Today’s guest is John Locke. John is the owner of Lockedown Design, an SEO agency in Sacramento, CA focused on SEO for manufacturing companies.
- Understanding his client’s true needs and specializing in meeting those needs.
- Cutting back on partnerships with agencies so he could have more control over the process.
- Building a foundation for his business with monthly retainers.
- Search engine rankings aren’t everything. If lead quality isn’t good enough, don’t be afraid to pivot or niche down.
- Experimenting and testing your niche is an important part of the process. If your original niche doesn’t work out, you can always shift to another.
- Learn to trust your gut. Know yourself and what your goals are and make sure your decisions align with those goals.
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.