In this episode, we discuss PPP, taxes, winding down an old company, what types of optimizations are good for the customer, and more.
- Rick finished a project for a consulting client that probably won't get used. He talked about how deflating that feels, and how managers should be careful when doing this to employees.
- Less Annoying CRM just received money through the PPP and we discuss what should be done with the extra cash that frees up.
- Rick is dissolving one of his businesses as of July.
- Tyler reached a better understanding of when optimizations are good (i.e. everyone benefits) vs. when they're bad (i.e. the company makes money but the customer experience becomes worse)
- Rick's business taxes are done and we discussed the value of having an accountant who understands your unique needs.
- Tyler is thinking about moving Less Annoying CRM's marketing site to Webflow. We discussed the merits of building web sites in-house vs. using a third-party platform.
- Rick is looking into analytics tools to help understand user behavior.
- College students have been reaching out to Rick asking about internships for Startup to Last.
What is Startup to Last?
Two founders talk about how to build software businesses that are meant to last. Each episode includes a deep dive into a different topic related to starting, growing, and sustaining a healthy business.