Junior to Senior with David Guttman
Gene and David talk about the skill of communicating, writing maintainable code, and aligning yourself with the priorities of your company
- Figuring out your career path
- Learning to code
- Working in a team setting
- The skill of communicating
- What makes a good engineer
- “Handoff your code so that somebody else can maintain it.” - GC
- “I strongly encourage all junior engineers to work in at least a mid-sized to a large-sized company.” - GC
- “One key skillset an engineer must have is communication.” - GC
- “The easiest way to do that [align yourself to the priority of the company] is align yourself with the bug priority list.” - GC
- “You don't want engineers who become complacent, they produce so many bugs.” - GC
- “That's very important, that you're always learning.” - GC
- “You should always be assessing yourself.” - GC
What is Junior to Senior with David Guttman?
A weekly show for ambitious devs who want to take their career to the next level.