How can we avoid miscommunications between technical and non-technical people that cause software projects to fail? Software engineer and entrepreneur Morgan Lopes is here to help us try and figure it out.
- one of the first communication challenges is agreeing on definitions of terms - 1:30
- expectation - communication = frustration -4:15
- asking 'when would you need this' to illuminate the true problems behind feature requests - 6: 30
- by giving problems instead of solutions, you invite people into the conversation - 10:10
- defining how big pains are for clients 12:30
- Empathizing with your end user - 16:30
- The longer it takes your software to get in the hands of users, the less likely it is to end up in the hands of users ever - 22:00
- Morgan's 3 strikes and your out client rule - 29:00
What is Production Ready?
Production Ready is a podcast that decodes human relationships that drive software businesses. Learn how to debug your office relationships and optimize your career trajectory for performance. Hosted by Glenn Stovall