In this episode Adam talks to Tim Neutkens about Next.js, an opinionated React framework for building server-rendered client-side applications.
- How Next.js is different than using create-react-app
- How page-based routing works in Next.js vs. a traditional router
- The mechanics behind how components are server-side rendered and picked up by React on the client
- What it really means to server-render a React app and how it's different from a traditional server-rendered web app
- How to use "getInitialProps" to tell Next.js how to render a page on the server
- How dynamic routing works using page-based routing
- What's new in Next.js 7.0
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio and install Rollbar in your app to receive a $100 gift card for Open Collective
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.