Speaker 1: Welcome back to another episode of Excuse My Grandma. It's Kim and my co host.
Speaker 2: Grandma Gail in rainy Florida.
Speaker 1: And I am in New York City. We are doing a virtual episode. Episode. So if you're watching, we are on Zoom. By the way, you can watch the podcast on YouTube or on Spotify. And, obviously, we post all of our clips on social media. And please subscribe and rate the podcast five stars and leave a little review. It makes a huge difference if you do like the podcast and want us to keep going. So, Grandma, you flew back to Florida, without Poppy. He went back the day before you.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Was flying alone more or less stressful?
Speaker 2: No. It was wonderful. As a matter of fact, you know, I was a little nervous because of the airport congestion they kept showing you on the TVs.
Speaker 1: There's this meme online or it's like a video that everyone does where it's like walking through the airport with your boyfriend, and then you hear his inner thoughts, which are like, okay. If we get to the through security at this time, we'll get through the gate to this time and blah blah blah blah blah. And then the girl's brain is like, la la la la la, which I feel like is so funny because I feel that way. But when I'm traveling alone, I'm perfectly confident and I get everywhere I need to go. But sometimes when you're with somebody else, you just like turn your brain off and let them handle it. Do you feel that with Poppy? Like, does he just
Speaker 2: handle it? He likes to first of all, he likes to get to the the gate where the where the plane is taking off. He likes to get there forty five to an hour before, and he likes to make sure he's getting his luggage on top. You know what? First of I didn't take any I didn't even take a wheelie back to Florida this time. So, you know, I moseyed on down. I had plenty of time. I sat at the gate. The worst part of flying now, and I can I've done it several times this winter, is not the actual flying. It's getting everybody on the plane with the baggage. I mean, that's a monumental mess, and they won't help, you know, the older people, they don't help anymore. Don't think they're
Speaker 1: No. Legally The
Speaker 2: or the stewards are not allowed to lift up. Maybe they're afraid they're gonna hurt themselves. So they'd rather have an old person just die in the aisle. I must say I've always had a nice person, a nice gentleman that's somewhere in my vicinity of my seat always helps me. So you know, but that is a problem. And now I was watching, actually the news this morning and the president, head of Delta Airlines was talking, now they're gonna charge you for, which I never do, but they're gonna charge you for your bags that you check, which they didn't. You're allowed to take one bag and check it through. Now they're gonna I think charge 45 or something like that for each bag, which I don't think is fair because already you're paying a lot of money for your seats. And you don't get very much service. Mean you know I can honestly say I think the service on the planes are less and less.
Speaker 1: You mean like them asking if you need anything and whatever?
Speaker 2: No I mean you know they're fine. They're almost like waiters or waitresses on a plane.
Speaker 1: Think that's all I've ever experienced, but perhaps it used to be more glamorous.
Speaker 2: Well, was more glamorous, and I think they were much more trained. I was lately, there were a couple of flights that had some issues and the steward the stewardesses were crying. If the stewardesses are crying when they're having an emergency landing, what about the passengers? I mean, what will an 83 year old woman do if the stewardesses is hysterical? I have to take care of her.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Exactly. Yeah. I don't feel like you're necessarily getting a luxury experience.
Speaker 2: No. You're not. I think you have to go I think we have to fly Emirates. Some of
Speaker 1: them have to do
Speaker 2: those airlines. So Singapore Air is very, very good. People who go on those airlines all rave about them. Our American, American airliners airliners are are not geared for luxury, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Grandma, do you ever romanticize the airport? Like, oh my god. Who am I gonna run into? Or is it No.
Speaker 2: I always run into somebody, Kim, who knows us. And they always say oh we love you, we love Kim, what's doing with her sofa? I'm getting a lot of sofa comments recently. Yeah everyone's very interested. Is But everybody is interested in your apartment Kim.
Speaker 1: Oh good. Well they'll come along for the journey I only have to start accessorizing and stuff still because it's pretty beige. Oh wait me wait for me. Will.
Speaker 2: Was actually there was gonna be a big sale down here at where I live. They have a beautiful gift shop and there was supposed to be a sale but it was such a storm we got an email this morning they canceled it so when it goes back on I'm gonna look and maybe I'll get some accessories there for you too.
Speaker 1: Mhmm. Grandma, know before we hopped on the video call, you wanted to talk about the weather. So I'm gonna give you the mic to do that in a second. But here, there has been some really nice days. It feels like spring has sprung, and
Speaker 2: I'm starting
Speaker 1: to see many people out on dates. And, like, if it feels very romantic around Central Park, and that seasonal depression is definitely coming to an end.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Always. When the flowers start blooming and the tulips start coming up, it's so, I mean, people who have like, a poppy's gonna have to start taking his allergy medicine by next week to build up some immunity to it because the blossoms, you know, in springtime in New York, with the wind, if they fly all over. But that's my favorite time of the year. And I told you to go over to the Frick this weekend or when it's nice because the Magnolias are only out for a very short time. And I saw them starting last week when we went to theater, and I saw them out in the park when we were going through the trans birth.
Speaker 1: Is that different than the cherry blossoms?
Speaker 2: No. The cherry blossoms are different. Magnolias are little white flowers that have big soft petals, and they blossom literally for a week if you're lucky. Oh, I don't think I saw that. And if it's windy, you lose them. So you really have to go up there really in the Frick Garden. They're beautiful. I used to love to look at them. And they're only out for a week or so.
Speaker 1: Are you excited to come back very soon?
Speaker 2: I'm counting the minutes. I'm counting the minutes.
Speaker 1: Before you went to Florida for the final stretch, we did have some fun stuff in New York for Passover. We went to a Broadway show together. We saw Just In Time. It was the second time you saw it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, I love Matthew Morrison. He was terrific, and he and we had a little q and a with him afterwards, which made the evening even more special.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was very cool. How did he compare to oh my god. Why do we blank on his name? John. Jonathan Groff.
Speaker 2: I Jonathan, I thought was a better singer. But of course, it was a different experience because I was sitting at those tables and he sweats so terribly when he's dancing around. But I love both of them. They were both wonderful. But the first time you see it, you always, you you get excited and more so I knew what to expect. And the one thing that I had to say was that I felt it the first the second time as well. The first act is so wonderful and happy and which was really what his life was all about. And the second act, he had such terrible tragedies.
Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prime. Obsession is in session. And this summer, Prime originals have everything you want. Steamy romances, irresistible love stories, and the book to screen favorites you've already read twice. Off Campus, Elle, Every Year After, The Love Hypothesis, Sterling Point, and more. Slow burns, second chances, chemistry you can feel through the screen. Your next obsession is waiting. Watch only on Prime.
Speaker 2: And he was a sickly man anyway, and he died, I think, at 37 or 38, Bobby Darron, so from heart failure. It was a very sad life. He he really didn't have anything that was happy in the second part of his life.
Speaker 1: It's still an upbeat show though because I feel like most of the music is upbeat and it's like the nostalgia, the music from the show is all from the fifties pretty And you love that kind of music. Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah. The late the late the early sixties. He really started, I think, in '6 I think 64 was his height of when he was very, very popular. I think that's when Splish Splash came out. But he he was you know, he had a very short life life. You know, he one of his starting at the Copa, he went to Vegas, he hung out with a lot of the
Speaker 1: Splish Splash was 1958.
Speaker 2: Was it '58? Oh, so I was still in high school in 1958. Okay. I thought he was a little later. But I think the other hits were when I was in college. That I do remember. You know, he he it was very, he was a wonderful character on stage. But he really, it was it was something that really didn't envy his life because he really didn't he loved Connie Francis, and that never happened.
Speaker 1: The The girl who played Connie Francis is on the show The Pit, and she was a really great singer.
Speaker 2: She was fabulous. Now she was I thought she had the most beautiful voice of the whole night. She was terrific.
Speaker 1: We actually didn't see who normally plays Sandra Dee, but the understudy afterward, she actually came up to Grandma and I.
Speaker 2: She loved our fun.
Speaker 1: Said like, oh, I'm such a fan. And we're like, what? We just watched you and we're a fan now of yours. So that was a really
Speaker 2: She was so sweet. It was a wonderful night, Kim. The only thing is it was 77 degrees the day before for the Seder. We went to the theater. We were wearing coats because the weather had dropped. We got out of the theater at 10:00 because we did this after the show, Q and A, and it was always snowing. It was sleeting. The two of us looked at each other, we couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was hard to get a cab, but we ended up being fine. The thing is you always tell the cab drivers how you think they should go even though they have a GPS.
Speaker 2: They have no idea where they're going. Personally, I and I'm annoyed at that GPS because I mean, for people who know the city, and I know the city very well, and I've gone certain routes now every day, especially the West Side because we go to our studio downtown, you cannot go across 79th Street to the West Side Highway. It's been closed for two years. Why doesn't what's his name? Your what do you call that app? Uber? Uber. Not Uber. Waze. They keep telling the guy to go 79th Street. If he's gonna go to the West Side Highway, he has to go up to 96th Street. No. No.
Speaker 1: That is what they're doing. I was following the map. You start screaming before he even He
Speaker 2: shouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: There. But it's stupid. Wasn't going there. You just guess. Oh, don't go that way. He wasn't planning on going that way.
Speaker 2: Oh, alright.
Speaker 1: And then you don't even let them get an edge. It was it's a very stressful situation you
Speaker 2: were It wasn't stressful to me. To me I do it all the time.
Speaker 1: Even if the driver is going to, like, the Brooklyn Bridge, I will not correct him. I could end up in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Well, that's your problem.
Speaker 1: A five star You're
Speaker 2: too easy. You're too easy in everything.
Speaker 1: I just, like, let the experts do their thing.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: But I guess they're not experts.
Speaker 2: They're not really experts, Kim. Half of them don't even know how to drive in New York. So they're relying on a GPS that I don't think is is is up to date either half the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, anyway, it was a good performance. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you
Speaker 1: remember going to my plays growing up? Because I was in in high school, I did a few plays and then in college.
Speaker 2: Talked about this, Kim. Yeah. You're not going to go a a a job on Broadway. You might be a producer or a director.
Speaker 1: By the way, I don't know why you say that because a lot of people I know say that they do see me on Broadway.
Speaker 2: Hey, sweetheart. I think it's probably maybe your mother. Don't know who else is.
Speaker 1: Not her. You and you and her are both negative about it. I don't know what leads you to believe that.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well, I just remember let's not I don't wanna say this, but when you were 17, you were on stage, and we and we went to every performance, including the dress rehearsals. And somehow, I don't know. It never worked out. You were you were never the star.
Speaker 1: Because they didn't cast me as important roles. Because first of all, everyone at Dalton, they became professional actors. So those people are literally on Broadway right now. So it's hard to compete with them. Yes. They were completely So if you have one line, like, how how is that gonna be impressive?
Speaker 2: Alright. Whatever, Kim. You're doing beautifully in what you're doing. I I don't worry about it. And if you do get a starring performance on Broadway, you know I'm gonna be in the first road cheering you on.
Speaker 1: Okay. Thank you. Begrudgingly.
Speaker 2: Not begrudgingly. Shockingly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking of taking voice lessons. What do you think?
Speaker 2: What lessons?
Speaker 1: Voice lessons.
Speaker 2: Oh, Kimberly. What you become? Maybe you should take painting lessons. I I
Speaker 1: don't I don't interested in painting.
Speaker 2: Okay. Take whatever you like.
Speaker 1: If you had to say three things to give me confidence or nice things going into taking a singing lesson, what would you say?
Speaker 2: I guess I guess try your hardest. I I wouldn't know. I I can't imagine. A nice thing. Why?
Speaker 1: Three nice things.
Speaker 2: Nice things? You're you're you're adorable. You're you're sweet, and you try very hard.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make you a good singer, but okay. So let's move on to the segment where people wrote in some questions that they wish they asked their grandparents that they never did. And so I thought, Grandma, I would ask you some of those questions myself. These ones are kind of all about romance. So our listeners were curious about how many loves their grandparents had in their lifetime. I know we've talked about dating and stuff a lot. Do you think you had the most boyfriends out of all your friends?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. I did.
Speaker 1: What what was your what did your friends dating lives look like?
Speaker 2: It was similar, but I think I I for some reason, I dated more and more successfully than that liked me. I don't know.
Speaker 1: What a successful move.
Speaker 2: Who I picked. No. I had some very nice boyfriends. I ended up with Pappy, but he wasn't a long time boyfriend. That was just after I graduated college or actually my senior year.
Speaker 1: If you were dating now, like in modern times, do you think you would have dated a ton or settled down quickly in the same way? Like would your approach have been different do you think?
Speaker 2: Well I think that I would not have gotten married as early naturally. That's that's not that wouldn't happen now. And I probably would have lived, with the person I intended to to marry once I got engaged. I I still don't like the idea that, you you live together and not become engaged. But I do think the living process before you marry is a good idea. I think people have many loves at many different times in their lives, and it can change. You know, you can you can all of a sudden wake up one morning and say, you know, this isn't working for me, and that's fine. And that's what happens. So that's why so many couples get divorced because all of a sudden you wake up after twenty years of a marriage or fifteen years of a marriage and say, oh God, how do I get out of this? In the olden times you didn't get out of the marriage as quickly but by the time I was married
Speaker 1: Twenty years is not quickly.
Speaker 2: No but when I got married in the 70s so that's about seven or eight years after I got married most of my girlfriends got divorced. And they left, they are husbands.
Speaker 1: Do you think Poppy had as many girlfriends as you had boyfriends? No.
Speaker 2: No. Know them.
Speaker 1: But you wouldn't have even known them, right? Because it's not like you grew up
Speaker 2: No, I didn't grow up in the same area. I didn't. I knew I a lot knew a lot of people that grew up in his neighborhood. I was very friendly with his cousin. We got married, she was one of my bridesmaids, but I knew her. Went on a team tour with her when I was 15 years old. So it was a small world that much smaller than it is today.
Speaker 1: But you're not the jealous type anyway?
Speaker 2: No. Are you? Not really. Not really. I was never jealous of anybody really.
Speaker 1: That's good. I'm I can't say I'm the same.
Speaker 2: I think that was my parents' upbringing. Never never look into somebody else's thing and think you want it because, you know what, there are a lot of warts and bad things in everybody's life. So don't trade your yeah. What you've got for somebody else. Somebody everybody else some issue.
Speaker 1: After dates, would you, like, debrief with your friends and be like, oh, this is what happened? Because now we all have text group chat. And we could say, you know, like Well, I
Speaker 2: think I didn't get my relationships with any of my friends.
Speaker 1: That's so fun to talk about though.
Speaker 2: No, I never did. I never did.
Speaker 1: You gave me that advice when I was obviously going on all my dates as you know I've had a lot of romances and you were always like don't talk about it with your friends which I never understood.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's anybody else's business. I mean, really, if you have a problem, then talk to the one adult in the room that you trust and that's it because and if they're really and and I really do believe this. If you if you have serious issues, then you have to move on no matter where you are in a relationship. That, you know, that has to you have to think about it from all aspects because you don't wanna get tied down in something that's either a terrible relationship or abusive or whatever, just not on the same page. Doesn't have to be abusive. You could you could be really a nice person, but you don't have the same objectives or the same desires, and it's not gonna work. I mean, that's really what ends up happening. So
Speaker 1: many In hindsight, I probably over shared about a lot of my dates. But because I think sometimes it's fun to say, like, the funny stuff, but not every single personal detail that the date says to you has to be repeated to So your I think I ended up learning that. But when you're in the moment for some reason, I feel like it's sort of what
Speaker 2: I'm the sign of immaturity. As you get more mature, you don't share.
Speaker 1: Maybe. Really? So peep business. People also wish they asked their grandparents, how did you feel on your wedding day?
Speaker 2: Well, I was sort of I was nervous Don't forget, I didn't live with somebody. Are they asking me personally?
Speaker 1: They wish they asked their grandparents that, so now I'm asking you that.
Speaker 2: Oh, all right. Well, was a very big chapter for us because we had never lived with anybody. So the idea of doing this was really something that was very large and looming. But we did it and we had hiccups along the way certainly that would have been solved if we had lived together perhaps for a few months prior to getting married. So that's why I do suggest that everybody should live together a little bit before they
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a new development? No,
Speaker 2: no, no, before marriage. I'm not saying
Speaker 1: I know. I thought
Speaker 2: you were that should live with a guy. But I think if you're if you're getting married, I think you have to live together a little bit. And I would and that would have been a very you know? But at 21 years old, I wasn't certainly in those days, you would have been thrown out of your your home. You wouldn't
Speaker 1: live I can't imagine you being nervous.
Speaker 2: Well, was nervous that was I doing the right thing. Yeah. Because I really didn't know. I mean, this was no more than a casual date. I mean, you really didn't know somebody that well. I didn't grow up with him. And so it's different. A lot of my friends went to high school with their boyfriends or with their husbands. So that was a different kind of relationship. But if you met like, after college or right your senior year in college and then you got married right after, there was a very short window. Mhmm.
Speaker 1: And that day of your wedding, was there anything like, oh my gosh, this is the vision I wanted and it came true and, like, look at the flowers and look at the duh duh duh.
Speaker 2: What a beautiful wedding, but you know, my mother did all everything. I I I actually I I never cared that much about any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: So crazy because you do now.
Speaker 2: I do now, but I'm older. I was 21. What does a 21 year old know about making a big wedding? Mean, know what? And actually, my father had offered to give us the money instead of the wedding. And my was so stupid. Course your pop, he said, yeah. That's a good idea. And I said, no. I want the wedding. Because I think everybody envisions going down the aisle in their long white dress. But in those days, it wasn't as complicated as now. I mean, we didn't have destination weddings. We got married wherever we lived in whatever you could pick different venues, but you you basically stayed in your home base. Don't find 4,000 miles to go to a wedding.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like I'll probably have chat GBT plan my future wedding. And knowing me, I will need a Google Calendar invite for the day of.
Speaker 2: Alright.
Speaker 1: Okay. Best marriage advice for newlyweds. Can I guess what your advice is? Take a walk if you get angry and never go to bed upset.
Speaker 2: Well, you should never go to bed sad, but you will. I mean, it's just an eventuality. There's some days that you wanna kill your partner. That's why you have to walk out a little bit. But that's after that's later. That's later I when you think what happens is the honeymoon phase is wonderful. And then you have reality check-in, who's paying the bills, I'm short on cash, You get fired. What am I gonna do? You know, there's so many things that happen the first couple of years and and very often children come into play. And that's where all of the intrigue and discussions become sometimes heated. And you need to have a cool head and sort of stand back a little sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I mean, let's see. Anybody that says marriage is easy is delusional. They're reading too they are watching too many rom coms. It's not like that in real in real life. And you have to be very lucky. And you have to have somebody that you really enjoy day to day life with to share it with. It doesn't always turn out perfect.
Speaker 1: Have you ever ran into an ex?
Speaker 2: Have I ever what, dear?
Speaker 1: Ran into an ex? Yes. And what happened?
Speaker 2: But not my real ex. I had a couple serious exes. I haven't run into them recently.
Speaker 1: I haven't run into a real, like, long term boyfriend, but I have run into people I went on, like, one to five dates with. And a lot of them are married probably or, like, in relationships, and it's not weird at all. And some of them, like, I still will
Speaker 3: Good sleep is everything. That's why Ollie's Science Back Support is made with a blend of melatonin and L theanine for both kiddos and grownups. So when your mind won't switch off, you've got something that can help. Your racing thoughts and restless nights won't stand a chance. Find Ollie Sleep Solutions for the whole family at ollie.com. That's olly.com.
Speaker 1: Stop and talk to them because it's like we'll have friends in common or
Speaker 2: whatever. Exactly.
Speaker 1: But I definitely would
Speaker 2: not go
Speaker 1: to a proper act.
Speaker 2: That's good. And you know hopefully, I I had one very bad breakup, but other than that you part and you know what it just wasn't working. Hopefully to feel forty years later, you can say hello. How was your life? I think, you know, it shouldn't matter. You're all you're in a different place in your lives anyway.
Speaker 1: Mhmm. Okay. So people also wish they asked their grandparents. I'm gonna ask you, what was the worst present you ever received from a partner?
Speaker 2: Well, I know first of I didn't from a partner. I mean, before Oh,
Speaker 1: we got whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh, from Poppy? I always got pretty nice gifts, I know. You know what, I always thought it signaled what I wanted. So because otherwise a lot of men had no idea what anybody, what a woman would want. And so I think I I gave little hints out. Yeah. And or I or I told them specifically what I wanted. But Right. You know
Speaker 1: I would feel weird doing that for some well, Zach is very good at gift giving, but, like, I feel like I would never be like, you see this bag? Get it for me. Like, that's so weird.
Speaker 2: Oh, also, you know, it depends on your your economic setup.
Speaker 1: Okay. Even if it was like a
Speaker 2: But the fellow dollars. Can afford anything, then you just tell them. If they can't, then you have to think about it. Yeah. But that takes
Speaker 1: the in my opinion, it takes the pleasure out of getting a gift, which is that they pick something that they think you would like.
Speaker 2: You're right. And I think especially when you're young and starting out, it it's better to just get the gifts and say thank you. And hopefully, you like it.
Speaker 1: Mhmm. I think I remember
Speaker 2: I don't know you should put too much store on gifts because it you know, it's it's unnecessary. Some people love You're making your own money, and everybody has their own careers. If you want something specifically, go buy it for yourself. We're in a
Speaker 1: different I age was the idea of gift giving for your birthday and the holidays. I wouldn't back out of that.
Speaker 2: No, it's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Separate money kept separately and then have one joint account that you pay bills. But everybody should be independent financially and not commingle.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah. I don't know what most people do.
Speaker 2: I just watched something on Instagram. The burdens were tied to the burden children were talking about that their mother forced them to have a prenup, and then she disrupted the prenup twenty years into it, and now they're getting divorced. The Burdens were a very prominent New York family, Amanda Burden. I'm just saying it's a complicated thing especially if one has assets and one doesn't. If both have no assets, know like Poppy and I had no assets going into the marriage so it didn't matter. Right. Whatever he made became our assets. But you know a lot of people since you're getting married much older have individual assets or inherited assets from a grandparent or a parent who's unfortunately passed.
Speaker 1: Yep. I think the worst date I ever got I I remember this really vividly in I think I was, like, 14. It was my first boyfriend. He just handed me, like, remember those junk food t shirts? Like, they would have Where'd
Speaker 2: you eat the t shirt?
Speaker 1: No. No. They would have, like, images of, like was it almost like Andy Warhol esque. Like they would Okay.
Speaker 2: We thought you would like that.
Speaker 1: It was a PB and J and it was like tiny tiny and bright purple and he like handed it to me. It wasn't wrapped or anything. And I think he just took it out of his sister's closet.
Speaker 2: Alright. He meant he meant well. You know, 14 year olds, what do you expect? I guess so. Are you lucky you didn't get a Mars bar?
Speaker 1: That's I so just remember being like, oh, I've never even mentioned I like PB and Js.
Speaker 2: Well, he must have thought you did.
Speaker 1: Who knows? In your eyes, what is the most romantic meal someone can cook for you? Have you ever made marry me chicken?
Speaker 2: No. But that sounds delicious. What is it?
Speaker 1: Basically, it's a thing that sort of went viral. It's a certain chicken recipe that people claim, like, if you make it for them, they'll wanna marry you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that sounds great. I like aragon and maybe a little bit of garlic and stuff. But I I can't imagine Papi would say I'm not eating that because that has garlic.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So maybe make a may maybe stick to takeout.
Speaker 2: There would be nothing that he would like. Every time I would make something, he would look for the ingredients, and he's gotten worse as he's gotten older.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that's actually it feels like that would hurt my soul a little bit. Like, because you're putting yourself out there a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I don't do it anymore. Now you know why I don't need to cook that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When
Speaker 2: the kids were young, they ate everything. But now it's too finicky. I just I don't even bother.
Speaker 1: Okay. We're gonna do a little rapid fire romance related game to finish. Okay. What's the best date spot on the Breeze side?
Speaker 2: Oh, wow. Maybe, maybe, oh.
Speaker 1: That's hot.
Speaker 2: Maybe Cassatouille did the library. It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: The Surrey?
Speaker 2: The Surrey. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you eat in there?
Speaker 2: Yes. You can have little,
Speaker 1: yeah. That's a
Speaker 2: good Very pretty. It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Okay. I like that.
Speaker 2: Or the mark. Yeah. That bar area is very, very pretty for a drink. I like pretty atmosphere.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Food. I don't really care that much about the food.
Speaker 1: I care about the food, but I feel like it's not what makes a date good necessarily. I wanna think of a good one. I did we did go to Shoe Shoe the other night that just opened. That was pretty good. It was like a lot of people. Anniversary celebration, go out for dinner or get a gift?
Speaker 2: No. Go out for dinner, definitely. To a special place and have a dinner that you really both like. Yeah. And order your own food. So you don't have to have the same exact food.
Speaker 1: Who makes the other person laugh the most? I feel like you make Poppy laugh more. Actually actually, no. You laugh a lot.
Speaker 2: I laugh, I think I'm just laughing because I'm I'm becoming like senile.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I like to have a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I I don't wanna be depressed and I don't wanna hear everybody's troubles when I go out. I'm I'm looking to have an elevated evening.
Speaker 1: That's fair. Okay. Who falls asleep first after a night out?
Speaker 2: That Poppy. He falls asleep if the lights are turned off in the living room, he's sleeping.
Speaker 1: I think that would be me also. I always fall asleep. That's wonderful. That's a wonderful fact.
Speaker 2: And you wanna know, I've always said that's the only thing I'm envious of is the ability to go to sleep quickly.
Speaker 1: And who would survive a long distance relationship better? Definitely me versus you.
Speaker 2: Definitely not me. I wouldn't tolerate it for more than a minute.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was like, that's yeah. I mean, I made it through.
Speaker 2: So Yeah. You were you were good. Back. Definitely.
Speaker 1: Okay. Just a quick little catch up. But soon you'll be back so we can do some more podcasts in person. And thank you everyone for listening. Please remember again to leave a review and rate us five stars and follow us on Excuse My Grandma on Instagram and TikTok and Facebook and all the things. And we will see you soon. Bye.