Piers Steel, one of the world's leading researchers on the science of procrastination, explains how to think about procrastination, what really causes it, and the changes we can make to do it a little less.
- David Hume, An Inquiry Concerning Human Understanding
- The four factors in procrastination:
- Reward delay
- Task aversiveness
- Subjective Expected Utility Theory
- The Procrastination Equation
- The Marshmallow Test
- Steven Covey
- Aldus Huxely, Brave New World Revisited
- Roy Baumeister and willpower research
- Drive Theory
- Learned Helplessness
- SMART Goals
- The Attention Economy
- Procrastination vs Laziness
- How to help kids with procrastination
You can learn more about Piers and his work here:
If you enjoyed this episode of Minds&Mics and want to get notified whenever new episodes are released, you can join Nick's free weekly newsletter here →
What is Minds and Mics?
Psychologist Nick Wignall interviews experts in the fields of psychology, mental health, and human potential to better understand how the mind works and how we can make it work for us to improve our lives in practical, meaningful ways.