After spending Season 01 chatting all things technical, we’re kicking off Season 02 with some general advice for making a living and building an audience online.
“The key here is to, at the very beginning, add value. Let people know what to expect and give them a reason to give you their email address. You don’t want to just be asking.” ~ @alyssa_dulin
- A creator is anyone who’s creating a product or a service that provides value. Everyone has a passion or a skill set in something, and we all have the opportunity to lean-in and become a creator.
- If you’re struggling with where to start, ask yourself, what questions do people always ask me? If you’re a go-to person for two people, you can be a go-to person for 200,000.
- Starting is the hardest part of establishing yourself as a creator. Don’t be discouraged by slow growth. Keep pushing and keep the consistency going.
- Instagram may feel fresh and colorful, but at the end of the day, Instagram will still own your audience. Email marketing is a way for you to reach your audience outside of a platform that changes its algorithm at random.
- Paid newsletters and email courses are great ways to make a living online and retarget your existing audience.
- Don’t be afraid to sell your email services to your audience. If they weren’t interested in your content, they wouldn’t be following you.
- Career Capital
- Matt Ragland
- Drew Holcomb
- GO CLEAN CO
- Deliverability on ConvertKit
- Deliverability Defined Episode 6: Authentication (SPF, DKIM, DMARC)
What is Deliverability Defined?
Each week, Deliverability Defined will dive deep into topics about email deliverability, giving you the insight you need to reach the inbox of your subscribers.