In the spirit of the new year, Adam and Ben Orenstein talk about getting in shape through strength training.
- What exercises you should focus on and why
- How to develop a system that will force you to make progress
- The importance of keeping a training journal
- Why full-body workouts are better than training a specific muscle group each day
- The importance of mobility for both training and your work life
- Why building strength is so important as you age
- Why you shouldn't trust trainers trying to sell complex exercise programs
- Why you probably shouldn't be running for exercise
- What equipment you need to get started
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio and install Rollbar in your app to receive a $100 gift card for Open Collective
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
- Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe
- 5/3/1 by Jim Wendler
- Deskbound by Kelly Starrett
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Strong app for iOS
- "Why You Should Not Be Running" by Mark Rippetoe
- The MobilityWOD BattleStar
- Rogue Fitness
- Adam's last powerlifting competition on YouTube
- Habits for Hackers, Ben's latest course
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.