My guest today is Vidal Bharath, COO of Bramble. Bramble’s mission is to power the net zero future. Bramble Energy has developed a unique, patent protected, printed circuit board (PCB) fuel cell - the PCBFC that solves perhaps the greatest barriers to the adoption of fuel cells: manufacturing complexity, scale-up and crucially cost. In this episode, Vidal talks about why he joined Bramble as employee #1, how they work, their funding journey and his thoughts on hiring and culture.
- [2:18] How did you come to joining Bramble as employee #1?
- [6:12] How did you organize yourselves with three founders, in terms of responsibilities, in the beginning, and how that has evolved now?
- [8:16] What is the right time for ideas coming out of research institutions and universities to spin out on their own?
- [11:01] What is the funding journey for deep tech look like? What are some lessons learned?
- [13:17] How did you operationalize your plans once the funding arrived?
- [17:50] Of all the things that you have accomplished with Bramble, what are you most proud of?
- [19:28] What did you do to build culture in your company that you are proud of?
- [20:06] On hiring
- [22:41] Are there things that happened as you grew Bramble that were challenging and now in hindsight you would handle them differently?
- [24:25] What’s next for Bramble?
What is The European Startup Show?
To inspire technology entrepreneurs in Europe with stories and practical strategies from other successful entrepreneurs.
If you are a CEO, founder, or work in sales or marketing, and your company is based in Europe or is looking to expand into Europe, then this podcast is for you.