seed in there. She threw it at it. Cause she the brightest Cause she's drunk and can't climb up and she's not the brightest bulb to begin with. True. I was so confused at first. I was like, did she throw glitter? I had to go back and look like, oh, it's, oh, okay. It's bird seeded. Um, and then Bonnie's smiling as everyone runs after Noah Dick. Like, she knew as soon as he came in that something like that was gonna happen. Didn't we all? Yeah, definitely. Um, yeah. Um, and I gotta be honest, this episode, it was hard to find stuff to like bring up. Really? It wasn't, there wasn't a lot of meat in it, so, no, I mean, it has a, it has the great cold open mm-hmm. Because of Alexander and just that rant that he unleashes on dairy. Mm-hmm. And then after that, I got him to say, it's not one of the stronger episodes of the season. No. Uh, although to be honest, she's still 11. This felt. Weird. It's a weird dude. We've talked about that. We've talked about that on the show a bunch because we know that, uh, 10 and 11 were filmed together at the same time, and it was 11 and 12. Oh, that's, yeah. Let the, the current ones. But they filmed two at the same time during the pandemic. And this was part of it, wasn't it Dean? I thought so. It was, I thought it was nine. Nine, uh, 10 and 11. Was it 10 and 11? I thought I thought 12. Yeah, I I thought so. I thought 12, but it was 11. 12. 12 was just, was just filmed, like, just finished filming not that long ago. Right. Uh, I, you know, I can Google that. I appreciate that. Come on, Frank. Because like, to me, that's why I, I, I feel like this was a lot of, I feel like there's less cohesion in the season because it was shot that way during the time that it was, and then they were. Basically like we can't make this fit and we've lost the storyline, so, you know, make something else out of it. I guess what, what I'm doing is I'm comparing it to past seasons. Mm-hmm. Uh, and I'm seeing like in past seasons there was almost like a through line to each season. Yes. Like in second season, they even spelled it out for you in the opening episode where Wayne says, if there's a theme to the next six weeks of our life, it's Dwayne Wayne is looking for love. Mm-hmm. As again, that's the theme of season two. Uh, and then, you know, you have, each season has its own sort of personality or its own arc, you know, it's about this relationship coming together, this relationship falling apart. It's about, you know, this or that and, and then you get to 11. Yeah. There's no through line. What we have are. Com almost completely dissociated episodes and the only, like the, the hint of a through line with Influenzas and DJs where you set up the Jin Pete storyline and then pay it off. And I guess you could even say that started off in news. Yeah. The, the jiving Pete story, Jiv and Pete was the, um, the most. Through line of this. Like, because he showed up in earlier episodes in an earlier episode in this season, I think. Right? Well, I mean, was he part of Lost Dog? I can't remember. Uh, I mean, he was part of nude. He was part of nude, yeah. Yeah. So there's, so like that's where, I think that's where they started the last three episodes. He, he's part of the ARC for the last three, but he is not in the first street. He's not in Lost, he's not in Koen, he is not in chips. Yeah. I feel like those were, but I think standalone episodes almost, and like I stated at the very, at the very top of the season, I think the through line for this season is tropes. Yeah. It's all, it's, I mean, starting at the with instead of having a storyline. Yeah. I see what you're. Like a koya mocks the whole Agatha Christine mystery style. Yep. Mm-hmm. The whole mystery trope. Um, what's the lost dog then? Uh, lost dog tutorial for how to actually find a lost dog. Um, I'm not, A lot of the stuff wasn't like storyline tropes. It was things that would happen in the story and tropes that they would, their own trips that they would bring back. You know, the, all of the sayings have been popping up again and, and stuff like that. Okay. So it's not so much that the stories themselves are the tropes, it's all the things inside of it. Yeah. Um, but that was also a, and that may have just been one of those that they kind of took off as well, where it had, uh, Wayne in, in fact, even in this one, uh, the, the boys. Took a backseat. Mm-hmm. So this is kind of the second one where that's happened. So I mean, I'm, I'm wondering if there's, there's some, there's some change up that it feels like, I don't know if another, uh, if another spinoff is coming or, or what, but I mean, it, it, it, yeah, it feels different, but, uh, but yeah, for me, I mean, from the very beginning of this, the, you know, with the, the way they were doing the debate and the, uh, I'm gonna need to take some air, you know, all, all that stuff. And then through, uh, through the, the what? The, oh, koya and geez, what else? Uh, lost dog. Yeah. Lost dog. Nudes. Um, so yeah, the, you know, having that comedic trope where you're, you're talking about somebody who acts happens to be right there when they're talking about mm-hmm. Looking to j uh, look into Jim Dick skin and he's right there. So I will think twice before accepting your invitation to a hot tub party. That's for sin. Yes. So mean, just so mean. And I would thank them for Right. But yeah, I, so yeah, to me this, there's a whole lot of tropes. Uh, I mean, yeah, like the, the, the quick cut or the quick zoom on the mm-hmm. Compete, you know, all that stuff. Yeah. And, you know, montages galore. Um, so there, yeah. All that kind of stuff is, I think this season has really stuck out more to me than others that they're really ho like pushing on the truck part. Yeah. Okay. I mean, I could be wrong, but I mean, it's interesting if that's the through line, if it's more of a, a stylistic through line rather than a thematic through line. Hmm. It's just in the past, their through lines have tended to be narrative in nature and this is more stylistic. True. Yeah. I, I really think nothing wrong with that is that my, my opinion, which absolutely could be wrong and probably is really, is that they, they were, they filmed all of this stuff during the, during covid and then changed. I did, I did look that up. 10, 11 were filled. Yeah. Right Together. So like, I feel like in the, in, because the pandemic kept going and going and going and it took so long for them to actually get 10 out that they didn't maybe film everything that they had wanted to, but they couldn't go back and. Add more scenes later. So I feel like it was probably some confluence of, you know, how much can we, yeah. With Covid restrictions, how much can we film? And like, I wonder how much the, the launch of Shorey cut into this. Mm-hmm. Because in 10, uh, the whole episode with, um, you know, in Biva with Wayne driving the Zamboni, I mean, a lot of that was the handoff for Schori setting up Suzi's, uh, spinoff series. And then it sounds like the spinoff series was probably shot during that same period of time. Then as season 11. And I wonder if this is a case of just divided focus because the focus on Schori is clearly very intense and very tight. Hmm. And the thematic structure and the narrative structure of six episodes of Schori is. Rock solid. Mm-hmm. I mean, that is a tight, tight construction. Mm-hmm. Um, and then you compare it to season 11 of Letter County, which is just as lucid construction as I've ever seen on this show. I've never seen a season as just narratively loose and sort of free flowing as a lab. Yeah. I, uh, yeah, I, I don't know what's going on. I mean, the, with the boys taking a backseat to a lot of it in this season. Um, you know, heavy fo focus on jiving. Maybe they're making a degen spinoff. No, no, I would not watch that. No. I would know. You got me to begrudgingly watch Shorey Keso, like don't, don't push it with the Degens. Like, Hey, maybe he's got something good for the Degens. Mm, nope. No, no, no. You can make something good out of Shorey cuz it's just his mouth. Like the Degens do shit to people that just because they wanna piss 'em off. Like that's not, I don't want that. I don't want, no, but I mean, we kinda redeem the degens. What's. I don't want to see the dj. Yeah. I don't wanna see him. Like if I, I just see watch skids run, uh, skids, uh, spinoff. I would watch, um, the, the hockey women's spinoff. Yeah. But I would not, the skids need a spinoff. I think I'm still waiting for Stewart to get his justice, you know, get his happy ending ending. Everybody else seems to have been sort of getting their, you know, their, their, their, their karmic reward and it seems like he's the one who keeps getting left behind. Well, I don't know, maybe Rollie is his karmic reward and he doesn't realize it yet. Yeah. He has somebody devoted to him. Not that necessarily, they'll end up together and in love, but like, and I think, I think Gay has to come back. Yeah. He loves the gay sex. So he loves the gay sex. He made gay sex, made him feel like a he-man. Right. It made him feel something deep inside. Who doesn't love gay sex? Yep. I mean, come on. Must he torture me with these reflections? I mean, I, yeah. You know, he was doing okay when he was getting all jacked up and everything, you know? Mm-hmm. Working out with, uh, JB he was modeling for a while, walking outta the cat and then they'd betrayed him and he just seems to have, you know, taken a, a, a bad string of hits, you know, a lot of bad luck in a row here. Yeah. And then losing the whole vidoc thing and he just seems like he could use a break. Yeah. He needs to quit fucking up though. That's his, yeah. He needs to get a shit. He needs to. Yeah. He puts himself in a lot of that, so, yeah. Because he smarter than everybody else. He's duck. He's driven by envy and rage. True. And he's gotta move past that and find some zen center or else he can't heal. Very true. He can't heal, he can't move on. Very true. Yeah, that's, cause that was one of the things I was thinking about for a future episode I that, that maybe Stuart and Rollie go into rehab together or something like that. Well, I feel like the, believe it or not, I think the thing that's holding rolled back is Stuart. Oh, absolutely. I think Stewart needs to get his own shit together so he can move on and then get out of Rolleds way. So Rolled can basically become the skid leader he was meant to be and open the energy spa. Yes. We need an energy spa, spa and dispensary. Exactly. Energy spa and dispensary. You know, do what you know. Yeah. Which you love. He doesn't work day life. Exactly. My gosh. So we have anything else, uh, on board for thoughts, theories, observations, trivia, anything like that? Not I, by the way, Sammy, I one bit of trivia, Sammy, Joe Small and Tess Bonham did play together. Uh, I totally made him go down that rabbit hole. Yeah. Because I was like the i, the relationship that they have, I feel like this wasn't just like all total setup, like they have to have known each other. They're about 10 years apart in age though. But they, but they played on the same hockey team at the same time. Yeah. I saw the picture of Tess Bonham's picture of her draft. She is a baby. She's so freaking adorable. She was a baby. Yeah, she was. I mean, now she's just hot, but yeah. Yeah. Wow. So, so, um, yeah. So let's, yeah, we see we do a little bit of the, uh, fuck fight feta. Feta, ah, as many of you know, this is the fuck Fight fe segment of the show. We're, we don't want to kill anybody. We don't wanna marry anybody. But we will fuck fight and make them our buddies. And Buddy, I'll be your buddy buddy. I'll be your buddy. I'll be your, this is our, yeah, this is our version of Fuck Mary Kill. Um, and uh, but we do it right. We keep the fuck in there cuz that's important. Um, yeah. You always gotta keep the fuck in there. That's right. Uh, so as we like to do, we'll call day to make a buck. You're not gonna work all night to find a fuck. Exactly. Right. Thank you. A good line too that that's, yeah. You know, I, I I love Bonnie this season. Bonnie is awesome. Um, Bonnie, she's getting better and better. Yeah. So now she's no longer pining after Wayne. Right? Yes. And, and has a lot of her own agency, uh, that has a personality. Yeah. Yep. Anyway, uh, speaking of Wayne. Wayne Feta. Feta Wayne. All right. David for, huh? What about it? Yeah. Are you a Fu fighter? Feta on Wayne? Oh, uh, fuck Feta. You sure about that? Are you sure? I don't wanna fight him, I'll tell you that. Uh, let's see. And, uh, you know, he is a good enough guy and, uh, beer, uh, yeah. I'm feta on Wayne as well. Katie. Uh, definite fuck. I can't disagree with you there. I like her in this episode. She's kind of take charge. She's not too Haiti on things in this one. Yeah, yeah, I agree. So fuck for you. All right. Yeah. Katie's cleaning house. Dans Hmm. I, I mean, for me, he's a feta in this one. I mean, yeah. He's not, he'd be ferta. Yeah. All right. Uh, dairy is a fight for me. Yeah, Terry's gotta get, uh, dis I mean for nothing else, for how we talked to Alexander. Deserve to be put on his ass. Yeah, yeah, yeah. He should be sitting in the trash behind. Uh, we're all across the board. We're, we're all the same so far. Yep. Exactly. Gaylor. Hmm huh Besides telling them to put a finger up her butt. Was, was there another Gail scene that I'm not remembering? Uh, just talking about the influenza. She's the one who mistook it for influenza. Right. Okay. Um, I have to label her feta just cuz she scares me a little. That's what I like about her. I say feta in this too, because Yeah. Seeing, seeing the, the face between her and McMurray reminded me that they fucked and, uh, yeah. Uh, Um, Bonnie is always gonna be in the fuck anywhere. Yeah. I'm, I'm kind of in the fuck on this one as well. I lo I just, she's, she's just, she's a fucking boss and I love it. And, uh, still fur. I'm still fur. The one where we, we break. I like Bonnie. I like that she's turning into a human, but I can't see her as anything but like the same age as my kid. It just, it just can't do it. Yeah. I mean, I know we should let the paint dry a little, but, uh, well, the paint's, the paint's been drying enough for her to go on her life. Just not for me. She's not my, not for me. She's not me. She's a nice enough gal, but, uh, exactly. And you never meet her, so McMurray. Poacher. Yep. Yeah, Jack. Yeah. You know, just a general joke. Still Katie's idea, knowing that like she, I would lose that fight, but I would have to take it just out of honor. Yeah. That's son of it. But would, would, would bash my face in. You use a killer. Um, Mrs. McMurray's, all I know. So I know that's, that's all I'm saying. Uh, damn. Yeah. I, she, she has a fight for me. Admit, I, I, I just, I have a massive crush on. Oh yeah. Same. Oh yeah. But in this particular episode, yeah, it would be, yeah. You just wanna start with, drink her face just for a Jason and Bonnie in the bar. Give her a nice Katie cake in, you know, basically what she does to Katie. Uh, just basically being a mess. I don't know that I wanna fight her, but I think she should definitely get her g t thrown in her face. Yeah. That's a fight for, legit. That's a fight. I would do that and then, you know, McMurray would kill me. So, um, Alexander Verta Verta, he's, he'd be funny to hang out with. I. I would have his back. Cause if dairy got in his faith, man, I'd be like, dare you gotta sit the fuck down. You don't come to my boy out in, what the fuck is wrong with you? You sit down. Yeah. I would be doing the thing he did at the, at the um, at the dick farm. I'd be like, what the fuck is wrong with you? Uh, Maryanne. Fuck yeah. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. Always. I wanna put my hands in her hair so bad. Oh, and just pull it. Yes. Oh my God. She can conquer me anytime she likes. Definitely. She can bench me as long as she sits on top of me. That's right. Exactly. Press me into the bench. Uh, Lucianne. Yes. Mommy. Uh, uh, same. Yeah. Uh, for me, she'd be a feta. Uh, I'm half from Maryanne. Not so much for Lucian. Okay. All right. Uh, I like Luci. Just not that way. Yeah, I, I'm taking her, uh, coach, fight, fight just because he's clearly being an abusive prick, right? Mm-hmm. Like, if he was just clueless, like it seems like he is sometimes that would be one thing, but like, that was like straight up misogyny. It was just That's not, that's not endearing or cute or funny, right? No, he just deserve to have a, you know, like a, some laxative tablet's melted into his gravy with the fries. A couple of gravy set before you coach. Make sure you just lap that up. Uh, I don't, I don't know if you can hear it, Dean, but I hear shadow planning. Okay. Thank you. Yeah. I was like, is that coming through? That's coming through, isn't it? I think it's coming. I, I don't think it's coming through your mic. I think it's just coming through the door. Oh, okay. Anyway, Noah's dicks. Oh, he is a fur. He's hilarious. Yeah. Uh, yeah, I'm there too. Uh, Mrs. McMurray. Or Mrs. Uh, Mrs. Dick. I need it. Mrs. Dick. Mrs. Dick. Oh, I have such a thing for her. Oh, yeah. Fuck yeah. Oh, my guys. Total fuck. Yeah. She would never go for it, but Oof. And Noah would be, imagine if she would, I feel like Noah would be like a cuck old husband. He would be totally okay to sit in a corner and watch, oh, my wife, if my wife wanted it. I, I want to, I want to blow on her face. Oh my God. Yeah. Oof. All right. Now, just this, he's just this episode. Only jiving pee. Just this episode, only feta. He's trying, he's trying. He, he wants to be better. He's a fuck up at heart. But yeah, in this episode, he gets a fur. We know it's probably, we all know what happens in the, we're hoping that it. Right. But here I was rooting for him. Yes. I was really sort of hoping, you know, maybe there's a redemption story for this guy. He was a real good guy. I really, I, I really hope that he would pull it together and, you know, not disappoint Wayne in the crowd, but yeah. Oh, well. Yeah. Can't win 'em all. In this episode photo, the hope was still alive. Yeah. Uh, yeah, the photo. Fight a fight. I just wanna take her camera and just fling it across the road into the green brush and make her go look for it. Go get it. Listen, go get it. Okur. I just, I just, I just wanna talk to her. Hey, you know, at Epstein I have a little con when I tell you to fucking stop, I just wanna have a conversation about appropriate language and like, I just wanna talk reasonably with her for a minute. Let's have a little chair. Okay. You know what shutter speed is? That's when you shut your mouth. Quickly. Quickly, great minds. Let's move on to Sammy Joe. Uh, that's the, the hockey, uh, professional, right? Yep. I'm, I'm gonna say, uh, it's gotta be a feta. I mean, the woman's a legend. I'm gonna say feta. I, um, I think they're both gorgeous, but honestly, like, as a not fan of hazing, it did, it, it did not feel good. Coach deserved it though. But those coach may have deserved it. But did, did Maryanne and Lucianne deserve it? No, but at least they got, they got to be have front row tickets to see coach. That is true. Get shit on That is true. So, uh, Tessa Bonham Verta. I'm, I mean, I, I'm gorgeous. I'm fucking Tessa that that goes, you get that chance yet? Oh, yeah. Yeah. Like I said, they're both gorgeous. Hot, you know, this episode, Tessa, I'm definitely, I'm going for Tessa. Yeah. Um, now he didn't have any lines in this Jim Dickens. Was he in this one somewhere? Yeah, he was during the montage. Oh, that's right. Cuz he, uh, has the, uh, honey bunches of goats, uh, elements of the competition. So I dunno if we want to count him or not. Um, no. Well, he's just trying to make a buck like anybody else. He wasn't particularly malicious about it. He said goats. Yeah. Unlike the McMurray's, which specifically took this idea and totally poached it mm-hmm. At that point, it's just, it's like it's fair game at that point. Yeah. It's, meanwhile I will never say no to Cassie and Tassie. Yeah. Because that's, that was my next one. Cassie and Tassie. I mean, cuz they're together. They're, they're essentially like the Riley and Jonesie. Yeah. They they share one brain cell between them. Exactly. Yeah. Which is fine, man. They're easily confused, but, uh, that's fine. They don't know which one is which. I'm kind of stuck on that one. So, so you're, you're fuck with hate them. I hate you're, you're a fuck with 'em, Dave. Oh yeah. Okay. Yeah. I hate influencers desperately. Yeah. They kind of, they bugged me. Yeah. So part of me wants to fight, but also like, I don't really think they did anything wrong, and I feel like in some ways they were being suckered because it was just, you know, these people fighting amongst each other to give money to them. Like, anyway, they got 50 bucks to throw around for taking pictures. Right. I'll take it, but like, It feels weird. I'll take some pictures of them. Oh my. Uh, so I guess, I don't know, I guess feta, we'll go with feta. They didn't do anything wrong. I just don't like them. Yeah. I think that's, that's kind of where I am with them as well. They, they, they've always bugged me. They're, yeah. They're, they're pretty. I I But they're also fickle. Yeah. They're, yeah. They, and they're treacherous as we saw when they're the reason that bro dude got called in on n Indian N Energy. Yep. At the end of season nine. Now, it wouldn't have happened if they hadn't, uh, in, again, they only did it cuz they were ticked off at Riley and Jonesie for being a, a pair of TWIs for being ri and Jonesie for me and Riley and Jonesy. You know, so what are you gonna do? Yeah. But that's, I think, did I miss anybody? I don't think I did. I don't think so. No. That pretty much covers it. We had a, there was a good number of characters in this one. Yeah. I mean, which explains why that so many, there's no Glen, there's no Riley and Jonesy, uh, and, and no Rosie. Um, but we got most of our secondary characters. Yeah. So, but yeah, that was interesting, uh, to see that many characters in there. I mean, I, I'll, and I include Jim Dickens because he was, he was part of that montage. So I, uh, but yeah, I enjoyed, I enjoyed it. It was, yeah, like, it was not meaty. Uh, but it was, it had some good funny parts, some good lines. Mm-hmm. Um, yeah. Yeah. It wasn't terrible. I don't know. I think I enjoyed the, the, the hockey storyline with the girls. Yeah. More than the actual influencers storyline. Yeah. That provides the title. Yeah. Any, anytime I, I get to watch Maryanne and Betty Ann or Maryanne and Luciann, uh, it's always enjoyable. I do miss the, the chirps. Mm. There was, I, I now, and we, one thing we know about it is that, um, oh my God, why am I forgetting her name now? Uh, Maryanne's, uh, Maryanne's, uh, real name her. Yeah. The actress's name who've even we interviewed Jess. Sell Jess Aguero. Yes. Somewhere there we go. Wow. Right. Yeah. Um, that she is known for not being able to hold her laughing in Uhhuh during the church. So, and, and I did see a couple of spots in there where she was trying, she makes this like smile, like, Hmm, no, I dunno. Mm-hmm. Like, yeah. It's fun. Yeah. Like, she's like, I'm not gonna smile. Mm-hmm. Yeah. She kind of Yep. Tries to look mean. It's adorable. But yeah, that's, uh, I like that. Um, so yeah, I, I would like, I would like to see some chirps, you know, maybe they're playing again and they're, they're mm-hmm. They're going, you know, going against somebody where they're chirping at 'em. Maybe they're lucky and there'll be some in the future, uh, you know, table read or something. Yeah. That would be cool. Maybe they join Bear League. Ooh. Yeah. Coed Beer league and they're going against Ryan. Oh shit. I think I see a new episode. I can, by the time I'm done, I'm just gonna write a whole season. There you go. Hell yeah. Get made. That's okay. Oh, we'll do it at a table read. Yeah, it's did the card. Oh, I still got, uh, we still got the one that's in the queue. Yes. True. Yes. Yeah. Um, and a beer league. I'm gonna start thinking about Beer league. Beer league Prods and Beer league. Right. The pros, like, they'll, they'll walk in and they'll start making fun of somebo the each other thinking that, you know, they're girlfriends and then they gear up and come out on the, on the floor, like, right, right. They've actually won stuff. You guys are just old news here. And I mean, yeah, it would be funny if there were girls in the stands who were there. They're girls. Yes. And, and then, but the girls on the, the girls skating are the ones hollering at 'em to get the Hey, Snipes hey. And they don't, nobody know who's, who's, who's sniping, who a team of sober shamrocks basically beats the living crap out of a beer league team. That could be hilarious. Totally. Sometimes you get speed bag boys and sometimes you just get drunk. There you go. Ah. Um, so any final thoughts? Anything? Hmm. No, I know that, um, they've recently started filming for Shorey Yes. Season two, which is really awesome. Mm-hmm. We know that called actress. Mm-hmm. Um, I don't know. With feeling like, with feeling like this season wasn't necessarily the most thought out, you know, in terms of how you, how mm. Making it feel like previous seasons with the, with the continuous storylines. Um, I do hope that they start closing some of the storylines. Not that I want Luchetti to end, but I feel like there's a lot of open ends right now that, that it's nice. It hasn't been, yeah. Yeah. It, it feels like, I don't think it's gonna be next year or maybe even like two or three years from now, but like, I feel like Keso has it in his head now where that's gonna go now that Shorey, because we know that Shorey is like his dream project that he's working on. Yeah. So, you know, I love letter Kenny. Um, And it pains me, pains me to say that I like Shorey better now. Um, but I definitely hope that it's, it has a little more cohesion as it goes forward. I mean, I like the focus of Shorey, but I mean, it's an unfair comparison. There's only six episode. Yeah. Sick. Absolutely. That draws you to work with. But it's interesting, like how brilliantly they'll work. It's like you, you have the first, maybe first episode, which can stand on its own as an intro. Mm-hmm. But then episodes two and three, you've gotta wash 'em together. Cause if you get to the end of two and you don't roll right into three, you're probably gonna be disappointed. I feel like you gotta go too right into three and maybe, right, right. All the way into four, like two, three and four just have to happen. Boom, boom, boom. And then five and six are like their own thing at the end. They're like a another two part. So you got like your one part open, you got your three part middle, and then you got your two part finish. Yeah. I mean, yeah. The, the, the writing on these two is yeah. Drastically different. I mean, there are those little skit parts, like in letter Kenny, within some of the stories. You know, those are kind of the, where that would be the backstory. You know, there's some little skinny things going on in the back without that are not really part of the story. Mm-hmm. But those are, that's just a tiny bit, just a, just a little like, just a wordplay like letter. Kenny will sometimes do these tangents for, for wordplay that are just a delight in and of themselves. And Shorey does not take that kind of luxury. It's a more narratively focused project. Uh, it doesn't have just these, uh, just irreverent asides that sort of go off on their own. Uh, everything sort of seems to serve the story on Shorey. Mm-hmm. It's very tight. Yeah. Whereas, Letter Kenny sometimes feels like a vehicle, sometimes for story is sometimes for, you know, and here's the latest word game. Yeah, yeah. It, it also, yeah, it feels like a sketch comedy. Um, which for me personally, I have a, a love-hate relationship with comedy in general, um, especially sitcom comedy. Mm-hmm. So, uh, like letter Kenny for me is like this breath of fresh air when it comes to comedy because Yeah, it's clever. It doesn't dumb it down for the audience. It's beautiful. Um, and all of the characters, it's really wonderful works. It works together really well. Um, and so that's why I love letter Kenny, but because I'm not a huge comedy fan, Loving the way that they did Shorey. Oh yeah. Really? Just like it was visually, it was like two steps up of the visual beauty that I, I feel like I've seen from the same creators on Right letter Kenny, like letter Kenny will set up some beautiful shots that you're like, oh yeah, I can see, you know, the Shakespearean pageantry of like this and that and blah, blah, blah. And then you've got Schwarze that's just kind beautiful. Yeah. The beauty and butter. Kenny is in the color saturation. Mm-hmm. A lot of got post, like, they have just these amazing rich reds and greens and blues. There's a amazing shot. It's, uh, I think it's, oh, I can't remember if it's the start of season three or season four. It's when, uh, Wayne is doing his time in the shed, uh, after being betrayed, uh, and he's watching misfire, right? Mm-hmm. And there's a great shot when he comes out in the second episode. I think of it, it might be season four. Is that right? Season four, season five. Hmm. I, I can't remember anymore. But he comes out after watching misfire and it's just the most gorgeous shot because you've got like, uh, this blue sky. You've got the green lush, uh, you know, foliage around them. You've got bright yellow insulation around the frame of the door and the frame of the window on the, uh, the sledge shed. And then you've got the different colors. You've got the blue of dairies, coveralls, you've got the colors that Dan is wearing. You got the colors, uh, uh, in, in everybody's clothes. And everybody's wearing a different color. Somebody's wearing yellow, somebody's wearing green, somebody's wearing blue. Mm-hmm. And there's, and then there's the fire and just, and it's like everything. You look at the shot and it's like a rainbow of. It's just intense. They don't go quite over the top like that on Shorey. Shorey has a more realistic color palette, right? Mm-hmm. But it's compositions and its editing and its, uh, angles are far more sophisticated. It's camera movement is also a lot more sophisticated. Yeah. And I love that Buttrey does both of them. Yes. Mm-hmm. Yeah, that's really brilliant. By the way, misfire was season eight, episode one. Thank you. So it's later than I was thinking. You're right, season eight, because that's after the Marie Fred story. Mm-hmm. Right? Yep. So yeah, so like, but that shot like really sort of encapsulates the way they use color to really just make all those images pop. Um, But surey, god damn. It's just so intense the way it all pulls together, and it's like, and it's this beautiful blend of comedy and pathos. Mm-hmm. Uh, I'm always a sucker for any well told story about a lovable bunch of underdogs. Uh, especially, you know, if they're, you know, up against it. And like, I, I just, I watched the end of the thing. I was like, and you can see the, you know, the anguish in shores He's face and like, you know, the, the final episode where he is like, we're not gonna win this. You know, it was our last game in this barn. Uh, and they're going out on the ice and they give it their all. Mm-hmm. And it's like, is, there's that thing like where they're being cheered by the crowd, even though they've lost and they salute the crowd with their stick. Mm-hmm. I get choked up every time. Yeah. It's like, it's this incredibly emotionally moving thing that gets me in the heart every time. Yeah. And I'm like, how the hell did you do that? Yeah, I mean, that, that was, I mean, aside, uh, the, the one that, uh, in letter Kenny that does that is the, uh, international Women's Day every episode. Oh, yeah. When he goes to Katie. Yeah. Oh man. I was like, oh my God. Shake me up every time. So every time they, they can do some sweet sappy writing, that's for sure. Yeah. They can hit you right in the fields so you know how to do it. They. And I hope they keep doing it. So, yep, let's hope we got a few more years to keep enjoying it. So, um, if there's nothing else then uh, all right, then Maestro, take us away. Bye. Thanks for tuning in to another episode of How Are You Now with your favorite groups of Hicks, skids, hockey players, Christians, and DJs. We hope you enjoyed our chat with David Mac Day, and we look forward to having him back here in the near future. Join us next week as we have anti awesome back to chat about season 11, episode six. DJs. Don't forget to subscribe to our podcast and leave us a rating or review, so until next. Keep your head up and don't be spare parts bud.