Samar Owais talks about easy ways to add value and win over clients, and why curiosity and expanding your network are keys to accelerating growth.
“I’ve always felt that communities can make or break your business. And if you can help somebody, start with that. Because we all know something or someone that we can help.” ~ @samarowais
- When running an A/B test, ask your audience directly: what made you click on this email? The best research comes straight from the source.
- Curiosity is key to expansion. Always ask why things are done a certain way and don’t be afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Look to expand your network. Your network will help you find leads, vet clients, and guide you in the right professional direction.
- No matter your client or industry, focus on adding value first. Adding value can be anything from sending an article, review, or teardown. The more you can add value, the more you’ll stay top of mind for potential clients.
Links and Important Mentions
- Samar on Twitter
- Samar on LinkedIn
- Samar’s Website
- The eCommerce Email Bootcamp
- Emails Done Right
- Copy Hackers
- Fix My Churn
- The 10x Freelance Copywriter
- Val Geisler
- Joanna Wiebe
- Amy Posner
Stay in Touch
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.