In this episode, Leo and Erik talk about how to be a productive parent, and not just being productive with your kid, but also how to get the business work done while parenting. What does it mean to be a productive parent or to be productive while parenting? How do you include your kids in your work while also maintaining good boundaries? And how do you get big tasks done when your time is being divided by work and your little ones?
- Raising and loving children is productive
- Don’t over strain yourself
- Your priorities change once you have kids, too, and sometimes it's difficult to imagine just how much the little ones can change your world for the better
- Try this: research how much it would cost to hire someone to do a home-related task for you vs. doing it yourself
- Sleep when they sleep
- The YMCA has great childcare options
- Have a room for work as a physical boundary between working on your business and working with your kids
- Have a support network for help: daycare, babysitter, relatives, friends with kids, and so on
- Teach your child (as early as 3-4) to play independently and be safe — they'll carry this with them into adulthood
- Small, manageable goals are good in general
- Small, achievable tasks are especially good when the kids are home
- Use timers to allocate "me time" and "us time"
- Echo Dot: Kids Edition
- Circle Round Podcast
- Wow in the World Podcast
- Bounce houses near you
- Rock Painting Kits
- Board games for little kids (psst, follow Erik for more board games)
- We'll talk more about breaking down tasks
- We're still looking for books to read and review!
What is OK Productive?
a podcast of banter and being productive enough